Espresso: Lever Espresso Machines
Londinium
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Londinium  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 8 of 15 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
BLrdFX
BLrdFX
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-1E mod, VL/terranova,...
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Sun Nov 25, 2012, 12:30pm
Subject: Re: Londinium

Coffeenoobie Said:

I wish I could come over and play with your new machine.  /Envy :(

Posted November 25, 2012 link

PM  me with a contact number and we can arrange it if you are anywhere near the Puget Sound.
 View Profile Link to this post
redpig

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Cellini Evoluzione v1
Grinder: DRM Conico Diretto 68
Posted Sun Nov 25, 2012, 5:32pm

Coffeenoobie Said:

So, can Reiss add some pounds coffee to the box?  Maybe some his cups?  Or is it another shipping charge?  I am shocked how fast they got to the USA.  It doesn't seem possible they could have gotten here in 3 days.

I don't think so. The box is taped and stapled at the factory, as I understand it, so it'd be a separate shipping.  It made it to me in less than three days with Thanksgiving in the middle (LHR->CVG->BNA). Hardcore.

Quick ownership update:  I'm loving the machine: beautiful, quiet, solid, consistent, ... My Cellini Evo v1 is packed up and I'm going to see how much it'll sell for.

So far, I've learned that my experience with pump machines has made me a lazy, tolerant home-barista :) I'm pulling wet pucks w/sneeze, but Reiss has given me sound guidance on how to avoid the sneeze.  I'll be trying it soon!  As is, I've pulled under extracted shots, over extracted shots, and some amazing spot on shots - with crema quality I'd never seen on my pump machine with the same beans (maybe because of barista-laziness :).  Not one shot, however, was too hot or too cold (based on taste and appearance).  The shot-to-shot thermal stability has been awesome.

Also, it steams like my experiences with commercial machines and NOT like my Cellini Evo, which I thought steamed pretty well (2 hole stock tip).  This thing is a four-holed terror. I have to be careful that I have the wand deep enough if I am steaming a not-large amount of milk because one latte's worth of milk will easily stretch 100% bubbly foam in a larger pitcher if I'm careless.  That said, it can hammer out those bubbles too, and I've managed tolerable latte art on the few lattes I've made so far, even if the milk was a little too hot and a little too stretched!

I'm hoping I'll see a sneezeless dry puck as I get to exploring this evening (what my current schedule permits). If so, I'll start a proper review with pictures, video, and other details (recovery times, etc)!
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sun Nov 25, 2012, 9:26pm

Thanks BLrdFX, I will drop you a line the next time I head up that way.  I am really excited to hear how much you like it.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 4:41am

Coffeenoobie Said:

Thanks BLrdFX, I will drop you a line the next time I head up that way.  I am really excited to hear how much you like it.

Cool!  When the machine arrives I will Post my "First Impressions" here, along with all Taxes/Tariff's that get imposed.  Then start thinking about a trip to The Sound.  We are on the Westsound in Port Orchard.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 8:22am

Cool thanks.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2012, 7:35am

Coffeenoobie Said:

So, can Reiss add some pounds coffee to the box?  Maybe some his cups?  Or is it another shipping charge?  I am shocked how fast they got to the USA.  It doesn't seem possible they could have gotten here in 3 days.

Reiss Posted something, either in his Blog or in a Forum, that all accessories will be packaged separately.  So, I would have to assume that the things like cups, portafilters, tampers, lube and coffee would be coming in another box, and hopefully the import taxes/tariffs are not exorbitant.

Stephen
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2012, 2:40pm

12 Dec to 17 Dec from London to Seattle for the accessories I ordered.  Tomorrow the big box gets shipped and I suspect about the same amount of time.  The holidays might be making things slower but I don't have any complaints :-)

The Bottomless PF holds the VST baskets, all of them from 7-22g, easily.

UPDATE:  The LM bottomless PF weighs 18.5oz & the L-I bottomless weighs 13.5oz, and by a balance feel in the hand most of that extra weight is in the handle.

Also the LM 17g baskets are 58.90mm and the L-I "double basket"  is 58.55mm
Prof
Prof
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: PV Lusso
Grinder: Pharos 696
Drip: Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor 1600+
Posted Mon Dec 17, 2012, 9:58pm

BLrdFX Said:

12 Dec to 17 Dec from London to Seattle for the accessories I ordered.  Tomorrow the big box gets shipped and I suspect about the same amount of time.  The holidays might be making things slower but I don't have any complaints :-)

The Bottomless PF holds the VST baskets, all of them from 7-22g, easily.

Posted December 17, 2012 link

Are you going to host a Londonium party here in Seattle?  I'd love to see the new beast.

LMWDP # 010
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012, 5:43am

Prof Said:

Are you going to host a Londonium party here in Seattle?  I'd love to see the new beast.

Posted December 17, 2012 link

After New Year perhaps so.  I want to get it up and running smoothly, or should I say get myself used to a lever machine.

We are located in Port Orchard.

Send a PM about a get together once I have Posted a video.
ShooterMcGavin
ShooterMcGavin
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: N.S. Oscar
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012, 10:56am

Absolutely jealous!!
Curious... were you hit with a customs fee?  

Congrats on the new machine!

Daviiid
showing page 8 of 15 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Londinium  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.336142063141)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+