Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Bodum Bistro burr grinder MOD for fine/espresso
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Bodum Bistro...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
Author Messages
Mikespresso

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Oct 31, 2013, 2:08am
Subject: Re: Bodum Bistro burr grinder MOD for fine/espresso

@Pdm

You seem to have a very good idea of the internal wiring of the machine. In my poor attempt to fix the machine, I have unfortunately dislodged the red wire inside ( which connects the press button on top to something below) as a result of which the motor has stopped working. Could you please tell me where exactly that wire should go. Your help us truly appreciated.
 View Profile Link to this post
PdM

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Nov 2, 2013, 8:26am

Hi Mikespresso.
Sounds like you're not having fun!
But I am very sorry to say that I cannot remember where that wire goes, I haven't had my grinder open in quite a while.
I assume you have checked to see if you can find the place it fits - but have you checked on the PC board? Following that the unit works through a timer, I would think that the wire goes back to the PC board, and the PC board will have another circuit/wire that will activate a transistor or maybe even directly to the motor.

I will see if I can find a wiring diagram and let you know if I can.

Good luck, let me know what you find!
smokey_pacman

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio SIlvia V3
Posted Thu Nov 7, 2013, 12:54am

nikil, thanks so much for this thread, I will be moding mine this weekend
justanh

Espresso: Delonghi ec702
Grinder: Bodum Bistro
Posted Wed Nov 13, 2013, 10:57am

Hey PDM and those that have been able to shim this grinder,

I'm having a really hard time pulling that nut at the bottom of the grinder blade. How did you guys hold the blade tight enough to undo the nut? The note said it was right hand threaded which means that if I turned it counter clockwise, it should come off right?

Right now I have the gearbox fully detached from everything else including the motor, just can't get that undone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Justin
PdM

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2013, 11:56am

Hi Justin,
No, you need to turn it clockwise to loosen it.
I used a set of adjustable plumbers pliers. It is a bit tricky, and depending on how tight the nut is you might need 2 people so you clamp the pliers and with the other hand keep them from jumping off of the tapered angle of the burr.
If you have disassembled or removed the gearbox, open it up and make sure that you have all the ball bearings in the right place beneath the drive plate, otherwise you will be stripping it again. I learnt the hard way, took about 3 strips &  assemble tries to figure out what was making that noise! Ball bearing fell out :-P
justanh

Espresso: Delonghi ec702
Grinder: Bodum Bistro
Posted Wed Nov 13, 2013, 1:47pm

Amazing! Thanks so much. I'll get some help on this one and hopefully I have success.

Good call about the ball bearing. Are those in the gearbox or outside? I noticed one had fallen out but haven't yet found out where from.

J
PdM

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:08am

Inside the 'box, you' lol understand when you've opened it.
Good luck!
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Bodum Bistro...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.203956127167)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+