Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Trouble with Vario-W
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Trouble with...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
DaninMaryland

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: V2 Silvia
Grinder: Vario-W
Posted Fri Mar 15, 2013, 5:40am
Subject: Trouble with Vario-W

I got a Vario-W last week.  great grinder and love how easy it is to grind by weight.  i have had one small issue that has been a pain the butt and want to see if it is something i am doing wrong, an issue with machine, or a typical issue other people have.

i find it very difficult to Tare the weight to zero.   the machine is very finicky.  if i hit the tare button, it will show 0.7g or something around there.  if i go to push the button, just the pressue of my finger changes the weight to 2+ grams.  i have to very finely adjust the location of the tray to get it to zero.  sometimes this can take multiple attempts and is quite a pain in the butt.

am i doing something wrong?  anyone else have this issue??
 View Profile Link to this post
brianl

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic (w/PID)
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: chemex
Posted Fri Mar 15, 2013, 10:04pm
Subject: Re: Trouble with Vario-W

make sure that the catcher is not against the back of the machine. It should be 'floating.'
bogeybutler

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Mar 19, 2013, 12:58pm
Subject: Re: Trouble with Vario-W

Thanks brianl...I was having the same problem and it was fixed or at least not as annoying once I did not have the catcher all the way in the machine and floating like you suggested.  That little sucker is sensitive.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Trouble with...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187492847443)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+