Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: General Discussion
Oscar Nueva Simonelli Milk Frothing
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Oscar Nueva...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
artboo
artboo
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: gaggia
Grinder: jura capresso
Posted Thu Feb 12, 2009, 7:07pm
Subject: Oscar Nueva Simonelli Milk Frothing

I cannot get my milk frothed on my oscar machine...just got it....anbody have an oscar that they can help me with the frothing
 View Profile Link to this post
artboo
artboo
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: gaggia
Grinder: jura capresso
Posted Fri Feb 13, 2009, 5:58am
Subject: Re: Oscar Nueva Simonelli Milk Frothing and other things

Also I am just having a lot of trouble with this machine....could someone who has or had an Oscar give me a call?
dcforman
dcforman
Expertise: Pro Barista

Espresso: VAM  Caravel, Nuova...
Grinder: Nuova MDX, Nuova MCF,...
Vac Pot: Yama 3 Cup
Drip: Press
Roaster: Ambex YM-2
Posted Sat Feb 14, 2009, 4:34pm
Subject: Re: Oscar Nueva Simonelli Milk Frothing

Fear not, the machine you bought can produce great espresso. Check out this thread, it helped me a lot when I was trying to get mine dialed in...

"The Nuova Simonelli Oscar Thread - with questions, tips and tricks"
caeffe

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: NS Oscar & Pavoni...
Grinder: Mazzer Major / PeDe Moka
Vac Pot: eSantos / Yama tabletop
Drip: Krups Moka Brew / Bodum Kona
Roaster: I-Roast 1
Posted Sun Mar 1, 2009, 10:54pm
Subject: Re: Oscar Nueva Simonelli Milk Frothing

Great that folks refer to that thread :-)
BTW, I still have the Grouch!

Frothing Milk tips - here's a couple things to try
You can try blocking 2 of the 4 holes with toothpicks for a while.  The issue is that the 4 holes point outwards and it becomes difficult to create a vortex before the milk gets too hot.

Once you get used to the 2 hole trick you'll find how long it actually takes to get to the 160 deg temp.  It's like driving a stick shift car - you'll soon get the feel.  Now, what I actually do is keep the tip close to a wall - this effectively blocks 2 of the holes.  Easier to get a good vortex and somewhat slows down the heating process allowing you to expand that milk slowly and with more control.

cheers,
Caeffe
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Oscar Nueva...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.225373983383)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+