Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Espresso club with reasonable shipping?
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Espresso club...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
coffeeinquirer

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014, 10:04pm
Subject: Re: Espresso club with reasonable shipping?

Does Intelligentsia still offer free shipping with two 12 oz bags?  When I went through to place my order, it is still charging me $12.85 for ground shipping.
 View Profile Link to this post
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Thu Jan 30, 2014, 6:47pm

Hey Chris what would you recommend for either single origin or organic for espresso from Fairmountain

Gery Bastiani
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Thu Jan 30, 2014, 8:14pm

gbastiani1952 Said:

Hey Chris what would you recommend for either single origin or organic for espresso from Fairmountain

Posted January 30, 2014 link

Their Bali Blue was ridiculously good but don't see it on the site right now, but it shows if you Google fairmountain and Bali Blue... weird, could ask them. Their Nicaraguan was great, as was their espresso blend. Really cool thing about them is if you try a coffee and want it a different roast, you can request that. Don't think you can go wrong with any of their offerings.

Haven't ordered from them in awhile, have to again, actually just ordered from an eBay roaster to give a try.
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Fri Jan 31, 2014, 5:50pm

Thanks for the recommendation, found four I may try......Flores Bajawa Ngura, Peru Cajamarca, Guatemala Huehuetenango and their Espresso Blend. They aren't that much more then the ones I get now and less then some and they sell in 16oz bags and free shipping on orders of 2 lbs or more can't beat that.

Gery Bastiani
Worldman
Worldman
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Expobar Office Control
Grinder: Cimbali 6/S
Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014, 12:48pm

CMIN Said:

...actually just ordered from an eBay roaster to give a try.

Posted January 30, 2014 link

What is an eBay roaster?

Len
Len's Espresso Blends
www.lensespressoblends.com
CMIN

Posted Thu Mar 20, 2014, 1:03pm

Worldman Said:

What is an eBay roaster?

Posted March 20, 2014 link

umm pretty much what it says, roaster that sells on eBay lol. There's quite a few that roast to order on there.
steamer
steamer

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV R
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-B Baratza...
Vac Pot: Krubs Moka Brew, vacPot
Drip: TechV, and many more
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014, 2:00pm

I use VERVE Coffee Rosters in Santa Cruz, I get it two day USPS and it is roasted the day before shipping. I'm in a 90 day program, and they rotate their espresso proctucts every delivery.
espressonewb1

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Mini Vivaldi
Grinder: Nuova Simonelli Mdx
Drip: Technivorm Mocca Master
Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014, 12:20pm

steamer Said:

I use VERVE Coffee Rosters in Santa Cruz, I get it two day USPS and it is roasted the day before shipping. I'm in a 90 day program, and they rotate their espresso proctucts every delivery.

Posted March 21, 2014 link

Their website states free shipping all the time so you don't have to be in the recurring shipping program. I just ordered a 1lb bag. Free shipping.

A little pricey compared to Red Bird but if you only buy one bag of RedBird at 12.95 and pay $5.00 shipping (my guess) you are not saving all that much. Savings come in buying larger quantities.
Worldman
Worldman
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Expobar Office Control
Grinder: Cimbali 6/S
Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014, 9:47am

espressonewb1 Said:

Their website states free shipping all the time so you don't have to be in the recurring shipping program. I just ordered a 1lb bag. Free shipping.

Posted March 26, 2014 link

$20 for one pound with free shipping = a pretty pricey coffee. If you factor in other roasters shipping costs, you might find out that you come out ahead by paying the seperate shipping charged by others.

Len
Len's Espresso Blends
www.lensespressoblends.com
CMIN

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014, 10:04am

espressonewb1 Said:

A little pricey compared to Red Bird but if you only buy one bag of RedBird at 12.95 and pay $5.00 shipping (my guess) you are not saving all that much. Savings come in buying larger quantities.

Posted March 26, 2014 link

Honestly Verves "free shipping" is just a gimmick, that's not to talk them down as the coffee is good but all their doing imo is including the shipping in the price of the pound. Look at what others charge for a pound + shipping for the most part and that'll tell ya. I mean does anyone think their going to eat shipping cost on every single bag lol.
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Espresso club...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.317090034485)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+