Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Elektra 1982
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Elektra 1982  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
peewee

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: several
Grinder: Electra 1982 solid brass
Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014, 11:51am
Subject: Elektra 1982

I have an Elektra 1982 very rare solid brass grinder. It's absolutely beautiful and works like new! I cant find anything about it anywhere. Holla back if you can help. Love the site. Love MY coffee!!
 View Profile Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014, 9:07am
Subject: Re: Elektra 1982

Posting a picture always helps . . .

Is it one of these?

JasonBrandtLewis: grinders_bs.jpg
(Click for larger image)

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
peewee

Posted Sun Apr 27, 2014, 11:55am

I had to downsize this to fit so this is a picture of a picture. I have only found one photo on the internet with no info so any info you have is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

peewee: 1982 Electra.jpg
(Click for larger image)
peewee

Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014, 12:04pm

Hi coffee lovers,

Apparently I have stumped everyone. Easy to understand. I have had my grinder close to 6 months and as I said, I have only found 1 picture on the net. While enjoying my espresso this morning I called a friend of mine who suggested I contact the Electra Co. or one of it's affiliates. I'm going to give that a try but if anyone has any info or suggestions I would graciously appreciate it. Thank you for the reply JasonBrandtLewis but as you can see by my picture it is quite different from any of the ones in the photo you so kindly posted.

Thank you,
    PeeWee
boar_d_laze

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Cimbali M21 DT/1 Junior...
Grinder: Ceado E92; "Bunnzilla"
Vac Pot: Royal Coffee Maker
Drip: Chemex + Kone; Espro Press
Roaster: USRC Sample Roaster
Posted Tue Apr 29, 2014, 12:20pm

I'm pretty sure that 1982 is the year of manufacture and not the model.  At any rate, I suggest that you contact Stefano at espressoparts.com.  He appeared to know something about the same model grinder in an old thread on H-B.  If you need parts for the grinders, and parts there are to be had, he can steer you in the right direction.  

Plus, he's a great guy and worth knowing just for the pleasure of the acquaintance.  

Rich
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
peewee

Posted Wed Apr 30, 2014, 12:05am

Hi Rich! You are correct,1982 is the year of manufacture. Stefano and I exchanged emails earlier and he said it  was a"very old grinder,,,,,made until 85-86"and the burrs might be the same as the current models.  That was all he could tell me. So the search continues for any info I can find or anyone can help me with. Any kind of manual would be great. If any of us out there can help with resources please do, it would be greatly appreciated  Thanks for the help, Lisa
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Elektra 1982  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.211853027344)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+