Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
What & where to buy fresh roasted coffee beans
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > What & where to...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
skiezo

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Thu Feb 27, 2014, 9:31pm
Subject: Re: What & where to buy fresh roasted coffee beans

There is a place in Harrisburg PA. that is a local roaster and is always fresh. He has been at it for quite a while and has some great beans.
It is called St.Thomas Roasters and here is a link to there site.

http://saintthomasroasters.keshikusa.com/index.php
I buy all my beans there for my Moka pots.
 View Profile Link to this post
anthaicafe
anthaicafe
Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Mar 6, 2014, 9:14pm

I am a coffee lover. I prefer a cup of coffee brewed by coffee machine with fresh roasted coffee beans. This is the way I can feel the true coffee taste and give me inspiration every morning to star a working day. I live in Vietnam, so my favourite brand is An Thai Cafe. An Thai Cafe provide various kinds of roasted coffee beans, such as Arabica, Robusta, Special (one seed only in a fruit), Weasel aroma (fermented to have the same flavour with Civet Coffee). For more information, you all can visit An Thai' page www.anthaigroup.com
phippini

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Anita
Grinder: Breville Smart Grind
Posted Mon Mar 10, 2014, 5:47am

Got my first order from Lens Blends on Saturday afternoon, great tasting espresso.  Huge taste difference in having these fresh roasted beans in the grinder.  I am fairly new to the barrista life, but am very happy with the product and timely shipping right after the roasting.  It was the FTO blend BTW.
Pepperoni11

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vintage Gaggia
Grinder: Hario, Espresso extractor
Drip: Bee house pour-over
Roaster: Gene cafe
Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014, 2:53pm

Anyone know a place in New Jersey for good local beans. I frequent Rojos Roastery and Small World coffee when I get a chance but not sure where else I could go. If I go to Philadelphia there are a ton! I would like to get a nice espresso blend. I roast my own a lot but I like to try other companies or roasters blends to get ideas.
Skylar

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: lelit espresso
Grinder: lelit grinder
Vac Pot: B. D. Electric
Drip: chemex
Roaster: wok roast and popper, heat...
Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014, 4:39pm

I am in central New Jersey by the shore. I can give you the names of three roasteries I have direct personal experience with hoping, if you are not in this area, others my refer you to places that might be an easier journey.

!. Jersey shore coffee roasters (Leonardo, I believe)

1. Rook (Long Branch)

2. Turnstile coffee  (Belmar)

I have had coffee from all three.  They are in Monmouth County and may all be located on the web, as I assume other local roasters may be found.

Sky

By the way it may be a small state but still, if you want, you might let us know where you are from - North, Central or South or perhaps your county, It could help us in directing you to places that might be an acceptable drive.
Pepperoni11

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vintage Gaggia
Grinder: Hario, Espresso extractor
Drip: Bee house pour-over
Roaster: Gene cafe
Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014, 5:04pm

Hey thanks I will try those roasters. I am from central Jersey. Hunterdon county area. I go to the shore every weekend in the summer so I will definitely check those spots out. I usually go to cafe volan in Asbury Park. Pretty good little coffee shop. I have seen Stay Gold in Belmar but I have never been in. Thanks again for the roasters
nkbsbl

Espresso: Elektra Semiautomatica SX
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 10:59am

Skylar Said:

I am in central New Jersey by the shore. I can give you the names of three roasteries I have direct personal experience with hoping, if you are not in this area, others my refer you to places that might be an easier journey.

!. Jersey shore coffee roasters (Leonardo, I believe)

Rook (Long Branch)

Turnstile coffee  (Belmar)

I have had coffee from all three.  They are in Monmouth County and may all be located on the web, as I assume other local roasters may be found.

Sky

By the way it may be a small state but still, if you want, you might let us know where you are from - North, Central or South or perhaps your county, It could help us in directing you to places that might be an acceptable drive.

Posted March 26, 2014 link

Hi Skylar,

I am located in Morris County NJ - near Morristown area. Do you know any local roasters in the area? I have been unable to find any.

Thank you!!
Worldman
Worldman
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Expobar Office Control
Grinder: Cimbali 6/S
Posted Sat Apr 12, 2014, 2:03am

phippini Said:

Got my first order from Lens Blends on Saturday afternoon, great tasting espresso.  Huge taste difference in having these fresh roasted beans in the grinder...  I am fairly new to the barrista life, but am very happy with the product and timely shipping right after the roasting...

Posted March 10, 2014 link

THANK YOU very much for the kind words.

Len
Len's Espresso Blends
www.lensespressoblends.com
Skylar

Espresso: lelit espresso
Grinder: lelit grinder
Vac Pot: B. D. Electric
Drip: chemex
Roaster: wok roast and popper, heat...
Posted Sat Apr 12, 2014, 6:02am

Sorry, but despite having grown up in Morris county and even attending school there, my life path brought me to the shore and I have had little travel to the county for many years (since 1983, as it would happen).

Afraid I have no personal knowledge or roasters local to the county.

Sky
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > What & where to...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.247539043427)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+