Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Redline
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Redline  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Sat Dec 21, 2013, 10:47am
Subject: Redline

Bought their La Cordillera blend and Redline on b1g1 last month, just pulled the Redline out of the freezer and had made drinks this morning. I've had it before, and maybe I just forgot, but what a fricken chocolate bomb. I didn't try it straight yet, just made our normal iced drinks this morning (just a double over ice and milk and some splenda). Literally tasted like a mocha type drink or even a chocolate milk lol. Was blown away, even my wife was like wow did you put anything in this as it taste like chocolate.
 View Profile Link to this post
CMIN

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2013, 4:05pm
Subject: Re: Redline

Just had straight shots, delicious. These are fairly light medium roast, guessing American. And I've never had
a medium roast that's as deep and chocolate bombed like this. Beyond impressed with Metropolis Redline, I must not have had it dialed last time I had it or the batch was a little off as I don't remember it being this insanely good.
gophishin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: ecm technika iv profi
Grinder: baratza vario
Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013, 11:53am

+1, I ordered 2lbs of redline, 1lb of redline decaf, and 1lb of Ethiopia Yirgacheffe on the bogo from Metropolis.  What a great deal, and their staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating.  My order got delayed in shipping by ups (long story), and Metropolis got a new order to replace it shipped out the next roasting day.  

Redline has been great straight, americano, macchiato, and latte.  Very sweet and rich, but does have a lot of good complexity, and that floral lavender that they describe.  I'm not usually one to pick up on those types of flavors, but it's definitely there.

The Ethiopia Yirgacheffe was the big surprise though.  I typically lean more towards the sweeter comfort blends than the lighter roasted SO's, but the EY has been great.  It's fantastic in an americano or straight, very complex and rich, but not overly so and unwelcoming.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CMIN

Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013, 12:26pm

Well that's weird, Metropolis themselves replied to this thread other day, and now the post is gone, why was it deleted?

But yeh even my buddy is over right now and he was like this is the best coffee I've ever had lol
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Mon Dec 23, 2013, 6:56pm

CMIN Said:

Well that's weird, Metropolis themselves replied to this thread other day, and now the post is gone, why was it deleted?

Posted December 23, 2013 link

It was deleted because of a forum rules violation.

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
ThatTallGirl

Posted Sat Jan 4, 2014, 12:54pm

I would love to try the Redline Espresso but the shipping to Canada is more than a bag of the beans! :)
osteenjames

Posted Mon Jan 6, 2014, 10:44am

Have you had Redbird espresso? its chocolate bomb as well very rich like having hot chocolate instead of coffee.
I've had Redbird but not Redline. Can you compare the two if you have had Redbird?
CoffeeLoversMag
CoffeeLoversMag

Posted Mon Jan 13, 2014, 7:47am

Redline espresso are favorite for most housewives. When you have this, it seems that the taste of chocolate, honey, lavender and merlot-like fruit in the finish. In fact, this drink garnered the most votes of the drinks because the flavors translate perfectly in milk and amplified in sweetness for a great latte or cappuccino.

Did you know...? Dark roast coffees actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts due to the fact that the process of roasting burns off caffeine.
www.coffeeloversmag.com/theMagazine
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014, 11:09am

dana_leighton Said:

It was deleted because of a forum rules violation.

Posted December 23, 2013 link

Just curious as to why a long time good guy and coffee favorite like Tony (Metropolis Coffee) would have his posting deleted, and the posting below (Coffee Lover's magazine), obviously designed to direct traffic to their website wouldn't be?

BTW, where is then (') on the word "Lovers?" Oh well.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014, 3:46pm

IMAWriter Said:

Just curious as to why a long time good guy and coffee favorite like Tony (Metropolis Coffee) would have his posting deleted...

Posted January 23, 2014 link

I didn't see the original posting, but perhaps he mentioned another product in his post?  Forum guidelines say you can't bring up another product that hasn't been mentioned by others in the forum thread.

So they could give info about the currently mentioned beans, but can't say "if you like that one you should try blend-X!"
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Redline  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.269217014313)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+