Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Help with Getting Baratza Vario in Hong Kong
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Help with...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
rolandlim

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Jun 9, 2011, 8:11pm
Subject: Help with Getting Baratza Vario in Hong Kong

I want to a Baratza Vario grinder in Hong Kong. I have looked at Baratza's webpage and they have a link to a dealer/distributor (Bolaven Farms) for Baratza grinders in Hong Kong. There is no mention of any Baratza product at Bolaven Farms webpage. So I emailed Bolaven Farms and they replied and told me that they only carry the Virtuoso and Virtuoso Preciso. They have no plan to sell the Vario in Hong Kong.

I have emailed Baratza support to ask them to assist me to find a dealer in Hong Kong for the Vario, but so far, the only reply I have gotten so far from Baratza support is that Mahlkonig sells their product in Europe and that he was not sure if it is available in Hong Kong, but he will ask his bosses, and that was 3 days ago and I have not heard from Baratza support since then.

I have also suggested to Baratza that if there is indeed no dealer for the Vario in Hong Kong, perhaps they can help me find an online dealer that will sell and ship a 220V version of Vario to Hong Kong, but sadly, still no news.

I would be most grateful if there are any forum members who may help me to either find a dealer in Hong Kong for the Vario or failing that, find an online dealer that will sell and ship a 220V version of Vario to Hong Kong.

Perhaps if either Kyle Anderson or Kyra Kennedy actually read this forum, maybe they can help me out in getting one of their products in Hong Kong.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Roland Lim
 View Profile Link to this post
boblam

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011, 7:11am
Subject: Re: Help with Getting Baratza Vario in Hong Kong

As Baratza said, this is Mahlkonig area so this Vario design should be marketed under Mahlkonig, not Baratza.  My understanding is that the rest of Baratza line was designed and assembled in Taiwan, thus allowing Baratza to sell its product separately.

For Mahlkonig, I would try Mahlkonig Asia first

MAHLKÖNIG Asia Co., Ltd.
Mrs. Helen Yuen
Rm 09-10, Block B, 23/F 360 Heng Tong Rd.
200070, Shanghai
Phone: +86-21-6380 2465
Fax: +86-21-6380 2477
www.mahlkoenig-asia.com
E-Mail: helen@mahlkoenig-asia.com

I did contact Mrs. Yuen back in 2009 (I think) when Baratza Vario about to come to the market and she quoted me the price (sorry, forgot but should be in line with Baratza full price in the US) but at the time, it's not available in this area.  As far as I know, they put some changes in there before its final release.

I will also try the following shop even though they don't have the picture or officially carry such product
  1.  hkcoffee.com: I heard about Vario in Hong Kong the first time from this guy but you need to be able to communicate in Cantonese
  2.  coffeeclub.hk:  If hkcoffee.com does not have it, you can try this one.  They might carry it.  
    That's all I know and good luck in getting one.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Help with...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.173786878586)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+