Espresso: Lever Espresso Machines
Source for La Pavoni PRH 16 Professional
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Source for La...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
tonycoffee

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: La Pavoni Professional
Posted Mon Sep 17, 2007, 9:20am
Subject: Source for La Pavoni PRH 16 Professional

Have been searching around for a US source for the PRH 16 Model--this is the copper and brass model.  I have found several North American sources for other models such as the Chrome  PC 16 and the Gold PPG 16, but no one for the brass and copper unit.  Realize they all do same thing and with chrome about $300 cheaper, but I really like the look of the PRH.

Any idea of why a chrome version is so much cheaper--does a copper boiler really cost 300 bucks more than a chrome one?

So far:

1. JL Hufford does not stock and will not order.
  2. Pavonishop.com--does not list it and have sent them an email to see if will order--no response yet.
  3. European Gifts and Housewares--left a message for a call back--no response yet.

Any other suggestions for a US or Canadian source?  Have looked at number of sites in US and no one seems to carry it--hence the calls to some of the larger importers to see if they will do special order, etc.

European Options:

UK-Lapavonilove--$1,215.00--includes the 20% VAT, free shipping and the 4.33% Import Duty Tax (US model with 110volt)

Italy--Italian Kitchen Aids--$1,004.00 + VAT of $200.00 + shipping $50.00 + $45.00 approx. of Duty Tax for total of $1,299.00
I saw no indication on their site of 110/120 volt US model available so they are out I think--do not want to fool with converter, etc.  Has anyone else contacted them to see if they carry US models?

Has anyone ever dealt with either of these two companies--seem large and straight forward to deal with.  Any more, it seems to me a dealer in New York is really no different than one in Europe--problems will be no easier to resolve in either case, etc.

Have I more or less got all this right????

Am really getting to the point that the PRH model is just too much of a hassle and too costly--though I still love the looks of it and a machine like this is, to me, a work of art as well as a coffee maker.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Tony
 View Profile Link to this post
DougCox

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sat Aug 31, 2013, 1:33pm
Subject: Re: Source for La Pavoni PRH 16 Professional

I bought my La Pavoni PRH 16 Professional recently at
Click Here (www.creativecookware.com)
for $1,187 (with the 5% discount). It's expensive, but it's beautiful, and beautiful things always cost more (e.g. my wife).
It came from somewhere on the east coast and arrived in California within a week.
I used to have a La Pavoni Europiccola Chrome (EPC-8) and it made equally good coffee but it was nothing to look at.
hankbates
hankbates
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Pavoni Professional...
Grinder: LaPavoni Jolly
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Sun Sep 1, 2013, 6:14am

Probably the biggest reason for the extra cost of the non-chrome units is in the base.  Chrome units use a steel base which is chrome plated;  brass or gold units use a brass base which costs a lot more, in the range of the complete machine adder.
Brass bases don't rust, lots of people prefer the brass/copper/gold units for this reason.
beta

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013, 8:35am

New member here, 1st post.

I just searched for this very same machine myself.

Creative cookware has them for $1249.
Call them at 866-291-9199 and mention you saw there ad in Eating Well mag for 10% off.
1125 final price - best I could find.

Beautiful machine.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Lever Espresso > Source for La...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.183913946152)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+