Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Ceado E92
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Ceado E92  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
CJC

Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Thu May 9, 2013, 9:20am
Subject: Ceado E92

Anyone used?
Anyone know anything about them?!

http://www.ceado.com/prodotti_dett.php?cat=10&id=164
 View Profile Link to this post
dennisthemenace

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Faema E61
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Thu May 9, 2013, 11:16am
Subject: Re: Ceado E92

Yeah. They are well expensive. Look on the coffeehit UK site and you see they are 200 more expensive than a Robur.
myallawala
myallawala
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Mazzer Major & Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama Burner
Drip: Hario V60 & Chemex
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Thu May 9, 2013, 3:13pm

This might be useful: Click Here (www.wholelattelove.com)
CJC

Posted Fri May 10, 2013, 5:36pm

Thanks guys. yes, expensive toys. I gather there aren't many out in the wild. Amazingly little info online; beyond people selling them. They look like they might have a few pros over the robur e's we currently use. My boss has bought one to try. I'll report back if anyone is interested.
firefighter124

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Gaggia MDF
Drip: Bonavita
Posted Fri May 31, 2013, 11:36am

CJC,
hi, just wondering if you've gotten any feedback from your boss on the Ceado?

I purchased the E37S from WLL about 3 weeks ago. I love it.

It's a beast for sure, but quiet and fast. Easy to dial in and not messy at all. WLL included a Mazzer Mini short hopper at no charge. Reduced the height considerably.
Pete
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Sat Jun 1, 2013, 5:01am

firefighter124 Said:

CJC,
hi, just wondering if you've gotten any feedback from your boss on the Ceado?

I purchased the E37S from WLL about 3 weeks ago. I love it.

It's a beast for sure, but quiet and fast. Easy to dial in and not messy at all. WLL included a Mazzer Mini short hopper at no charge. Reduced the height considerably.
Pete

Posted May 31, 2013 link

I too am interested in what The Boss said about the about the E92.  

I had an early E37 and when it worked it was a thing of joy!  Quiet, low profile and easy to clean.  I suspect the E92 would be the same, I just hope they made the electronics a bit more bulletproof.
CJC

Posted Fri Dec 20, 2013, 6:42pm

Short answer after 8 months use  ..don't bother.  if you need a grinder in this class look else where. The robur e it sits next to out performs it in every way. It isn't terrible by any means but for the money, no.
boar_d_laze

Espresso: La Cimbali M21 DT/1 Junior...
Grinder: Ceado E92; "Bunnzilla"
Vac Pot: Royal Coffee Maker
Drip: Chemex + Kone; Espro Press
Roaster: USRC Sample Roaster
Posted Mon Dec 30, 2013, 1:40pm

I suppose it's too late to ask what "outperforms it in every way" means specifically.  It's such a sweeping and general statement, it's hard to comprehend what it means practically.    
  1. Is it noisier than the Robur?  How could it be?
  2. Is it more of a PITA to adjust than the Robur (or any other Mazzer for that matter)?  Again, how could it be?  
  3. More grind retention than a Robur E?  Robur E is over 20g, right?
  4. One of the Robur's greatest strengths as a high-volume commercial grinder -- speed -- is something of a weakness in a residential or low-volume setting because running the grinder to tighten the grind uses soooooooo damn much coffee. The Ceado's path sure looks shorter and simpler.  
  5. Combining retention with waste from dialing in, for home use the Robur E would probably mean something like 25% to 33% waste.  That's a lot even for someone who roasts more coffee than he knows what do with (no anatomical suggestions, please).  And,
  6. WLL is currently flogging the E92 for a few bucks less than $2K, $600 less than a Robur E and about the same price as a K10 Fresh.  "Cost efficiency" analysis doesn't really work for my situation, but I don't want to throw away money either.  Does the price reduction make the E92 more competitive?  

I'm not sure when I'm going to dump my La Cimbali Junior Max Hybrid in favor of something that's less of a PITA to maintain, does better distribution into the pf, and which grinds as well or better, but am resigned to the fact that "as well or better" means spending a lot of dough, and that "eventually" comes sooner rather than later.  

Something with accurate, on demand dosing would be nice -- if one exists such that getting rid of stale grounds every time it sat idle for more than a few minutes didn't add up to as big a PITA as the Cimbali's maintenance regimen.  With its apparently short path the Ceado looks like it might fill the bill.  

Thoughts?

BDL
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
scareyourpassenger
scareyourpassenger

Espresso: Rancilio Classe 7 Leva 1...
Grinder: Ceado E92, Pharos, Precisio
Vac Pot: Yama 5 cup
Drip: Technivorm CDT, Chemex Kone,...
Roaster: Sonofresco 1lb, Ambex YM-2,...
Posted Fri Jan 3, 2014, 3:14pm

Well, I jumped on e92. I will report back but based of the specs and the few reviews I saw, it can't be that bad. For commercial use, it might be more of a pain but I am not sure how.
boar_d_laze

Espresso: La Cimbali M21 DT/1 Junior...
Grinder: Ceado E92; "Bunnzilla"
Vac Pot: Royal Coffee Maker
Drip: Chemex + Kone; Espro Press
Roaster: USRC Sample Roaster
Posted Fri Jan 3, 2014, 6:45pm

Leaning towards upgrading to an E92, too.

BDL
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Ceado E92  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.271035909653)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+