Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Lever Espresso Machines
Cremina to GS/3
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Cremina to GS/3  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
z0mbie
z0mbie
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Jan 4, 2014, 10:47am
Subject: Re: Cremina to GS/3

First of all let me say my memory was not only flawed but I did not mean 6 oz of milk, I meant steam milk for a 6 oz latte.  

And having recently filmed other videos, I agree that my suggest 8 seconds for 6oz must seem preposterous.    I just remember it was very fast so perhaps I was steaming 4 oz for a 6 oz latte.   But you are correct on the 6 oz takes a little over 20 seconds.

My apology for being overly enthused about the performance.   I don't steam my milk hot, only warm with nice microfoam, which is how I enjoy my latte best.  So perhaps that might contribute a seemingly fast steam time.  

When I get a chance I will steam 4oz of milk and see how long it takes and actually put some facts down instead of innuendo.
 View Profile Link to this post
z0mbie
z0mbie

Posted Sun Jan 12, 2014, 4:41am

So, I did some tests on my Cremina.. it takes 8 seconds to steam 4 oz of cool water from my fridge. I ran out of milk :(...  I suspect it will take probably 2 or 3 additional seconds for cold milk.
ltjaw

Espresso: Cremina 67
Grinder: OE Pharos, Rocky
Vac Pot: Cona D, Hario Nouveau, etc
Drip: Chemex, Clever, Kone
Roaster: Hottop B
Posted Tue Feb 4, 2014, 5:25am

I am currently considering adding a GS/3 to my lineup. I have been using a Cremina for over two years now and love the experience (and espresso). So I'm very curious to know if the OP is happy with the new GS/3?
z0mbie
z0mbie

Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014, 5:03am

uscfroadie Said:

Please make a video showing that along with your pour and tell us what boiler pressure and steam tip/wand you are using.  Neither of my Creminas came anywhere close to that, even when at 1.3 bar and with both the stock and new steam arm/tip.  A little over 20 seconds is more like it in my experience.

Posted November 28, 2013 link

Okay I finally got around to doing a video demo of how fast my Cremina can steam milk.  

Forgive the latte art, I had way too much coffee and had pretty much zero dexterity.

http://youtu.be/8ImRdY3Ldoo
http://youtu.be/t3V9fWODGAc   (I over stretched the milk on this one)..

BTW, My Creminas have different tips.. but they both have four holes and perform identically. Not sure which one is the original or if they are both original from different years..  The wand tip on the left is on my '84 and right one is on my '86.

z0mbie: steamwand.jpg.jpg
(Click for larger image)
CHenry

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Olympia Express Maximatic
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic Type...
Vac Pot: none
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: none
Posted Thu Feb 13, 2014, 6:35am

Salvatore Espresso Systems has announced a new piston lever machine, offering as a plumb-in as well as a reservoir water supply version. Appears to be a HX design, different to the Cremina.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Cremina to GS/3  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.206731081009)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+