Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Please help me choose a grinder:)
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Please help me...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Aug 2, 2013, 4:24pm
Subject: Re: Please help me choose a grinder:)

calblacksmith Said:

It's OK, the mag is only through Itunes.

I refuse to have anything to do with "I" anything, that company is way too closed minded and iron fist controlling for my tastes.

Anyway, the part you can see without the lame I app, seems to be consumer orientated, not that there is anything wrong with that, there are a lot more consumers than geeks in the world, a lot more.

Posted July 24, 2013 link

You said what I have been thinking.  When I buy a product I should be able to decide how to use it and not have the company telling me what I can and cannot do.  If I want Flash on my tablet, that is my choice.
That is why I went with an Android tablet.

By the way, I emailed you back about used grinders and haven't heard from you.  I know you travel quite a bit and I am not in a hurry.  Maybe my email got caught by your spam filter too.

Anyway, I am looking forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
 View Profile Link to this post
PeterWWbeagle

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill Anita,CMA...
Grinder: Super Jolly, Mini, Macap
Vac Pot: Aeropress
Posted Sat Aug 3, 2013, 5:35pm

Janice
Just sent you an email.  As coincidence would have it, while rearranging the kitchen to better fit our QM Anita this afternoon, wife informed me our second Mazzer Super Jolly must go.  Geez,  who needs open counter space?  :)   maybe if I did more cooking. .......
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Aug 3, 2013, 10:24pm

PeterWWbeagle Said:

Janice
Just sent you an email.  As coincidence would have it, while rearranging the kitchen to better fit our QM Anita this afternoon, wife informed me our second Mazzer Super Jolly must go.  Geez,  who needs open counter space?  :)   maybe if I did more cooking. .......

Posted August 3, 2013 link

Just sent you a reply.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Mon Aug 5, 2013, 9:59am

Hi,
Yes, I did get the email and I have started looking but a good deal is a good deal, if you find one, go for it!

To find stuff at a good price, that can take time, or you can get lucky and something falls in your lap just as you start looking!

Two SJs, .... yep been there. No pressure from the wife but I decided on my own to drop to one, then I went to a Major, now I am on to other pastures and am quite happy. It seems that every grinder I get is bigger than the last..... I wonder if it is grinder envy? LOL!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
PeterWWbeagle

Posted Mon Aug 5, 2013, 10:39am

Hey Wayne

Looking at our profiles, we have much in common, besides too many grinders.  Coffee, metal working, audio. (ever heard of PS Audio)  I keep telling the wife that the black specs on top of the coffee are from the beans, not from grinding.

I was the one that mentioned above, in reply to Janice's post, having the extra Mazzer SJ grinder for sale.  Seems we both love to take apart, mod, restore.  This one has been full cleaned - love Italian machines -- they are designed to be worked on.   After contacting Mazzer, I found out that the silver metallic paint they use is the same paint BMW and Audi uses on their wheels.  Easy to source in German autoparts stores and matches perfectly.

Being a new member here, i have never listed an item for sale.  All my coffee stuff has been sold to friends, and a few items on Ebay.  i am a bit shocked how few items are listed here on CG considering how many items and upgrade fever we all seem to have.

I wrote to Janice offering the SJ for sale but have not heard back.  

Wife has adopted my doserless Rocky and loves it.  Must be size. :)  i have learned NOT to argue with her about what SHE wants to use.  So, the matching Silver SJ needs to find a good home.

Was going to list the SJ on Ebay but considering here.  Pristine SJ, silver, automatic model that has only ground about 70 pounds. (it has a doser counter).  Got both from an all too typical small business story:  they had one successful coffee shop- then opened two more and instantly went broke.  I bought the matching new SJs from their last store.  Since they were clients, could not beat them up price but the SJs were like new.

Wayne and others: would love your thoughts on the pros and cons of listing here. The grinder is an automatic.  Based on the excellent posts here and HB, i removed the auto features on the SJ i am keeping. (need a 4.5mm socket)  Easy and quick to do, plus makes the grind port easy to access.  The SJ I am selling is still factory set up with the auto feature.  But perhaps the auto feature is more of use to a busy shop - which would more likely look at Ebay then CG.  Or am i better removing the auto feature?  

Thanks in advance...
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Tue Aug 6, 2013, 11:34am

PeterWWbeagle Said:

Was going to list the SJ on Ebay but considering here.  Pristine SJ, silver, automatic model that has only ground about 70 pounds. (it has a doser counter).  Got both from an all too typical small business story:  they had one successful coffee shop- then opened two more and instantly went broke.  I bought the matching new SJs from their last store.  Since they were clients, could not beat them up price but the SJs were like new.

Wayne and others: would love your thoughts on the pros and cons of listing here. The grinder is an automatic.  Based on the excellent posts here and HB, i removed the auto features on the SJ i am keeping. (need a 4.5mm socket)  Easy and quick to do, plus makes the grind port easy to access.  The SJ I am selling is still factory set up with the auto feature.  But perhaps the auto feature is more of use to a busy shop - which would more likely look at Ebay then CG.  Or am i better removing the auto feature?

Posted August 5, 2013 link

I'm not a mod, as you can see.  Otherwise, I'd be forced to send you this info in a different setting and format...from the BST forum rules (I think it's number 5)...No machines obtained from a coffee or restaurant or food service business are allowed to be listed here. It doesn't matter if the business is real or failed, or if you bought it at a bankruptcy auction, or are selling it for a friend who never got their business off the ground. If there are any ties to a commercial business, it cannot be listed here...I'm not saying I agree with it, and I can see you've given exceptional love to that grinder.  If I had the cash laying around, I might even consider it for my office workspace.  I hope you can get it sold before they remove your thread.

To me, having people sell stuff here on CG is a real benefit because in general the items are cared for quite well - like yours.  You have some confidence that they are as advertised and that people aren't there trying to rip you off.  Selling on CG, to me, feels like I'm passing on my own things that I cared for to a good home, to someone who will take further good care of them...and more so, appreciate them.  It's a community, and just like trying to help each other out with advice, tips, experiences, etc, we help each other out with stuff.  I recently bought something through the BST forum, and was expecting some accessories that I didn't receive.  However, that was my fault, not the seller's.  I got what was advertised.  It came to me in great shape in a timely fashion, and I'm very happy with my purchase.   I wish you good luck on your sale!

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
PeterWWbeagle

Posted Tue Aug 6, 2013, 1:34pm

Thanks Ron

I am learning, slowly.  And making mistakes along the way. I really understand why the mods do not want CG to become an ebay.  As a lawyer, my concern is a system that encourages people to be less than honest.  "I bought it from a friend. period. end of story."   And people could be rewarded for being less than forthright.    I used to teach ethics and now practice in employment litigation:  acts of omission vs acts commission.  Sorry your buy did not go well.  I sell and buy stuff on high end audio boards.  The fact that people deal on those boards is a big reason for buying from them, and not fleabay. No answers here, just questions.  And i am glad i do not have to moderate.  Big thank you to the volunteer moderators...
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Tue Aug 6, 2013, 6:44pm

my purchase went well., but I appreciate your concern.  I made an assumption, not realizing that the thing I bought was available without accessories, so I thought they were coming.  I should have asked exactly which accessories, if any, were included...so my bad.  I think that overall, the sale went well, and again, I'm quote happy with my purchase.  In truth, some of the accessories I wrongly expected aren't even things I need or want.

Good to have a lawyer around if we ever need one.  Since you aren't in the practice of suing physicians, we can be friends :)

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
Whitcoatsyndrom
Whitcoatsyndrom

Espresso: Expobar Office Pulser
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Newco-OCS 12
Roaster: HG/BM
Posted Wed Aug 7, 2013, 10:50am

emradguy Said:

my purchase went well., but I appreciate your concern.  I made an assumption, not realizing that the thing I bought was available without accessories, so I thought they were coming.  I should have asked exactly which accessories, if any, were included...so my bad.  I think that overall, the sale went well, and again, I'm quote happy with my purchase.  In truth, some of the accessories I wrongly expected aren't even things I need or want.

Good to have a lawyer around if we ever need one.  Since you aren't in the practice of suing physicians, we can be friends :)

Posted August 6, 2013 link

Wait wait wait....people sue physicians?!?!?!  ;-)
PeterWWbeagle

Posted Wed Aug 7, 2013, 10:58am

Have represented hospitals.  Are hospitals not not the original "circular firing squads?"

For many of my doctor clients, they always want to argue and debate my legal advice.  The British have a great saying: why keep a dog and bark yourself?
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Please help me...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.308326005936)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+