Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
stabilizing temps on Gaggia Classic
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > stabilizing...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
randytsuch

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Expobar Office with...
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Roaster: Customized Alpenrost,...
Posted Wed Mar 9, 2011, 10:10pm
Subject: Re: stabilizing temps on Gaggia Classic

Here is the OPV
Click Here (www.chriscoffee.com)

If you join the gaggia group,  you can see the instructions here
Click Here (f1.grp.yahoofs.com)

You will need these fastenal adapters
442105 and 0442606

Especially the 2nd one, which connects to the OPV.  The first is a T.
You also would need the teflon tubing I referenced before.

Randy
 View Profile Link to this post
ggcadc
ggcadc
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Alexia
Grinder: Mazzer mini E, Virtuoso,...
Vac Pot: Yama 3 cup
Drip: All of them
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Mar 16, 2011, 12:05am

after spending a few days and a few shots with this setup I have to say there is likely a difference, the only way i know it is that the heater light goes off much later in the shot, no pid to give any real data, I kinda like it that way for now, keeps me from messing with more stuff. Just wanted to post an update, works well overall
wcmocha
wcmocha
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Nemox Lux
Drip: Keurig
Posted Wed Mar 16, 2011, 6:15pm

Cool, can't wait to get mine done.  If I ever stop getting side-tracked by other mods that is...
wcmocha
wcmocha
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Nemox Lux
Drip: Keurig
Posted Mon Apr 11, 2011, 6:38pm

Ok, so here's the latest.  I've been selling stuff around the house to raise money for a PID so as to not effect our budget with a little one on the way any day now.  Just sold a computer and made up the difference.  A new PID controller kit is about to be shipped to me.  I'm excited.  

As for the rotary pump, I need to finish some woodworking inside my cabinet so I can mount the pump.  I've already fabricated the mounts and rack.

I have a design for a heat exchanger but just need to pull together the materials for it.

And for the icing on the cake, I've picked up a digital controller and scrounged up an electronic solenoid for a user adjustable time and pressure regulated pre-infusion setup.  I just need to save up for the rest of the parts.  I will definitely post up pics when it starts to come together.

I know I could just buy a nicer machine, but I'm having too much fun inventing and experiencing all of the steps along the progression.  It has taught me a lot by improving one thing at a time, then drinking the result for a few weeks before the next improvement.
ggcadc
ggcadc
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Alexia
Grinder: Mazzer mini E, Virtuoso,...
Vac Pot: Yama 3 cup
Drip: All of them
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Jun 4, 2011, 5:35pm

welp, it finally happened, and now I await my partsguru order....

one of my fittings gave way, I dont think that the plastic tubing to copper fittings will hold pressure for long, now I get no espresso for a week :(
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > stabilizing...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.199980974197)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+