Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Whole Latte Love Blends
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Whole Latte Love...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Nov 16, 2012, 12:51am
Subject: Re: Whole Latte Love Blends

Sorry I tried to help you find the info you wanted.  Will not happen again.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
alanmushnick
alanmushnick
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, gaggia espresso
Grinder: Mini Mazzer
Vac Pot: none
Drip: Krups aroma control
Roaster: I still don't do this.
Posted Fri Nov 16, 2012, 3:12am

hi
I am sorry if I offended Coffeenoobie. I will buy some WLL after I finish the stuff I just ordered from Paradise Roasters. And I will report back on my opinion of their stuff.

Alan Mushnick
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:57am

Thank you, I will be interested in your report.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012, 9:06am
Subject: Re: whole latte love

yakster Said:

The silence speaks volumes.

Posted November 15, 2012 link

Amen!

yakster Said:

Why don't you give it a try and let us know what you think since you don't seem interested in recommendations for more well known coffees?

Posted November 15, 2012 link

I'm not sure why Alan is so strongly attracted to the idea of buying coffee from Whole Latte Love.  Most of the coffee they sell is roasted by someone else -- why buy through a middleman?  As for the WLL branded coffees (which, to be fair, is what Alan was specifically asking about), speaking strictly from a personal perspective, I'd rather get my coffee from someone whose primary business is coffee roasting, and not selling coffee equipment.  It isn't that the equipment retailer's coffee is automatically bad -- I enjoyed the "Black Pearl" I once got from Chris' Coffee Service -- but simply that I've received better (and fresher) coffees from people who specialize in coffee beans . . .

One of the reasons that roasters like Vivace, Klatch, Verve, Counter Culture, Intelligentsia, and -- yes -- Red Bird gain a national reputation in the first place is NOT that we have all traveled to Seattle, Southern California, Santa Cruz, North Carolina, Chicago, and Bozeman, Montana, but that that people come here (and on HB) and say, "Wow!  have you tried this?"

Has anyone said that about WLL?  Just askin' . . .

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
 View Profile Link to this post
alanmushnick
alanmushnick

Espresso: Vetrano, gaggia espresso
Grinder: Mini Mazzer
Vac Pot: none
Drip: Krups aroma control
Roaster: I still don't do this.
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012, 12:15pm

hi
I was surfing around and they had some bargains. About $10 a pound. As I noted above, I have enjoyed the coffee from Paradise Roasters, Lacolombe, and Chriscoffee. I have tried Klatch as well. I try to avoid exorbitant shipping charges. And I like to get a full pound when I can. Chriscoffee has been good to me and I have only good results with Black Pearl and their decaf.

So my basic motivation was cost.

Alan Mushnick
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012, 9:26pm

In the FWIW Dept., we've had discussions re: cost before.  Even at $15/lb., and pulling 18 gram doubles, your cost in terms of coffee is 60 per shot.  Now, certainly $10/lb. is $5 less than $15, and every dollar counts, but -- IMHO, at least -- great coffee remains one of the great bargains left on the planet.  For instance, I buy most of my coffee from Red Bird.  My average cost per pound, delivered, is $14.29; @ 15.5 gram doubles, my cost per shot is just over 49.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
Dules

Espresso: Expobar Office Lever
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:04am

I just got in a 1lb of buzzopolis and a pound of Malabar gold from WLL. My espresso machine should be here tomorrow, and I will be dialing in my machine. I divided the buzzopolis, but I also have a pound of Velton's Bonsi blend coming on wed. So I will give some reviews on the Malabar later this week, if I can pull a decent shot that is. The Malabar gold beans are very oily, but look great.
kboom1
kboom1

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013, 8:04pm

alanmushnick Said:

hi
Anyone try Buzzopolis or other house blends from Whole Latte Love?
What did you think? Any comparisons come to mind?
thanks

Posted November 10, 2012 link

alanmushnick Said:

I am starting to assume that no one here drinks this coffee, or thinks highly of it.

Posted November 14, 2012 link

a few years back when I was spending more a year on roasted coffee than what my car was worth I ordered 10 lb of it, Back then I thought it had a simular flavor profile as Belle espresso from Klatch. I think I ordered it one time after that and thought the profile in the new batch had changed and didnt care for it as much. Since then I started to roast my own because of cost mainly, but will pick up a bag here or there either to compare with my own roast or if someone had a bag from somewhere that was outstanding I might grab a pound.
Dules

Espresso: Expobar Office Lever
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 8:10pm

Malabar gold: Just tried it after getting it a few days ago. Overall not that impressed with it. I tried to drink it straight, and there was an off flavor to me. My system was dialed in, using a HX machine and shots at 26 sec for 2 (volume) oz shots. I think it would hold up quite well if you were a latte/cap drinker, but as straight shots I would pass. Also for 20+shipping a pound, I will probably never buy again. The beans are a bit oily and would not be great for superautos. Overall I would suggest buying other Fresh Roasted beans. You can defiantly find better value at a different vender. I also did not like the fact of no roast date. Makes it hard to tell how old the beans are. Just my two cents. For me not even in the same league as Velton's Twilight which I got at the same time. I froze the buzzopolis, and will pull out some next week sometime and let you know what I think of it.
ECM
ECM

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Mazzer Robour E
Vac Pot: French Press
Drip: no
Roaster: Fresh Roast+8,  i-roast and...
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 8:26pm

I have about 85-90Lb's of Malibar Green that remain of the 100Lb bag I got from Dr. John.  It is one of my favorites to be sure.  It is a coffee that needs to be ground very fine .... almost to the point of oozing from the PF.  It is also very sensitive to temperature.  If I'm not mistaken it requires a temp of 207.  I also believe that many of the roasters tend to roast this way too dark.  I hit the cool cycle on the HotTop the moment I hear the first crack.  There are no oils on my benas.  Pull in really tight with a longer 30-35 second pull and ..... Heaven!

Rob
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Whole Latte Love...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.310554027557)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+