Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
Illy espresso cups value - 2006 Winter Olympics
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Illy espresso...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
CatfishDan

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Posted Thu Oct 3, 2013, 5:32pm
Subject: Illy espresso cups value - 2006 Winter Olympics

Hello all - I'm thinking of parting with my espresso cup collection - around 150 cups.  A few of them a friend picked up at the Winter Olympics in Italy, 2006.  Illy had a "booth" there and served in limited edition espresso cups; my friend new I was a roaster and shop owner and thus brought some home for me.  I can't find the least bit of information on them and hoping someone here can help.

Many Thanks!
 View Profile Link to this post
sharky
sharky
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 6:33am
Subject: Re: Illy espresso cups value - 2006 Winter Olympics

CatfishDan Said:

Hello all - I'm thinking of parting with my espresso cup collection - around 150 cups.  A few of them a friend picked up at the Winter Olympics in Italy, 2006.  Illy had a "booth" there and served in limited edition espresso cups; my friend new I was a roaster and shop owner and thus brought some home for me.  I can't find the least bit of information on them and hoping someone here can help.

Many Thanks!

Posted October 3, 2013 link

Let me know . . . I may be interested in a few after you post some pictures of the cups!
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 12:06pm

sharky Said:

Let me know . . . I may be interested in a few after you post some pictures of the cups!

Posted October 4, 2013 link

Please do not offer to purchase items from members who are not/cannot post in the Buy, Sell, or Trade forum. We impose a posting limit or membership duration rule to help protect members and to make it fair for our site's advertisers.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CatfishDan

Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 12:34pm

I wasn't trying to solicit sales, just looking for info on these cups from what I know to be a knowledgeable coffee ccommunity. Any info you guys may have would be appreciated, I can't even find them on Google.
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 5:18pm

Well, it was your first post, and you did ask for a price, and you did say you were thinking about selling them. It sounds like either fishing, or phishing. Doesn't mean it WAS, it just appears that way. Either way (or not), that was what the moderator was saying.

The best way to find out what they are worth to someone is to put them on eBay and see what someone will pay.

"Any given cup on any given day...."

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
CatfishDan

Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 5:41pm

No worries. If I could edit or remove the original post I would; you are welcome to do so if I've offended the group etiquette.  I used to post a lot on here when I was a roaster, but that was about 10 Yeats ago.
CatfishDan

Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 5:52pm

Dangit! I can't even edit.  That would be years ago.  I get all the "phishing" worries, and reading what I wrote I can see how it could be taken that way.  Y'all have a good weekend, enjoy your coffee.
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 7:37pm

CatfishDan Said:

Dangit! I can't even edit.  That would be years ago.  I get all the "phishing" worries, and reading what I wrote I can see how it could be taken that way.  Y'all have a good weekend, enjoy your coffee.

Posted October 4, 2013 link

Don't worry about it. These kinds of posts do tend to arouse suspicion, but no rules broken. But as Randy says, what it's worth is what anyone will pay for it at a given point in time.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Illy espresso...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.275254011154)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+