Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Lever Espresso Machines
Londinium
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Londinium  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 15 last page next page
Author Messages
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Tue Oct 2, 2012, 12:00pm
Subject: Londinium

It is sad I am watching this blog like a hawk and I have no way of affording this machine not to mention the shipping and customs.

http://londiniumespresso.com/blogs/londinium-espresso-blog

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BigStormGirl
BigStormGirl
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Olympia Cremina
Grinder: Baratza Vario/Peugeot Bresil
Drip: CCD
Posted Tue Oct 2, 2012, 1:49pm
Subject: Re: Londinium

I feel your pain.  I've been reading Reiss's blog for a while now.  Love to see this machine in action.
 View Profile Link to this post
ShooterMcGavin
ShooterMcGavin
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: N.S. Oscar
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Tue Oct 2, 2012, 10:23pm

pretty much my dream machine.  having the same group as the idrocompresso + being a home sized machine    *drool*

Daviiid
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Tue Oct 2, 2012, 11:45pm

Well, in order to cut down on customs duties and shipping costs you could save your money for a QuickMill Mod. 0996: click here. It ought to be available in the United States soon.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Wed Oct 3, 2012, 9:37am

Dude, that doesn't help much! :P

Coffeenoobie

rgunson
rgunson
Expertise: Professional

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012, 6:49am

what about our super sharp express shipping to anywhere in the States for GBP71.81/USD115?

does that help?

if you have any questions about LONDINIUM I, fire away

kind regards

reiss.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012, 9:54am

Thanks for that info- it is a good shipping cost. You should post it on your site, I looked for that info there.  I wonder what US customs tax will be?

Now that you have a working prototype, on the one group, how long between pulls?  I guess a better way to ask is how long to make 4 cappas in a row for small dinner party?

Coffeenoobie

rgunson
rgunson

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012, 4:14pm

its a finished machine, but lets not quibble :)  two finished demo machines in fact :)

i can't answer your US customs question, but i suspect a US resident on this site who has imported a machine into the US can

my expectation is you may by subject to a duty, if the espresso machines are considered an activity that the US would like to protect US manufactures from imports on

i would then expect you to be liable for sales tax - this is simply so it is fair to your retailers who have to pay duty (if applicable and tax when they import goods into the US for sale)

you will pay the sales tax on the landed cost of the goods (i.e. the value of the goods plus the value of the freight)

the routine i have developed for the Bosco, and we are using the same group, albeit with a thermosiphon is as follows (assuming machine is warm and waiting to go)

1.  fill your cups within 10mm of the rim with hot water from the machine to warm them.  tip the water out of the first cup and dry off
  2.  load PF & secure in group
  3. pull lever down and count 1000, 2000, , 6000
  4.  after 6000 begin to slowly ease the lever up as you count off 7000 and 8000
  5.  as you feel the resistance of the coffee preventing the water from being pushed downward by the spring slowly remove your hand - it is important no to push the lever upwards
  6.  time the extraction from the moment the coffee leaves the PF until you hit blonding and remove the cup from the stream as soon as you see blonding.  If you have your grind and dose (16g or thereabouts) right it should take 27s
  7.  remove PF, knock out, quick blast under hot water to rinse the basket, dry off, dose the next cup
    Answer - about a 1minute cycle for the coffee, so 4 minutes for 4 cappas plus 30 seconds for milk, tops (milk texturing is done in the blink of an eye)
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Sat Oct 20, 2012, 6:39pm

rgunson:

If you have manufactured only 2 demo machines who could we ask in the USA about the cost of import and applicable taxes?  Were both of those machines sold to dealers in the USA?

Stephen
rgunson
rgunson

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2012, 5:08am

hi stephen

ah, i've clearly misled you somewhere.  we are located in London, England, which is where the demonstration machines also are at the moment

so, im not in a position to advise on USA import duties and taxes

i will make enquiries with our courier this week and see if i can obtain a list of the charges for customers in the USA so there are no unexpected additional costs for you

the service we use is a premium door-to-door service so you don't have to get involved with the Border Protection agency or any of those guys & it arrives in just a few days

kind regards

reiss.
showing page 1 of 15 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Londinium  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.246938943863)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+