Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Is there a way to test the OPV valve when it's off the machine?
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Is there a way...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Jul 12, 2007, 5:17pm
Subject: Re: Is there a way to test the OPV valve when it's off the machine?

Tex Said:

I would bet that any e61 group gasket would work. Look for anything with a 75/76mm outside diameter, 56mm inside diameter & 8mm thick. Faema for instance.

Posted July 12, 2007 link

Thanks Tex!
Exactly what I have with a spare Silvia 8mm group gasket. Seeing as the non Faema E61 groupheads are all basically copies/clones of the original Faema E61, introduced on Faema's E61 machine in 1961., I though I'd be ok there.

I do see an 8mm, 8.5mm soft versions, 8mm, 9mm, harder commercial  versions @ EPNW. I did phone WLL tech support today specifically about the Expobar Office Leva group gasket & they didn't know the thickness...

I can always shim the group gasket with a paper shim if I need the extra .5mm or .014 - .015 thou.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Psyd
Psyd
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Astoria Argenta SAE II,...
Grinder: Rio and Astoria (Mazzer)...
Posted Thu Jul 12, 2007, 6:21pm

SJM Said:

but the level of condescension when the sales(yup)men looked over their glasses at me and said "what's it for" as if .....Okay, okay, okay, I'm not going to go there.  They were supremely unhelpful and annoying, and I can't help but wondering if I would have gotten just the tiniest bit more respect for my query had I not been a (ha ha ha) girl.

Posted July 6, 2007 link

Never assume it's because of your genitalia, Susan.  It may very wel be, but I get the same reaction that you do.
OTOH, I ask the same question (regardless of the genitalia of the person seeking parts) when someone asks me to recommend a mic, or a speaker, or some other technical kit, unless I'm familiar with their qualifications.  It saves a bit of time going over the same ground in a different direction.  Secret-high-priest-nomenclature being what it is, there are three names for a beast, and one of them is another name for another beast.
The trick is that they already have theme music playing in their heads, and it's usually put there by idiots who've wasted their time, and you're just the next one until you prove otherwise.  Change the theme music running through their heads, and you can get 'em to design, and sometimes build, the new thingamajig you need to have happen.  Trust me, after plumbing my Astoria and making my auto-fill dog waterer (a must here in the desert) I've dealt with a lot of these guys.  Get 'em on your side (even if you have to play the 'I'm justa gurl!' card) and you can get stuff done.
Mostly they're just bored.

http://members.cox.net/gearsale/Astoria
 View Profile Link to this post
SJM

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: SAMA (2), Maximatic, Cremina...
Grinder: K-10PB, Rancilio MD-50
Vac Pot: no like
Drip: no like
Roaster: HotTop   Huky en route
Posted Thu Jul 12, 2007, 7:34pm

View Profile Link to this post
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Is there a way...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.221889972687)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+