Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
Anyone have first hand experience with Nuova Point cups?
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Anyone have...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012, 11:19am
Subject: Anyone have first hand experience with Nuova Point cups?

A first hand comparison the ACF ups would great.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
 View Profile Link to this post
ShooterMcGavin
ShooterMcGavin
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: N.S. Oscar
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Tue Oct 9, 2012, 1:15am
Subject: Re: Anyone have first hand experience with Nuova Point cups?

Since ACF cups are no longer being manufactured, I've been looking extensively at alternatives such as Nuova Point, d'Ancap, and Inker.

I haven't been able to find any real comparisons between them, but it seems everyone is happy with what they have.

Daviiid
nhokt

Espresso: QM67
Grinder: Vario
Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012, 12:58pm

Just to put a data point out there, I have some d'Ancap cups and have found the design nice but the quality control concerning. Out of 18 cups (across 3 different styles) I found 3 to have defects beyond normal. The vendor agreed with me on 1 of the 3. Interestingly, they advised that the defect I saw on the remain 2 were typical of that model cup.

Not trying to bash, just putting some data out there. I may be more picky than the average consumer but when purchasing a "premium" product I do expect that it delivers.
nobbi4711
nobbi4711
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Dallacorte Mini EX4
Grinder: Casadio Instantaneous
Vac Pot: none
Drip: French Press
Roaster: Mini-500/800N drum roaster;...
Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012, 12:27am

Well, at ACF cups you'd find defects on at least 10 out of 18. Ancap and IPA make the best quality looking at the big Italian cup factories. Inker are ok, but not too well known, most people want Italian cups (a friend of mine distributes cups in Germany).

Greetings \\//

Marcus
ShooterMcGavin
ShooterMcGavin
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: N.S. Oscar
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012, 6:17pm

Since ACF has been discontinued, I've heard of cafes testing out d'Ancap cups.  Ancap is also a sponser of the 12' latte art championships.

According to OE, who supplies Inker, ACF cups were inconsistent in quality control.  Inker supposedly supplies cups for Vivace and numerous European cafes including Sant' Eustachio in Rome.

I've read that Nuova Point is a solid alternative to ACF due to its thickness, and they are sold by numerous online venders.  

I'm not too familiar with IPA, but I think they make cups for Illy.

Daviiid
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012, 7:46pm

Good feedback and thanks. To me I could give two poops about the ocasional blemish in the glaze on the out side of the cup, color etc ;@) If the handle falls of well then that is an issue for me. i have a poured terazzo floor  in that part of the house and it kills everything that gets dropped except ACF. Even correl dishes dont stand a chance but ACF cups were better than 50/50. I want the heaviest, thickest darn things I can find to hold the heat with no printing on them. I prefer the act classic shape but can live with tulip.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Anyone have...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.221969127655)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+