Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
sweet maria blends?
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > sweet maria...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 9:06am
Subject: Re: sweet maria blends?

It seems like it is in stock at the first of the month.  You have to get lucky. It is worth the wait and makes me want to roast my own to have it more often.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
mariog7

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Vetrano
Grinder: Vario
Posted Fri Mar 8, 2013, 6:41pm

Liquid Amber is amazing, either alone or with milk!!!  My new staple.
 View Profile Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 11:27am

Some roasted is up right now roasted the 19th.

Coffeenoobie

BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Espresso: L-I
Grinder: HG-One, Kony-E, VL, Lido2
Drip: Chemex
Roaster: Quest
Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:27pm

I need to buy a roaster....
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 1:09pm

It makes me want one also.  I like the liquid amber a lot and I think it was workshop 25 that we had at your house and I liked that.

Coffeenoobie

BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 1:23pm

Yes, we roasted 25 but we drank the 5 day old #23.  I liked the 23 better.

I keep agonizing between a Behmor or stepping up to either a Huky 500 or a Quest.  The Quest has the convenience of just plug it in and no gas bottle.  The Huky looks to be more robust and is a slightly larger package.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 11:18am

I have no opinion on them I have not researched it.  I might never roast and the only thing that makes me want to is not being able to get amber all the time.  And I liked the 23 that I brought home a lot.

Coffeenoobie

tek

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Changes daily
Grinder: Kafa-Tek Monolith
Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 1:06pm

BLrdFX Said:

I keep agonizing between a Behmor or stepping up to either a Huky 500 or a Quest.  The Quest has the convenience of just plug it in and no gas bottle.  The Huky looks to be more robust and is a slightly larger package.

Posted March 20, 2013 link

I have both Quest and Huky and I like both of them. But, most important thing about Huky is that its sensitive to environmental temperatures. It does not roast well below about 65F. It can roast, you need more powerful source, but it does not bode well for roast quality. I had lot of trouble in beginning because I was trying to roast when its too cold (you know as well as I do that we are below 60F large part of the year here in Seattle).

Once I switched to roasting inside my kitchen Huky is working great and I absolutely love the results I get with it. It roasts 1 pound of greens without breaking sweat. And there is no 1lb roaster that you can get for the price of Huky. Its unbeatable. I recommend getting solid drum, faster motor and ET/BT thermocouples. Feel free to contact me if you need more info or have questions...

I also like Quest but limit there is obviously batch size. I use both but lately since I managed to get everything setup so I can roast indoors I lean towards Huky more and more. One disadvantage of Huky is that its a very loud roaster. You can barely hear 1st crack and second is almost impossible to hear....

Hope this helps.

www.10000shots.com
BLrdFX
BLrdFX

Posted Thu Mar 21, 2013, 1:14pm

tek Said:

I have both Quest and Huky and I like both of them. But, most important thing about Huky is that its sensitive to environmental temperatures. It does not roast well below about 65F. It can roast, you need more powerful source, but it does not bode well for roast quality. I had lot of trouble in beginning because I was trying to roast when its too cold (you know as well as I do that we are below 60F large part of the year here in Seattle).

Once I switched to roasting inside my kitchen Huky is working great and I absolutely love the results I get with it. It roasts 1 pound of greens without breaking sweat. And there is no 1lb roaster that you can get for the price of Huky. Its unbeatable. I recommend getting solid drum, faster motor and ET/BT thermocouples. Feel free to contact me if you need more info or have questions...

I also like Quest but limit there is obviously batch size. I use both but lately since I managed to get everything setup so I can roast indoors I lean towards Huky more and more. One disadvantage of Huky is that its a very loud roaster. You can barely hear 1st crack and second is almost impossible to hear....

Hope this helps.

Posted March 21, 2013 link

What makes it noisier than the Quest?

Yes, Seattle is cool and wet but I too was planning on roasting indoors.  We did it in the kitchen with the Behmor that had a non working afterburner  and the stove hood fans (1 700cfm pulling and 1 700cfm pushing) had no problem with smoke.  Ha!  In fact they were sucking chaff into the fans when we opened the door of the Behmor!  Sort of edgy that, since flaming chaff could be an issue.

Are you using the heat source provided with the Huky?

I do know that the Behmor did give a good roast on that SM #23 and #25 so I am hopelessly hooked!!

Please PM, or email, me with your thoughts on the Huky Vs. Quest so as to not pollute this thread further :-)
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > sweet maria...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.296028137207)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+