Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Baratza Customer Service
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Baratza Customer...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Rescue28

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2013, 10:13am
Subject: Baratza Customer Service

I don't normally post on topics of a more general nature, but I really have to comment on the outrageously great customer service from Baratza.  I have a Virtuoso Preciso that is around a year and a half old (read out of warranty) and it quit grinding.  Going to the Baratza web site, they have an excellent video on how to disassemble the machine, and they have all of the parts necessary to get it up and running.  What I needed really wasn't all that expensive, $15.00.  Besides ordering what I thought were the proper parts, I contacted Baratza via email to get their take on what I should do.  I don't think I have encountered customer service as good as that for years.  Their rep not only sent me all sorts of files with instructions, but he pulled my order and added a couple of additional parts that he thought I could use (no charge).  And when I told him that the very last step (pressing on a small knob on a lever) did not work, he is sending out a couple more parts so my machine is 100% perfect.  This guy (Pierce) was professional, courteous, friendly, and very knowledgable.  Based on his service alone, I would tell my Coffee Geek friends to purchase a Baratza.  And I would definitely get another one if this one ever gives up the ghost.  In addition, Baratza has what appears to be every part needed to completely rebuild their machines, at reasonable prices.

Now, that's service (and a superb product)!
 View Profile Link to this post
sgreen
sgreen
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Viblemme Replica E-61
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: Technivorm
Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013, 7:56am
Subject: Re: Baratza Customer Service

+1

Baratza is the greatest!

I truly believe their grinders are the best value available in terms of price, quality, performance, and ease of use.

Their customer service is stellar and is the standard by which I guage my own companies tech support performance. Candidly, we are occasionally as good, but never better.
tdifraia

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM67
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Bunn
Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013, 8:53am

I just received my Baratza Vario and the grounds bin had a crack in it. All it took was an email, and I immediately received a reply telling me a new one is on the way. I have to agree, Baratza has TOP SHELF customer service. I will ALWAYS own a Baratza, as both quality AND service are the BEST!
bwcasolo

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: ranchilio silvia
Grinder: baratza preciso
Drip: krups
Roaster: behmor1600
Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013, 6:32am

pierce and collin are great customer help. my new preciso will show up tomorrow with a return label for the one that is going bad. super.
ocarolina
ocarolina
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio silvia 3
Grinder: baratza preciso
Drip: french press - no drip
Roaster: behmor / iroast2
Posted Fri Feb 8, 2013, 7:39am

I have been dealing with them for my Preciso, which no longer grinds fine for espresso - under one year of  use.  They are replacing it with no problems, and hopefully it will take care of the issue.  They are now communicating well, and I should have the replacement within a week.
tdifraia

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM67
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Bunn
Posted Wed Mar 6, 2013, 9:05am

The reason I purchased my Vario was because of the reputation Baratza has for excellent customer service. I had my Vario since January 2013 and it was performing as advertised. Yesterday I began having problems and called Quinn at Baratza customer service. He walked me thru some troubleshooting and after 10 minutes figured out what was wrong. He asked me to email him my receipt and he is sending me a new one. After I get the new one, I will send my damaged one to him and he is providing me with the prepaid postage label. Now that is why I purchased my Baratza Vario. How can you beat that? If you buy a Baratza it really is guaranteed.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Baratza Customer...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.249997854233)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+