Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Flushing Rocky (Part II)
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Flushing Rocky...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 10 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
DEchelbarger
DEchelbarger
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Solis SL-70
Grinder: Macap M 4, Rocky,...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos, Nicro
Drip: pour over, Chemex, FR Press,...
Roaster: RK Drum, I-roast, manual...
Posted Tue Feb 8, 2005, 8:48am
Subject: Re: Flushing Rocky (Part II)

Do a  Google  --  that is what sent me to Kohls.  Maybe try Kohls online.  I think they were on Amazon too.  I'll tell you this mod is well worth it.

Dave
 View Profile Link to this post
buzzmccowan
buzzmccowan
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: LM FB80 / LM GS3
Grinder: Anfim Super etc etc
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Loring Kestrel 35kg
Posted Tue Feb 8, 2005, 8:53am

Try Linen's n Things...I got mine here in Canada.  Every store carries the same merch. as far as a can tell (Which is unusal for U.S. chains set up in Canada) They have a store locator.  Here's the closest ones to you.

STORE  DISTANCE  ADDRESS MAP DIRECTIONS
CARLE PLACE 8.0 Miles  175 Old Country Road
Carle Place , NY 11514   Get Map Get Directions  
PHILLIPS AT SUNRISE SHOPPING CENTER 10.0 Miles  5500 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa , NY 11758   Get Map Get Directions  
KING KULLEN PLAZA 11.5 Miles  116 Veterans Memorial Highway
Commack , NY 11725   Get Map Get Directions

You might want to call first but I don't think you'll any problems.

Cheers,
Kaelin
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
parity
parity
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky, La Pavoni...
Roaster: CO/SC
Posted Wed Mar 2, 2005, 3:59pm

Just wanted to let anyone (that live in the US) know that maybe reluctant get one because of the fitting, That I picked one up from Linen's n Things (as suggested by Kaelin) last night. I got the .7Qt container:

Click Here (www.lnt.com)

And it works great. The fitting wasn't perfect but I added some tape like was mentioned in the other posts and it worked even better. The funny thing is, if you don't have the lid on the doser, the grinds can shoot out above the doser and spray you in the face if you're not careful. Which was sort of funny when it happened to me when I was watching the chute to see if the coffee was coming out.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jimmyJ

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Expobar Office Lever
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Rocky DL
Posted Wed Aug 10, 2005, 1:47am

Cool, removes sour-bitter taste from my grinder.
ziopliukas

Espresso: Silvia
Grinder: Rocky (doserless)
Posted Wed Dec 7, 2005, 1:29pm

The ClickClack Rocky pseudo-mod (doesn't really change anything, does it?) works amazingly well, once you've found the right sized ClickClack lid.

The first 0.7 Liter/Quart canister I bought (from The Container Store) had a lid that was too little, so I returned it. I passed up a 0.6 at the same store because it had the "wrong" part number, looked around in a bunch of stores and finally found a nested set of canisters that included a 0.6 at Linens & Things. Took it home and it worked great! At my wife's insistence we went back and picked up the 0.6 with the wrong part number--it works fine, too, so I'm keeping it as an inexpensive backup. The same size lid was on some ClickClack cookie-jar type canisters. It seems to be a standard size that they use for several products.

My suspicion is that the 0.7 Liter/Quart size has the same diameter lid as the 0.6 Liter/Quart size, and that there's a millimeter manufacturing variation in the diameter of these soft plastic parts. Get any ClickClack with a thick lid and a mouth about 4 1/2 inches in diameter, make sure you can return it, then take it home and try it out. The structure and diameter of the lid are the important things, not the part number of the canister. It doesn't have to fit all that snugly to work!

The first time you pump a ClickClack and see a big gob of old powder drop out of Rocky's mouth you'll join me in thanking CoffeeMe for posting this suggestion (last January!).
CoffeeBeau
CoffeeBeau

Espresso: Quickmill Anita
Grinder: Rocky SD
Drip: Technovorm Moccamaster
Roaster: RK Drum
Posted Wed Dec 7, 2005, 8:23pm

CoffeeMe, you rock!  The click clack lid works awesome.  Thanks for the Mod!

It is amazing how much grinds push out with a Flush,  then pulse the machine, Flush again, and you are all clean.

I think my lid is the 0,6 size,  it cost about $6.99.

Bob
BuzzedLightyear
BuzzedLightyear

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky DL
Roaster: Popcorn Popper
Posted Thu Dec 8, 2005, 9:43pm

The click clack does a good job however I notice it does not blow all the coffee out, when I take the snout off I can still brush out a considerable amount of coffee.

Anybody else experience this

Don
Lifestar
Lifestar

Espresso: Grimac Mia
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Rocky, KAP
Drip: FP, TV, Aerobie
Roaster: HotTop P, I-Roast2
Posted Sun Dec 11, 2005, 4:10pm

With the upcoming Tuesday delivery of my espresso machine I have had to move my coffee making operations from the kitchen down to what was my wet bar but is now going to be my coffee bar.  One of the biggest benefits was that the bar is right outside of my shop.  My problems with cleaning Rocky are now fixed .  I can leave my shopvac plugged in where it always is and just pull it out to my Rocky.  It is amazing how 6 H.P. of vacuum can clean out any left over grind.

Turbo Clean

Robert Kolm
Howell, MI
PepperOne
PepperOne

Espresso: In The Future
Grinder: Rocky Doserless, Infinity
Drip: TV MoccaMaster CD, KMB,...
Roaster: HotTop Digital, FR+8
Posted Sun Dec 11, 2005, 5:31pm

Lifestar Said:

It is amazing how 6 H.P. of vacuum can clean out any left over grind.

Posted December 11, 2005 link

Taking a look at the photo, I wouldn't leave the hose attached to Rocky's snout when you grind for the Presto Scandi. ;-]
Oaklandguy
Oaklandguy

Espresso: LaPavoni Europiccola, Via...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Technivorm KBT (and...
Roaster: SC/TO, i-Roast 2
Posted Tue Jan 3, 2006, 4:57pm

I just stumbled across this great idea.  Unfortunately, I can't find any of the recommended Click Clack products starting with code 2010 anymore.  It appears that the newer, smaller lid is the only thing available both online and in stores.

Has anyone found a replacement for this type of lid that works as well?  I have a couple of old click-clack containers with the right lid, but one's too small and one's too large.  Just feeling like the Goldilocks of easy grinder maintenance. . . .

Brent
Roasting in an SC/TO and iRoast 2
Europiccola/Drip/Presspot
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
showing page 5 of 10 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Flushing Rocky...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.276195049286)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+