Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
Any good espresso in Milwaukee??
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Any good...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
Lady_Croft
Lady_Croft
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: None :(
Grinder: Baratza virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama tabletop
Drip: Mellita ceramic pourover
Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014, 9:19pm
Subject: Any good espresso in Milwaukee??

Hey guys - I found out I'm going to be in Milwaukee for a 3 day convention in June. Does anyone know of good espresso/coffee in Milwaukee these days? I read about Anodyne coffee but haven't seen anything else that was recent and one thing said Espresso Cristoph was closed.
I figure someone on here might live in the Milwaukee area and you can direct me to the best place to go. I'll be staying downtown at the Days Inn, and the convention is being held at Miller Park.
Thanks! :)

(oh if anyone else out there is a foodie too, I'll take advice on where to eat. Any good Asian cuisine in Milwaukee? Thai, Korean, or Vietnamese preferably.. ? :)

~Jessie
 View Profile Link to this post
Butterfinger_414
Butterfinger_414

Espresso: Quickmill Andreja
Grinder: Robur E
Roaster: Popper 1
Posted Mon Jan 13, 2014, 9:56am
Subject: Re: Any good espresso in Milwaukee??

Try here:

The Stone Creek Coffee Factory
422 N. 5th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53203

Anodyne Coffee Rosting Co.
2920 S Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee
(414) 489-0765

For food:

Fortune Restaurant
2945 S 108th St, Milwaukee, WI
(414) 328-9890

Kiku Japanese Restaurant
200 W Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53203
(414)270-1988

I usually buy my beans @ anodyne,nothing bad I could say with they beans,which ever I've choose.Hope these will help.And enjoy in our small city.!!!

Brent *_*
Lady_Croft
Lady_Croft

Posted Fri Jan 17, 2014, 9:02pm

Thank you!! :) I appreciate the suggestions! I read some reviews already and they look good!

~Jess
rbh1515

Espresso: LM GS3
Grinder: Mahlkonig/VersalabM3
Vac Pot: have one
Drip: no
Roaster: got that too/never use it
Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014, 1:55pm

Jessie,
Yes, would definately recommend Anodyne.  Try their new location near downtown:  224 W Bruce St.  This is where they moved their roasting and is a very large nice location just south of downtown in the Walker's Point area.  There are a lot of good restuants in this area that I would recommend, unfortunately not Asian:
Ginger--excellent Tapas; LaMarenda--also excellent Tapas, and Odd Duck.
Up near the other Anodyne location is a great French restuant: Pastiche Bistro and Wine Bar on Kinnickinnic.

Also, there is a smaller roaster in Milwaukee that recently opened a cafe:  Valentine Coffee, 5918 W Vliet Street.  There is a very good resturant across the street:  Meritage.  Its not Asian, but it is excellent.

Last coffee place.  It has not opened yet, but it is downtown and is being built and should open soon.  I think it will be called Upright Coffee and will be in the Flatiron Building, 1550 N Water Street.  When I try it out I'll let you know if it is any good.

Almost forgot.  There is a fantastic Chinese resturant in the 3rd ward area next to downtown.  I took a good friend who is a big foodie, and he thought it was the best Chinese food he had ever had:  Jing's, 207 E Buffalo St.   Ask the owner Jing what to order.

Rob
Lady_Croft
Lady_Croft

Posted Thu Feb 6, 2014, 5:58pm

thank you, rbh1515! Your information is very helpful, I'm writing it all down now.
I LOVE tapas style restaurants,  I didn't mean to sound like I only wanted Asian food, but it is a favorite of mine (and usually not super expensive) hehe. So I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind.  

Let me know when that new coffee shop opens and what you think! I might just have to try a couple of them. Of course, I will also be making the jaunt down to Chicago and going to Intelligentsia after the convention weekend is over. :)

~Jess
rbh1515

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014, 6:31pm

For Chicago, definitely try Intelligensia near Millenium Park.  If you need a nice hotel down there, stay at the Burnham Hotel.  Its about 2 blocks from the Millenium Park Intelligentsia and is a very old historic hotel (if you have read the Devil in the White City by Eric Larson you will know the hotel--must read for Chicago history and my favorite book).  Also, must go to Metropolis Coffee.
Rob
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014, 8:01pm

rbh1515 Said:

For Chicago, definitely try Intelligensia near Millenium Park.  If you need a nice hotel down there, stay at the Burnham Hotel.  Its about 2 blocks from the Millenium Park Intelligentsia and is a very old historic hotel (if you have read the Devil in the White City by Eric Larson you will know the hotel--must read for Chicago history and my favorite book).  Also, must go to Metropolis Coffee.
Rob

Posted February 9, 2014 link

don't care for Intelligensia, but def agree with Metropolis, awesome coffees and the current batch of Redline is ridiculously chocolatey and yummy lol
Lady_Croft
Lady_Croft

Posted Sat Mar 1, 2014, 11:34am

Ah yes we spend a good 3 or 4 hours at Intelligentsia every time we're in Chicago ;)  I HAVE always wanted to try Metropolis though, and now I think I DEFINITELY will. Actually, I had a friend asking where online is good to order espresso from... I should tell her to get some Redline!  Their prices are a lot more reasonable too... I'm kind of annoyed at how much more expensive Intelligentsia has gotten even just since I started going there, which was maybe 5 yrs ago or so. I mean, come on! They don't even sell their coffee by the lb anymore, it's 12 oz! I hate that.

Rob, the Burnham Hotel sounds awesome but I'm not made of money HAHA! We're staying in Milwaukee anyway, just planning on shooting down to Chicago for the evening one night. As far as restaurants in Chicago we have a list too long to ever conquer...  :) My friend read Devil in the White City and I wanted to read it but haven't yet..
Lady_Croft
Lady_Croft

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014, 2:37pm

Hey, has that Upright Coffee place opened yet? Just curious!
Thanks!

~Jess
rbh1515

Posted Sun May 4, 2014, 3:33pm

Lady_Croft Said:

Hey, has that Upright Coffee place opened yet? Just curious!
Thanks!

~Jess

Posted April 23, 2014 link

Don't think so, but I will check.
Rob
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Any good...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.273138046265)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+