Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
anyone have any experience with Ceado grinders?
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > anyone have any...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
BLrdFX
BLrdFX
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Fri Jul 13, 2012, 12:08pm
Subject: Re: anyone have any experience with Ceado grinders?

Still no replacement for the 2(two) Ceado grinders that both failed.  Not only did they fail ,and I returned them, but my charge card has never been credited with the return of the first grinder let alone the second one!  They apparently like to keep the funds in a slush fund of some sort until they can bill another unknowing customer.

We will see how long it takes them to get a grinder here that works and refund the monies for the first grinder which they have had for weeks.

Call their customer service and voice mail is what you get, email them and you might as well be sending something to Mars.  Their web site is indicative of how they roll.  They have a "Customer Service Wall" where you are to Post questions.  Response time is glacial and then they respond to things that they perceive are an issue as opposed to getting the customer satisfied with decent service.  Their sales department knows what they are doing but it is as if the Service Deptartment is located in another city that has no ability to use phones or computers or carrier pigeons.  My auto parts store gets refunds back in less than a week.  Peets coffee has the ability to change orders within a few days and get it straight.

Another thing about WLL, if you write an honest review of a product, and it is negative, they will not Post it.  Make you think that all the positive reviews are from friends and family.
 View Profile Link to this post
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Fri Jul 13, 2012, 12:52pm

BLrdFX Said:

Still no replacement for the 2(two) Ceado grinders that both failed.  Not only did they fail ,and I returned them, but my charge card has never been credited with the return of the first grinder let alone the second one!  They apparently like to keep the funds in a slush fund of some sort until they can bill another unknowing customer.

Posted July 13, 2012 link

I am sorry but at this point I would be contacting the Attorney Generals office for Consumer Affairs were i you. That is beyond all reason and to the point of being criminal. Line your ducks up and then be prepared for the AG to ask you to sign a complaint. I doubt once that is signed and the vendor is notified that they will have much to do with you.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
flatsix

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV-R
Grinder: Ceado E37, OE LIDO #036
Vac Pot: Espro french press
Posted Fri Jul 13, 2012, 5:54pm

I'm sure state Attorney General would jump all over this. A bit of a delay in receiving a credit. Totally criminal. Please.

Anyway, I thought this was a thread about Ceado grinders. You're complaining about WLL. If your review of the grinder was anything like your most recent post here, it's little wonder it wasn't published. It was irrelevant. You've had some bad luck with a batch of defective electronics, and that's about it. Now you're just mad at WLL. FWIW, I have returned a lot of stuff to WLL, and it sometimes takes a while, but they DO issue credits. Give them another call instead of venting here. It will likely produce better results.

As I posted on HB, my Ceado experience has been great, after terrible experiences with a Silvia and two Mazzer Mini-Es. My Ceado has momentarily declined to start a few times, but it hasn't happened in a couple of weeks, and I'm no longer worried about it. Go read the thread on HB.
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Fri Jul 13, 2012, 6:13pm

flatsix Said:

I'm sure state Attorney General would jump all over this. A bit of a delay in receiving a credit. Totally criminal. Please.

Anyway, I thought this was a thread about Ceado grinders. You're complaining about WLL. If your review of the grinder was anything like your most recent post here, it's little wonder it wasn't published. It was irrelevant. You've had some bad luck with a batch of defective electronics, and that's about it. Now you're just mad at WLL. FWIW, I have returned a lot of stuff to WLL, and it sometimes takes a while, but they DO issue credits. Give them another call instead of venting here. It will likely produce better results.

As I posted on HB, my Ceado experience has been great, after terrible experiences with a Silvia and two Mazzer Mini-Es. My Ceado has momentarily declined to start a few times, but it hasn't happened in a couple of weeks, and I'm no longer worried about it. Go read the thread on HB.

I was told by WLL "that it normally to 30 days to refund monies" so does that sound right?

My review of the a machine was for the Rocket R-58, and it was a fair and honest review.  I stated that the machine pulled great shots and I really liked the way it worked with exception of the drain/drip tray system and the weird noise, nothing else, no reference to glitches in their Service Department.  It was just a fair review and very similar to others about the same machine.  Did you notice that there are no reviews of that machine on WLL's web site?  Hard to believe that nobody has said anything about it.

As far as me ranting about good, or bad, customer service, fair is fair.  It seemed to work since Customer Service called me today and they are picking up the machine and said they are thoroughly testing their replacements.  I am eagerly awaiting those replacements.  The unfortunate part of this entire affair is that it has taken so long that I will probably have to postpone their shipment unless it can get here on or before 20th of July.  Important family business is taking me far away from here.  So, my ranting apparently got some good smoke signals going between Sales and Customer Service :-)

Thanks for following this Thread!
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012, 7:09am

BLrdFX Said:

I was told by WLL "that it normally to 30 days to refund monies" so does that sound right?

If i purchased something valued at a few hundred bucks and returned it of my own accord and it took the vendor 30 days to refund my money then, fine. If I returned an something valued at $1300 of my own accord and it takes 30 days to refund fine. If I pay $2600 for something valued at $1300 and return it because it is defective/damaged and it takes 30 days plus to get the full refund bullsh**.

@flatsix  Yup I am the guy that knows exactly how much fuel my vehicles hold based on the computer reading in the car. When i am cheated by a pump that is not calibrated properly I call the state, state inspects, pump(s) get shut down until their fixed. In 5 years I have filed 3 complaints and all three times was correct when the state followed up. I don't seek or accept the refund because it is not worth the PTA. I will take the time to call the state because over the course of days, weeks or months the value the pump can steal from the consumers is considerable.

I am not saying it the vendor has committed a criminal act, i don't know. There are dozens if not hundreds of laws in each state to protect the consumer. I believe for the kind of money in question I would be finding out what laws govern the transaction and protect the consumer.  At $2600 it would  be a class c felony not a misdemeanor in Washington state if were a theft of goods and services. I made it clear this is likely not the quickest route to take if getting a grinder or refund is the goal. For that you would be better off contacting the BBB there is no refund policy published that I could find on the WLL site by they way. If the goal is to protect the next unknowing customer then asking the state is entirely appropriate.

When I am willing to accept shoddy work, poor customer service or worst case abuse I lower what is acceptable for everyone that follows. It is amazing to me that people are so willingly to accept it in the defense of a brand or retailer to which they feel undying devotion because of past purchases.

I really hope you get your grinder and it leads to a really good review. I was thinking there was to be a review of this grinder by Jon or did i miss that?

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012, 7:25am

jwoodyu Said:

I was thinking there was to be a review of this grinder by Jon or did i miss that?

Posted July 14, 2012 link

I submitted a review for the Ceado E7 grinder, and the Coffeegeek staff indicated that it will be published.
But you know how these things go, sometimes there can be quite a delay.

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012, 7:39am

JonR10 Said:

I submitted a review for the Ceado E7 grinder, and the Coffeegeek staff indicated that it will be published.
But you know how these things go, sometimes there can be quite a delay.

Posted July 14, 2012 link

Fantastic. I was off the map for a good bit with summer travel schedule etc. Cant wait to see it

showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > anyone have any...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.318157196045)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+