Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Latte Art and Etching
Take a look at my Latte art
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Latte Art > Take a look at...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
MarcinD

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Faema E61 Legend S2
Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 5:45pm
Subject: Take a look at my Latte art

Hello , I would like to know what do you think  about my latte art , I'm in  new in this beautiful art.  I practice for about 1,5 months and every coffe is a new adventure for me , whitch I learn a lot , so that's it for now , Please Enjoy  ;)

Some of my work:

http://i57.tinypic.com/ri7r0p.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2q3829z.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/4ujvrb.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/2wc2ogj.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/scap2c.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/14bkuw2.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/2dgl30g.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/14ientl.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/i6mg7m.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/34t9ysk.jpg
 View Profile Link to this post
TheRealScubaSteve
TheRealScubaSteve
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Delonghi EC155
Grinder: Baratza Encore
Posted Wed Apr 2, 2014, 7:48pm
Subject: Re: Take a look at my Latte art

Looks great - far superior than any attempt I've made. How do they taste? :)

"But it is not a perfect world and none of us are god-shots.  As for me, I am a little over extracted and therefore slightly bitter and my crema is thin..." -Buckley
MarcinD

Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 5:20am

Thanks for reply, When it's come to taste people say that it's delicious whether it's americana ,cappucino or even espresso machiatto latte art style . I sign up here because i want to know what people think about my work and maybe someone give me some tips for it.
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 5:50am

MarcinD Said:

...whether it's americana ,cappucino or even espresso machiatto latte art style

Posted April 3, 2014 link

huh?  What is "espresso macchiatto latte art style"?  Or did you miss the comma key a few times?  espresso has no milk, machiatto only a spot of froth on top of the espresso and, therefore, no art, and a latte is a different animal which is predominantly milk.  So, my tip (since you asked for tips) is to try to use standard terminology.  Now, I'll look at your photos and see if there's anything else to offer that may be helpful.

Your pics aren't loading for me…perhaps because I'm using a Mac right now. I'll see if I can get on my Windows based PC later.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
MarcinD

Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 7:08am

You're right , i've made a mistake in that sentence , I'll try to keep to normal terminology.
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 8:17am

emradguy Said:

machiatto only a spot of froth on top of the espresso and, therefore, no art

You are forgetting the American Macchiatto, not to be confused with *$, that incorporates about 1oz of foamed milk into the espresso cup.  Those are often poured with art.

For the traditional macchiatto even with the spooned foam on top people sometimes use a stylus to create art on those.

Unfortunately coffee & espresso terminology isn't as universal as we would like...
I assume that the OP was referring to a Macchiatto, American style with espresso and mini latte art.

As far as the art pics go I think you are doing a good job there.  Nice!
MarcinD

Posted Thu Apr 3, 2014, 11:02am

Yes, I was referering to the mini art in espresso machiatto. Thank for your opinion , still got a lot to learn when it comes to latte art but I'm glad that someone experience could look at my work , I'll try to take some new photo in a couple of weeks and see, how my progress keeps going.
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 10:11am

DanoM Said:

You are forgetting the American Macchiatto

More like discounting, actually.  Machiatto translates to marked... and espresso machiatto means espresso marked with foam.  This thing people call "American Macchiatto" bears no resemblance to a machiatto (the generally accepted shortened version of espresso machiatto), and in my opinion should be discarded (not only from our language, but from the menus too). Of course, you are welcome to disagree and have your own opinion. When people make up their own terms, or even worse, make up their own definitions of existing terms, it has a huge impact on communication (as in this thread).  

DanoM Said:

As far as the art pics go I think you are doing a good job there.  Nice!

+1..very nice work, especially after only 1.5 months at it.  If that's really the case...it's in fact, quite impressive!  Only tips I can offer (not that I'm an expert by any means, myself) are:

1) Your skinny ones were probably due to pouring too fast.  
2) Your wider ones are really, really nice, but you seem to have a discrepancy from left to right, so try to even it out the side-side "wiggle" (don't know if there's a proper term for this motion or not - in keeping with my comments above...which is why I put it in quotes).

DanoM Said:

Unfortunately coffee & espresso terminology isn't as universal as we would like...

couldn't agree more!

DanoM Said:

I assume that the OP was referring to a Macchiatto, American style

Other than the fact that he's presenting artwork (none of which looks like anything with less milk than a cappa), why would you assume he's using American terminology?  His profile says he's in Poland. Oh, and all of his posted artwork is pouring art, not etching.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 2:13pm

emradguy Said:

Other than the fact that he's presenting artwork (none of which looks like anything with less milk than a cappa), why would you assume he's using American terminology?  His profile says he's in Poland. Oh, and all of his posted artwork is pouring art, not etching.

Posted April 4, 2014 link

Well, he's on these forums, so I assume he's picked up some of the terms from the North American market that comes up here.  That and his pics were of poured art, so I deduced.

Maybe we should re-term the "american style macchiatto", which actually differs east coast and west coast from what I've read, to something more like a "mini cappuccino"?  Really, that's what many of them have turned into, a 3 oz cappuccino.  As long as *$ continues to sell one as a large, sweet, milk-coffee drink most American's won't ever know what a real macchiatto is.

Unfortunately we've thrown out alot of the Italian art of espresso to relearn from scratch here in the USA.  That has led to some nice discoveries, but at the same time lost alot of character in drink creation, proportion, and overall design.  Some of that is coming back with the help of quality cafes.
MarcinD

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014, 5:59pm

I didn't answer cuz i was away from town for week and after a week break of making coffe i had some new pictures but not to many. Thanks for advice and others opinion  , here's a picture number one http://i57.tinypic.com/akk2fs.jpg and there was  a lot of  answer about espresso machiatto and here's a picture of it on the right http://i58.tinypic.com/2d27ww4.jpg. Hope to  hearing from you soon .
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Latte Art > Take a look at...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
The Coffee Project
Home coffee Roasting equipment, green beans, and supplies
www.coffeeproject.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.314903974533)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+