Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Lever Espresso Machines
Londinium
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Londinium  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 11 of 15 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
BLrdFX
BLrdFX
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013, 7:00pm
Subject: Re: Londinium

Prof Said:

Thanks for the PM.  I think Jan 19 will work out great.  I'll bring rustic bread, cheese, Zass, my roast.  Anything else?

Back on topic:  How long did it take for the L1 to get to your place?  How long does it take to heat up in the AM?

Posted January 10, 2013 link

DHL did a good job of notifying me as to where it was at what time but never told me a projected delivery date.  The only hang up was Customs/Gov't BS.  Go onto H-B and check out the Posts I did detailing the journey under FotonDrv.

10-12 minutes max, 8 maybe if you flush some water through it first and 12 if you just let it sit.  Anything else you have heard is BS.  If you wish to time it yourself on the 19th I will leave it off in the morning and resort to my GS/3 for the morning brew.

Just bring yourself!  The bread and the home roast sound good!!  My wife is thinking about what might be good, but her mind works in different directions.  Like today she made me an octopus salad for lunch :)  Yummy...
 View Profile Link to this post
danski

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Isomac Giada
Grinder: Isomac Macinino prof Inox
Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013, 7:10am

Sooooo jealous !

I think I`d better start saving for an L1.
Funny as I was just getting into coffee around the same time that Reiss started selling/roasting....in fact I think I gave a recommendation on here for him a good few years ago.

He`s a good bloke and I still get my beans from him every month too.
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:19pm

IMAWriter Said:

Ha, what is this a pity-party for old farts?
May I join? ;>D

Perhaps about 6 L1 shots each for you old dudes will delay the eventual journey to the hereafter a bit longer!

Posted January 9, 2013 link

Are you going to drive across the USA to try the L-I with more VST baskets than a person should own?  Just kidding since I know you have one in your neighborhood :-)

If you ever do get out this way please contact us!

Stephen
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:24pm

BLrdFX Said:

Are you going to drive across the USA to try the L-I with more VST baskets than a person should own?  Just kidding since I know you have one in your neighborhood :-)

If you ever do get out this way please contact us!

Stephen

Posted January 13, 2013 link

Well, #1 I've not been invited as yet. Will Drewry is a VERY busy fellow with a young family, so all in good time.
Besides, I won't even be able to THINK about an espresso machine due to stuff we discussed off the forum.
Y'all have the BEST time! It sounds like a wonderful machine.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013, 9:02am

Coffeenoobie and Prof both arrived yesterday with their significant others to share a lunch AND to test the L-I at full speed.  There were a total of 6 of us, 2 people using 2 hand grinders and 1 barista pulling double shots.

After maybe 10 doubles, water wand going, etc. we managed to stop the L-I, so we let it rest for about 8 minutes and then we were back in business.

Once the Zassenhaus and the Pharos were dialed in, for the Sweet Maria's that was 4 day's post roast, the taste was smooth and very enjoyable.  One of our party always like their espresso with cream and sugar, but with the L-I and the SM blend no sugar was needed!

Thanks to all who participated!  It was a good day :-)

Coffeenoobie; email me, I have a question for you.

Stephen
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:50am

The coffee party was a lot of fun and it was a blast, I got to see a roaster work and play with a new machine.  They were great hosts and the machine was impressive.  I drank my shots without sugar that I normally need and that is part of the draw of wanting a lever in the first place.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
Prof
Prof
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: PV Lusso
Grinder: Pharos 696
Drip: Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor 1600+
Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013, 11:03am

Thank you Stephen for inviting two strangers (and spouses) into your house yesterday!

The Londonium I is a very impressive machine.  It produced a smooth cup with less bitterness than I expected.  The Bosco grouphead is massive, compared to the PV Lusso.  The spring action and pivot that allows it to stay down on its own before allowing the spring to take over is definitely top-shelf stuff.  

I'm glad I'm happy with the new Lusso, or I'd be making arrangments to upgrade the lever machine for that extra bit of smoothness.

Prof: Londonium I.jpg
(Click for larger image)

LMWDP # 010
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Wed Feb 6, 2013, 1:11pm

Ok stupid electrical question.  We taxed the boiler when when had so many shots pulled and Reiss said it would not have happened if we had the 2400w model.  So, what does that mean I tell the guys to do with the wiring when I remodel and what plug do I order on the machine for US market?  I mean when I win the lotto.....

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Wed Feb 6, 2013, 1:28pm

Coffeenoobie Said:

Ok stupid electrical question.  We taxed the boiler when when had so many shots pulled and Reiss said it would not have happened if we had the 2400w model.  So, what does that mean I tell the guys to do with the wiring when I remodel and what plug do I order on the machine for US market?  I mean when I win the lotto.....

Posted February 6, 2013 link

LOL, if the SuperDome had 2400w of power, no blackout!! haha
I know you meant 240w.
Around here, 220 is the best I can do.
Reiss is correct, though. Still, The L1 (as far as I can gather) was meant to provide Professional results, components, features and construction for the HOME user. I would have to imagine that 99 out of 100 occasions you'd prolly not be pulling as many shots and steaming as rigorously one after the other?
Forgive if I misspeak here.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
joatmon

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2013, 1:51pm

Removed
showing page 11 of 15 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Londinium  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.314257144928)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+