Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Adventures in Gaggia Evolution modding
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Adventures in...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
Author Messages
fwtechwiz

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Evolution
Grinder: Hario Skerton
Posted Wed Jan 9, 2013, 6:38pm
Subject: Re: Adventures in Gaggia Evolution modding

Don't see why not, if it's the right size (12 mm) and you can get a good hold on it, go for it.  I would bet if You get a good purchase on the valve, and one good solid strike with a hammer will break it free
 View Profile Link to this post
amufe

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro
Grinder: EM0480
Drip: Hario
Posted Wed Jan 9, 2013, 11:47pm

fwtechwiz Said:

Don't see why not, if it's the right size (12 mm) and you can get a good hold on it, go for it.  I would bet if You get a good purchase on the valve, and one good solid strike with a hammer will break it free

Posted January 9, 2013 link

thank you for help
finally i removed the valve and i clean it up
but there are still some steam leak when i am brewing the espresso
any solution?
fwtechwiz

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Evolution
Grinder: Hario Skerton
Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013, 3:03am

If you are brewing, and a little steam is coming off the espresso, that's normal, it's hot so it will be steaming.  If you're steaming milk, it is also normal to see a little steam coming from the group.
If you've got a LOT of steam coming from the group while brewing, then maybe your brew tstat is stuck on, and you're brewing with way too hot water, or you've got the steam button on while brewing.
The steam valve will leak when brewing and will drip water, but shouldn't be spitting out steam.
Exactly where is this steam coming from when brewing, and how much?
amufe

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013, 6:34am

fwtechwiz Said:

If you are brewing, and a little steam is coming off the espresso, that's normal, it's hot so it will be steaming.  If you're steaming milk, it is also normal to see a little steam coming from the group.
If you've got a LOT of steam coming from the group while brewing, then maybe your brew tstat is stuck on, and you're brewing with way too hot water, or you've got the steam button on while brewing.
The steam valve will leak when brewing and will drip water, but shouldn't be spitting out steam.
Exactly where is this steam coming from when brewing, and how much?

Posted January 10, 2013 link

after i brew the espresso,i need some more power to remove the filter holder and some steam coming out between the group and filter
as i removing the filter holder,some ground coffee with water leak from the filter then drop on the drip trap,is it normal??
i found a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzj5QagpOPQ from 05:25 to 05:50
it didnt happen like me
my english is bad,if u cant understand ,i can take a video to show u
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013, 3:53pm

I believe that the Evolution does not have a "3 way."  The 3 way serves as a pressure release to the PF making it easy to release and stopping pressure and spraying.  Instead of a 3 way, the Evolutin  has part #44

Click Here (www.partsguru.com)

a valve that does a few things.  It stops water from running out of the boiler.  It holds back about 1.5 bar pressure IIRC.  It easily releases when the pump is on for brew.  It hold back 1.5 bar steam pressure, so most of the steam goes out the wand.  When you close the wand the valve will release steam presure as needed to relieve the boiler, spit steam.  Yes it can drip, and worse if scale builds up.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
amufe

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013, 4:58am

D4F Said:

I believe that the Evolution does not have a "3 way."  The 3 way serves as a pressure release to the PF making it easy to release and stopping pressure and spraying.  Instead of a 3 way, the Evolutin  has part #44

Click Here (www.partsguru.com)

a valve that does a few things.  It stops water from running out of the boiler.  It holds back about 1.5 bar pressure IIRC.  It easily releases when the pump is on for brew.  It hold back 1.5 bar steam pressure, so most of the steam goes out the wand.  When you close the wand the valve will release steam presure as needed to relieve the boiler, spit steam.  Yes it can drip, and worse if scale builds up.

Posted January 10, 2013 link

so i need to open the wand when brewing to solve my problem?
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013, 10:41am

I am not sure how you got that out of the post.  If you open the wand when brewing you will lose a lot of the pressure.  You can open the wand when done brewing and relieve pressure, but it seems easy to just wait a minute or two for the pressure to bleed off through the puck.  If you open the wand and there is any steam at the top you may end up with a boiler not completely filled, and need to top it off as you would after steaming.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
showing page 4 of 4 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Adventures in...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.250914096832)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+