Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
anyone have any experience with Ceado grinders?
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > anyone have any...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
waitasecun

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2010, 5:25pm
Subject: anyone have any experience with Ceado grinders?

I was looking into their digital model ....and before I made any decisions, I wanted to see if anyone on here had any personal experience with them......
 View Profile Link to this post
alex

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Super HX
Grinder: Vario
Posted Wed Dec 14, 2011, 7:07pm
Subject: Re: anyone have any experience with Ceado grinders?

did you end up getting it? if so thoughts?
Dodge1
Dodge1

Espresso: GS/3
Grinder: K30 Vario WBC & K10 WBC
Posted Thu Dec 15, 2011, 2:43am

This review might be of interest:

Click Here (www.home-barista.com)
peddler

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Mini Vidaldi V2
Grinder: Macap M4 Doser, Kyocera Hand...
Drip: AeroPress
Roaster: HotTop
Posted Thu Dec 15, 2011, 3:16pm

My wife ordered an E37 for me.  It is sitting on the floor in a HUGE box.  Since she bought it as a Christmas Gift, I can't touch it before 12-25.  Have bought "store bought" coffee to season the burrs already.  Looking forward to an upgrade and simpler process.
alex

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2011, 1:03pm

could you post your thoughts on it after you get your hands on it? im interested to see how it compares to other grinders in that class..
thanks
peddler

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Mini Vidaldi V2
Grinder: Macap M4 Doser, Kyocera Hand...
Drip: AeroPress
Roaster: HotTop
Posted Sun Dec 25, 2011, 12:52pm

Unpacked the grinder this morning.  Without the hopper, it is about as tall as my M4 without the hopper.  The 2 inch pipe I use as a bean funnel fits the Ceado too.  Installed the hopper and have run about 1-3/4 pounds of coffee  through it to start seasoning the burrs.  At first there was some major clumping and that is starting to get better with the amount of coffee through the burrs.  The grinder is much more silent than my M4.

It comes "preset" at 4.3 seconds for a double, which does not grind anywhere close to 15 grams of the current beans.  I upped it to 5.8 seconds and it fills the double basket I am using well.  Some WDT for now, just like I used to do with the M4 when it was newer.  Expect that to be much better as it goes along as it clumps less now than in the beginning.  Was able to get a few decent drinks out this morning, although 2 I gave my wife were promptly returned.  Was able to get it right for her on the third try.

The directions are legible and straightforward.  The grinder is easy to use.

Slapping the sides to purge out coffee resulting in issues with the electronic display screen.  Turning it off and then back on, reset the system.  I used a Popsicle stick and dug out less than 1 gram from the chute.  I ran some consistency tests, however my scale is not accurate enough (not measuring to the 1 tenth) to determine accuracy of the grind.

Will finish out the kilo of store bought coffee and then move to my own roasts and comment again before next week.  Last couple of grinds will compare same beans between the M4 and E37.

It is a definite upgrade in time of grind / speed between shots. Grinding is much less messy and cleanup is very quick.
alex

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011, 10:09am

Thanks for the fist impressions. Any idea how it compares to a mahlkonig k30? They seem to use the same burrs and have similar features. Would you see a cafe use this as one of their grinders?

Looking forward to more of your insight
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011, 3:29pm

waitasecun Said:

I was looking into their digital model ....and before I made any decisions, I wanted to see if anyone on here had any personal experience with them......

Posted August 24, 2010 link

I am surprised by no reaction from JonR _ he posted some time ago that he was writing a review on Ceado grinders and tha would be a competent opinion (if he likes to share...)
Ciao, Pietro
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Wed May 30, 2012, 5:56am

I have a Rocket R-58 and a Ceado E-37 already ordered and should arrive next week.

I also bought a wide variety of roasts from Peet's and some local roasters, Seattle area, plus I am giving Black Pearl a whirl too.  It will be an interesting break-inn period for all the equipment and me, not to mention fraying my wife's nerves with my finicky fussing with a good shot of espresso.  Maybe I can even get her a good shot for her mocha's :-)

I was pretty encouraged by the video Posted on Home-Barista; nice tricks/tips.  Stay tuned.
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Thu Jul 5, 2012, 10:42am

Well, I received the Ceado E-37 and it is beautiful and when it worked it was relatively quiet but the electronics were a mess!  They worked when they wanted to so I sent the machine back to WLL.  Since I did not want to be grinderless I ordered a second one and was assured that they would refund my money for the first grinder once it was in their possession. It has been in their possession since June 22 and still no refund!   To make things worse the second replacement grinder did not work at all!  It just lights up and looks good and is a terrific paper weight.

WLL assures me that Ceado knows of the electronic problems and has new machines being sent to their distributors.  I am supposed to get one of these new machines when they arrive.  Swell.  I have been billed for 2 very expensive grinders and neither work.

The R-58 Rocket has a very noisy water fill solenoid valve which WLL acknowledges is not correct.  My house pressure is 40psi so that is not the issue.  The noise vanishes when the house water is totally removed/shut off with ball valve and the reservoir is used.  Design issues or faulty solenoid.  They said they would send me a new machine but encouraged me to take it apart to identify the offending part yet I do not have an exploded parts view to identify it!  For the cost of the machine I should not be the one messing with it...

WLL seems to have issues with Customer Service.

PS:  WLL apparently watches these Posts or coincidence has taken place.  They(Customer Service) just called and "will find out what went wrong with the billing" and will get on the Ceado grinder and the Rocket issues ASAP.  Now for the waiting game.  Both of these products should be outstanding performers once the bugs are worked out, I just dislike being the proverbial Lab Rat.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > anyone have any...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.269346952438)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+