Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Paradise Roasters
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Paradise...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
Author Messages
Providence

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Giotto Premium, La Valentina
Grinder: Rocky Doserless
Drip: Capresso Team
Roaster: Alpenrost
Posted Tue Jul 6, 2004, 12:26pm
Subject: Paradise Roasters

If you haven't tried Paradise Roasters Espresso and Decaf Espressos let me recommend that you do.  They are both delicious as espresso or cappuccino.

The roast is more in line with northern Italian....read more about it at Coffee Review.

This coffee shot right to the top of my list of favorites.
 View Profile Link to this post
expobar

Posted Fri Jul 9, 2004, 3:07pm
Subject: Re: Paradise Roasters

im going to bounce this post back to the top, because i saw Ken Davids gave this 93 points, the highest ever given to an espresso.  has anyone else tried this?

im considering buying some
toms

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: La Cimbali Jr.;  LaValentina
Grinder: Anfim, LaCimbali
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Melitta
Roaster: I-Roast, Gene Cafe
Posted Mon Jul 12, 2004, 12:18pm

I was really interested in trying some of their espresso but elected not to after talking to them about shipping. I live two states away in MO and they said it would be four days in transit. They use USPS and charge $7.05 to ship two bags (they package in 14oz bags). When I asked for UPS the lady said she would have to check but the rates would be more.
I hate the thought of my beans spending time in a hot truck and pinpointing delivery is important to me. So, much as I'd like to try their highly-rated coffee, I'll pass and use Intelligentsia!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Providence

Posted Mon Jul 12, 2004, 1:49pm

I was a little disappointed in the delivery service provided, but I can tell you it is delicious despite the wait.  Also, I just moved so my package sat a day or two in the post office.  It is a coffee well worth trying.

My recollection is, unless things have changed, that Intelligentsia's delivery if fairly long as well.  The speediest that I recall is Espresso Vivace.  Am I wrong about Intel?
toms

Posted Mon Jul 12, 2004, 2:18pm

I like Intelligentsia's system. They tell you exactly when a given order will be roasted and shipped.  I get the coffee two days after its roasted which, to me, is about the correct amount of rest. Years ago, I ordered from Peet's and they were very precise. They offered UPS 2-day for just a couple bucks over ground.
I home roast but am finding it difficult to obtain consistant results, even using SM's pre-blends. As always, the search for perfection goes on.
Would be interested in hearing about your experience with Vivace as I've not tried his coffee. Seattle and other west coast outfits take four days at least via UPS. Again, some of the best life of the beans spent in a hot truck.
tom_b
tom_b

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia/PID
Grinder: Nuova Simonelli MCF
Roaster: USPS/Popper
Posted Mon Jul 12, 2004, 3:07pm

I got my best mail time yet from paradise, 1 lb via flat rate priority envelope. They added a buck to the $3.85 flat rate. It is lighter than anything else I've tried, thought it was too light at first, but after a couple days I was pulling shot after shot, and the bag was gone twice as fast as usual. I ordered right after Ken Davids put out his review, and I think they were crushed with orders, so I think it was the freshest beans I've gotten via mail order yet as well. Worth trying.
tom
CoffeeDoug

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: La Marzocco  Hybrid FB 70,...
Grinder: Mazzer Robur
Roaster: Gothot-sample, 23k, 40k,...
Posted Mon Jul 12, 2004, 5:47pm

Initially we had a few hiccups, but recently (as in June 26th, 2004) we moved to a system that gets you your coffee very quickly.  If you order by Midnight, Sunday-Thursday, your coffee is roasted and shipped the next day.  If you order on Friday or Saturday, your coffee is roasted on Sunday and shipped on Monday.  Thanks for listening.

Doug Zell
CEO
Intelligentsia Coffee Roasters
Providence

Posted Mon Jul 12, 2004, 7:56pm

To toms
Vivace is very nice.  To me it is similar in taste to Paradise but not quite as bright.  I have to give Intelligensia another try.  I prefer Oromo over Black Cat.
toms

Posted Wed Jul 14, 2004, 10:36am

Thanks for the info. That high rating in the Coffee Review is tempting so I may break down and give them a try. I hate to have to pay for roasted beans plus shipping but may have to. I think for good results home roasting I might have to buy all the coffees for a blend and roast them separately before blending. That would compound my problem as I try to tweak my machine and grinder
There sure are a lot of folks that like the Black Cat Blend. I havent had any since getting my new machine. I may have spoke too soon about Intelligentsia, though. I ordered a couple pounds and asked that it be sent out today. Tried a phone order Monday but never got a live body so I left a voicemail, then placed the order online to be sure and put my instructions in the comments. Got a UPS message that the coffee was sent out yesterday. I emailed Intelligentsia and asked why they didn't send it like I asked and they wrote back and said they'd, "remind the person who's supposed to read the comments to read them". Guess one day is not that big a deal but I'm fussy about freshness.
Anyway...I'll see who can provide the best blend, and do it on time. Both Vivace and Cafe d'Arte have been accomodating, even offering to send samples.
jeanboucher
jeanboucher

Espresso: Livia 90
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Roaster: Zach & Dani's & Fresh Roast...
Posted Tue Jul 27, 2004, 8:00pm

toms Said:

I Would be interested in hearing about your experience with Vivace as I've not tried his coffee. Seattle and other west coast outfits take four days at least via UPS. Again, some of the best life of the beans spent in a hot truck.

Posted July 12, 2004 link

I have opened a bag of Vita yesterday, that I have bought 2 weeks ago from Vivace, and you should see the crema, if I have time tomorrow morning I will try to take a pict of a pull.

http://www.magicien.biz
http://www.1funnymagician.com
showing page 1 of 5 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Paradise...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.234790086746)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+