Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Going for the PID kit for Sylvia from Jim Gallt...Please confirm this is wise!
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Going for the...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 7 of 7 first page previous page
Author Messages
JGG
JGG
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: PID Silvia; PID Alexia
Grinder: Mazzer SJ
Roaster: Hottop D w/HTC+TC4C
Posted Thu Apr 5, 2012, 5:50am
Subject: Re: Going for the PID kit for Sylvia from Jim Gallt...

Email sent, with apologies.

Googlemail decided Dave's notes were spam and they were overlooked.  It was obvious that he had made a different purchase decision by that time.

Jim
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Madurodave

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: Mr Coffee, perculator
Roaster: HotTop B, West Bend Air...
Posted Thu Apr 5, 2012, 9:58am
Subject: Re: Going for the PID kit for Sylvia from Jim Gallt...

JGG Said:

Email sent, with apologies.

Googlemail decided Dave's notes were spam and they were overlooked.  It was obvious that he had made a different purchase decision by that time.

Jim

Posted April 5, 2012 link

Decision not made yet - thanks for the e-mail response though! Very thorough!

Dave
Harley rider, Espresso drinker, Primo XL grill
 View Profile Link to this post
Gobstopper

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: PID'ed Silvia, Gaggia...
Grinder: La Spaziale Branded La San...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Cuisinart(the shame), mostly...
Roaster: TO/SC, Behmor+variac
Posted Thu Apr 5, 2012, 4:12pm
Subject: Re: Jim Gallt...Please confirm this is wise!

I was trying to decide between PID kits several years back(apparently the thread was revived recently), and ended up going with Jim's PID. In the end, I preferred his layout and location for the PID unit and felt that the components might be better quality.  The instructions provided by Jim were superb, and I even got a friend to do mod his Silivia as well with Jim's kit. I would not hesitate to buy from him again, although IF I ever upgrade I'll go HX, so probably won't need a PID :)
Madurodave

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: Mr Coffee, perculator
Roaster: HotTop B, West Bend Air...
Posted Fri Apr 6, 2012, 5:00am
Subject: Re: Jim Gallt...Please confirm this is wise!

Gobstopper Said:

I was trying to decide between PID kits several years back(apparently the thread was revived recently), and ended up going with Jim's PID. In the end, I preferred his layout and location for the PID unit and felt that the components might be better quality.  The instructions provided by Jim were superb, and I even got a friend to do mod his Silivia as well with Jim's kit. I would not hesitate to buy from him again, although IF I ever upgrade I'll go HX, so probably won't need a PID :)

Posted April 5, 2012 link

Jim's detailed e-mails to me were very informative. Just doing a little internal wrestling on the subject to decide what I will do. My use is pretty light typically (2 double espressos and a double shot cap for my wife) so I just have to decide if it will be worth it. Sounds like it would help consistency so I just have to decide for sure.

Dave
Harley rider, Espresso drinker, Primo XL grill
Espressosnob
Espressosnob
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Ranchilio Silvia, Gaggia...
Grinder: Kitchen Aid Pro...
Drip: Capresso Coffee TEC, Braun,...
Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012, 3:38pm
Subject: Re: Going for the PID kit for Sylvia from Jim Gallt...Please confirm this is wis

Absolutely.  Put an Auber PID on mine over 8 years ago and it's still going strong.  Works so well I've forgotten how to surf!  Faster, easier, better, consistent.
coffeeee
coffeeee
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2012, 6:35am
Subject: Re: Going for the PID kit for Sylvia from Jim Gallt...Please confirm this is wis

Espressosnob Said:

Absolutely.  Put an Auber PID on mine over 8 years ago and it's still going strong.  Works so well I've forgotten how to surf!  Faster, easier, better, consistent.

Posted July 15, 2012 link

I've forgotten how to surf!  Faster, easier, better, consistent

I totally agree !
and it also save electricity and water ! , a lot of it ;-)

Coffee is not a drink...it is an adventure...
Author of Rancilio Silvia Mega-Mod and Rocky Timer Mod (see my website)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 7 of 7 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Going for the...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.248446941376)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+