Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Latte Art and Etching
How to get silky froth with Bezzera BZ07?
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Latte Art > How to get silky...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
brettr

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sun Nov 10, 2013, 8:50am
Subject: How to get silky froth with Bezzera BZ07?

I recently purchased a Bezzera BZ07 fully auto.  I make lattes.  I used to have a Silvia and was able to get silkily smooth milk in my frothing.

But all I can ever get with the BZ07 is sudsy milk.  It doesn't seem to have a powerful wand.  The Silvia seems to have had a more powerful wand than the BZ07.  I'm not sure if that is the issue though.

Unlike the Silvia, I'm not waiting some period of time after pulling a shot.  From what I understand, you don't have to wait with the BZ07.

Are there any tips for working with the BZ07 to get non sudsy frothing?
 View Profile Link to this post
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Mon Nov 11, 2013, 1:10am
Subject: Re: How to get silky froth with Bezzera BZ07?

You're right, you don't have to wait for steaming, because the Bezzera BZ07 is an HX machine, i.e. the boiler is already on steaming temperature. I guess your issues are just a matter of getting used to your new machines? How many holes does the tip of your steam wand have?

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
brettr

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2013, 7:24am

It has two holes.  I've been trying a number of things to avoid the suds but nothing so far.
tobillsung

Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013, 9:02am

I would say you need to change how you froth milk. Two holes wand should be enough to make the silky smooth milk. I've done many latte art with single hole wand, but it took some practices.

If you still think the steaming power is not enough, try to start frothing from the side of the jar. It would help rotate the milk while you are adding the microform into the milk. As long as you feel it is warm enough simply submerge the tip so that it can rotate faster. In my opinion, the texture of milk is heavily depend on how fast you rotate the milk to stretch out evenly. I hope this can help.
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Thu Nov 21, 2013, 9:07am

Have you read the Milk Frothing Guide yet?

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Latte Art > How to get silky...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193784952164)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+