Espresso: Espresso Blends
Try my blend?
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Try my blend?  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
bodkacoffee

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: Cuadra II
Grinder: Vario W
Drip: Behmor Brazen
Roaster: US Roaster 5k
Posted Fri Nov 8, 2013, 4:47pm
Subject: Re: Try my blend?

Everyone's coffee went out today except Dayglo. I need your address.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
z0mbie
z0mbie
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2013, 9:22pm

Okay guys.. I got David's espresso blend and pulled several shots tonight but have decided to withhold my comments to give other participants time to complete their own taste tests.
 View Profile Link to this post
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Wed Nov 13, 2013, 5:40am

Package hasn't come yet, hopefully today? Looking forward to trying it.
gophishin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Wed Nov 13, 2013, 7:29am

Big thanks to David and Bodka Coffee!  I received my package last night, portioned it out for storage and pulled my first two shots this morning, six days post roast.

First shot was 18g in 37g out in about 30 seconds.  
I loosened the grind a touch on the second one and pulled 33g from 18.3g in about 26 seconds.

I won't got into detail prior to everyone else getting to try, but I will say the beans seem to be in their prime right now, and judging by the first two shots I pulled, I'm very much looking forward to playing with this blend.
CMIN

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 6:36am

My package came last night, thanks Dave. I have an organic Guatemalan S.O. right now so I just weighed out 16.3g like usual and used same grind setting since I have Guatemalan and it worked. And this morning made ice coffee with it (my normal double shot in a tumbler of ice and then milk). Guess I'll also say it was good, I really like it, and will wait to post more info till others do as well to not spoil lol.
bodkacoffee

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 7:06am

I never got Dayglo's address. I sent 4 packages and all 4 have been tested. So post your remarks as you see fit. Thanks so much for the feedback.
CMIN

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 9:25am

I made a double and I likened it to the "comfort" food type espresso I like, deeper etc. Very smooth too. The 1st shot the grind was slightly off as it poured a little faster then normal (I'm using a S.O. Guatemala right now so settings were similar) but it still tasted good. But I was doing stuff in the kitchen and left half of it, and when I drank it again it was cold, however it took on a quite chocolate like taste even when cold which was nice. In milk, awesome. Just creamy, nutty, smooth. I made a double, poured over ice, and whole milk.... yum.

Is this a new blend you guys are selling or trying to get the place to sell?
gophishin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 11:35am

Pulled two more shots this morning, tasted them and added to an americano.  In the past few weeks I've been drinking the Linea Caffe espresso blend and a few Phoenix area roaster's blends that are all of that "comfort" variety, and this one falls right in line.  

At 6 and 7 days post roast, the crema is very nice, lots of tiger striping and good consistency.  The beans seem to be roasted very evenly and on the medium to darker side (as compared to the 3rd wave lighter roasts).  The shots themselves are very smooth.  They have a good mouth feel but don't linger overly long and I would say the finish is fairly clean.  There is a roasty / malty sweetness to it that's just good to drink.  Not much acidity or bitterness to them at all, but there is a hint of a tanic/wine like depth towards the end that I haven't been able to pin point as of yet.  

FWIW, I found it slightly interesting that my Vario seemed to want to shoot all over with this blend even though it hasn't with any of the other similar beans I have been using as of lately.
bodkacoffee

Posted Fri Nov 15, 2013, 5:10pm

What do you mean by Vario shooting all over?
CMIN

Posted Fri Nov 15, 2013, 5:58pm

Didn't get any spray with my Preciso. Could be weather (humid/static) playing a part? Grind came out smooth and pretty fluffy actually for me.
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Try my blend?  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.211369991302)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+