Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Fiorenzato T-80 Parts
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Fiorenzato T-80...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
AndyPanda
AndyPanda
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Olympia Cremina, Various...
Grinder: Mazzer Major, Fiorenzato,...
Vac Pot: vintage Corey
Drip: AeroPress
Roaster: BreadMachine/HeatGun
Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012, 11:15am
Subject: Re: Fiorenzato T-80 Parts

Also see this thread

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/grinders/571654

The quamar grinder looks to me to be the T-80 under a different brand.  The first photo shows his new glass hopper and also what must be the stock plastic hopper that came with his Quamar ... it looks like the T-80 hopper cut down shorter.  So you may be able to buy the stock Quamar hopper for a smaller hopper.

Or maybe that poster had cut his stock hopper down already.
Click Here (www.1st-line.com)
 View Profile Link to this post
RichardCoffee

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: gaggia baby twin, mini...
Grinder: fiorenzato pietro 63mm,...
Roaster: weber grill with rk drum
Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012, 11:19am

I cut my hopper down and it works great. I just used a hacksaw to cut it and it looks fine.   And, by the way, I just ordered a new doser lens for my T-80 yesterday from Espresso Parts and got free shipping.
AndyPanda
AndyPanda

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012, 11:34am

got any pictures you can post of the cutdown hopper in the grinder?
TamiP
TamiP

Espresso: Reneka Viva1
Grinder: Fiorenzato T80 and Macap M6
Drip: Bunn NHBB Velocity Brew
Roaster: Whirley Pop/BBQ Drum
Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012, 11:46am

Yes Andy, that's kind of my idea but I want to use art glass not just clear.

Tami
TamiP
TamiP

Posted Sun May 6, 2012, 6:17pm

Okay, the grinder is here, all cleaned up and repainted. Tonight I sit looking at my new baby and worshiping at the alter of Andy. I now see the rim you are talking about where stray coffee can get trapped. Your solution is fantastic and I will also use it but inside the bottom of the severely cut down hopper with glass on top. (Watch me shatter the glass trying to cut it)

I took the bottom burrs to the hardware store with me and found the washers. I glued them together and went to install them and thought I too would have to grind the edges but alas, if I put them in and slip the burr over them, they fit perfectly!

I have not put the card stock on yet though, I am a little scared of that one. Do you think plastic would work as well? Like a piece of the plastic PeeChee's they have out now or would heat be a problem?

I have to say, I am in a state of minor shock to think that someone let this get so very filthy, even moldy, and were still using it.

My burrs come in tomorrow and I will have to wait a couple of weeks for the 2 parts for the doser, it is still functional but I want it like new so I can use it for a very long time.

I also went a little crazy and changed the cord for a Breville cord, I love the way they look.

I think I am in the market for another one but doserless for our everyday coffee. Love the idea of dedicated grinders.

I will post before and after pics as soon as I get the glass finished. Thanks a million Andy and I will always be looking forward to any new info or ideas.
Tami

Tami
AndyPanda
AndyPanda

Posted Mon May 7, 2012, 2:23am

The main reason I went with card stock was that I wanted it to sweep the top of the grind chamber too.  Coffee grinds would cake up around the outside edge of the upper burr before ... but with my cardstock paddles being tall enough they sweep that area completely clean.  And when you adjust the grind between coarse/fine the height would be a moving target - so that's why I chose the card stock since it is flexible and could bend and keep sweeping even with different grind settings.  I suppose the drawback is that it absorbs coffee oils and the idea of that seems grungy - but in practice I've not had any problems with them.

If they hadn't worked so well, I would have taken them off and tried using playing cards as paddle material - still flexible but a slick finish that might be better about not absorbing coffee grime. I suspect harder/slicker material might "squeal" as the burrs spin with the paddles actually touching the surfaces they are sweeping -- the soft card stock (business card was what I used) is able to sweep silently and conform a bit to the surfaces it is sweeping and may actually have been the perfect choice.

I look forward to hearing how it turns out and seeing pictures of your art glass hopper.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Mon May 7, 2012, 12:34pm

Tami- we need updates and photos on the machine rebuilds also!

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
TamiP
TamiP

Posted Mon May 7, 2012, 12:37pm

I haven't done it yet because it's not done. Every time we get to the point of testing it, something else goes wrong.

We're doing another test tonight so wish us well. Then I will be able to get it together and pics.

Much more of this and I am going to huck it through the window!

Tami
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Mon May 7, 2012, 1:21pm

Just take one step at a time and it will work out.  I promise.  My husband freaks out every time I open the case on Oscar because he hates used stuff and he is not inclined to work on things.  But really I have learned a ton and feel completely confident that I can maintain him for years to come.  I feel much better about him with all his problems because I know I can fix him.  I would not feel this way about a new machine and I know I would be intimidated by it.  I am sooooo not afraid of taking Oscar completely apart- because I almost have already.  There is a freedom to this knowledge that I would not have with a perfect new machine.  This is how I feel about computers because I can and have rebuilt them I am not afraid to tinker with them because I know there is nothing I can't fix - no matter how far wrong it goes.  

You will feel this way about your rebuilt stuff I am sure.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
TamiP
TamiP

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012, 5:26pm

Please let me start with an apology. It has taken FOREVER to finish this and I didn't want to post pics all the time. With this album you can see that I did your mods Andy and then used the art glass. I am so very grateful for those tips. In addition however, I bought a Macap off eBay as well and did that too. I had to build the cabinets to put the coffee bars on so it took me a minute. I bought the wood today so I can finish the cabinet doors and drawer fronts.

The overall picture came out dark for some odd reason but it's really not. I have all my raw beans on the top shelf in sealed mason jars.

Let me know what you guys think.

clickhere

The link isn't working and I don't know how to fix it.

Tami
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Fiorenzato T-80...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.28271818161)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+