Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
RPM SPA motor bearing replacement
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > RPM SPA motor...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
BIGALE4499

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011, 12:47pm
Subject: RPM SPA motor bearing replacement

I have an Alex Duetto II with a rusted top motor bearing. Looking for a source for this bearing for replacement. Motor type is RPM SPA C005540.
 View Profile Link to this post
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011, 1:13pm
Subject: Re: RPM SPA motor bearing replacement

Any good electrical motor repair/rebuilding shop should be able to assist.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011, 2:00pm

I am guessing that you are looking for the bearing on the pump motor as I can't think of any other motor in an espresso machine.

It is likely that as was said, a motor shop might be able to help you. Many motors though are designed as "throw aways" I am not saying that yours is one of those but if it turns out to be one or that the bearing is nearly the same cost as the whole motor, I would not be supprised.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
cpallandro

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012, 9:25pm

No idea if you got that fixed or not, but a good quality 6202 bearing with metal covers on it should work. RPM motors split apart pretty easy. I can replace the bearings in one in about 45 minutes using a vise and a few hand tools. Bearings are about $12.00 each, just a bit cheaper than the $200 plus you'll lay out for a new motor.
Ciao!
BIGALE4499

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sun May 6, 2012, 6:54pm

Hi Chris

Can you mention what brand of 6202 bearing that you would recommend. Also what is the letter designation following 6202? Do you stock these?

Thank you in advance for your help, Al
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Posted Mon May 7, 2012, 6:00am

Before you buy a part, there are dimensions to take into account, not every motor uses the same parts. There is the diameter of the motor shaft, the diameter of the housing in the motor and the thickness of the bearing it's self.

Just saying.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

ham

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014, 7:20pm

I have a Reneka Techno V2. The pump and motor started to make quite a bit of noise. I replaced the pump, and although quieter, the motor is still noisy. A pic of the pump is attached below; any update on how to choose and replace the bearing, or where to source a motor?

Thanks!

ham: image.jpeg
(Click for larger image)
skydragondave

Espresso: Commercial Only
Grinder: Commercial Only
Roaster: Has Garanti HG5
Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014, 7:33pm

The motor will almost certainly be fine and just need one or two bearings. It will be one of two types: the standard roller bearing with metal shields or the staked-in spherical bearing. Once you separate the motor this should be obvious. If you look on the outer race or the metal shield, there will be a number like 6202-ZZ on it. That's the part number. The staked-in spherical bearing will be an adventure as it is pressed in at the factory and the motor casting is squeezed in place around it by a big press. In that case you are better off replacing the motor. Most of the online dealers who carry parts should have it; it's similar to the motor used on the GS/3.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 7:13am

Some machines are just naturally noisy, my ECM is FAMOUS for being loud even though it is a rotary pump, just as loud as a vibe pump. It is the way that the motor/pump is mounted in the machine, the sheet metal acts like a speaker cone to the vibration of the motor/pump.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.

ham

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014, 3:39pm

Appreciate the replies. Re normal noise level, I've had the machine for over 10 years and it's been quite muted until the last couple of months. When I pulled the pump to replace it, there was some crud in the motor housing, which may have been aluminum or something leeching out?  I'll pull the motor this weekend and post the results.
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > RPM SPA motor...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.234601974487)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+