Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Redbird Espresso
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Redbird Espresso  
view next topic | view all topics
showing page 44 of 54 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Fri Sep 14, 2012, 4:06pm
Subject: Re: Redbird Espresso

Got my order of Red Bird today, ordered in on Monday night, so it would probably take a extra day to get to FL to answer your question.....dzitt. Also in my order I got some Brazil Sweet Blue to I've got my machine warming up right now and getting ready to try it.

Gery Bastiani
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Sat Sep 15, 2012, 7:41am

dzitt Said:

Is the Red Bird available widly in the US or you have to order and ship it ? Will go to Florida by the end of september, could be great to buy some good beans...

dzitt

Posted September 8, 2012 link

I've been drinking Red Bird for about 8 months. EVERY order I've placed has been roasted on the next business day and arrived at my home in Houston, Tx two days after that.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952

Posted Mon Sep 17, 2012, 5:46pm

And hopefully when the weather starts for cool down, you'll get a piece of chocolate for every pound you buy, and it's as good as the coffee..........hint, hint      :^)

Gery Bastiani
firefighter124

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Gaggia MDF
Drip: Bonavita
Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012, 2:37pm

Got my 1st lb of Red Bird today. Ordered Sunday, roasted Monday, and delivered to Florida today. That is excellent service; best delivery time of any on-line roaster I've used in the past. Lookin forward to trying a shot or three or four! :-)

Question, how long shall I let it rest before brewing? It's only 2 days post roast now.

Pete
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952

Posted Wed Sep 19, 2012, 4:26pm

I start in on the first bag when I get it, usually two days pass the roast date. But the flavor improves after four or five days pass the roast date but that's with my taste buds.

Gery Bastiani
vafan13

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012, 6:07pm

UGH!  I had it!  After experimenting on grind settings on the pharos I finally hit the sweet spot on this Red Bird (at least for me).  It was completely unlike what I had gotten from Red Bird before (went through about ~1 1/2lbs before this point).  Felt like I was drinking a liquid, coffee-fied bar of artisanal dark chocolate (Amedei, anyone?).   Found myself swishing it around every nook and cranny of my mouth trying to taste it in every way i could.  It was that good. Pulled about 5 shots in a row like this over 3 days and then I decided to F with it because I noticed a shot was taking around 31s to pull and "oh my god that's out of the 25-30s range.  If it's this good here how great will it be when I get it down a few seconds?".  Whelp I backed it off a bit, took ~28 seconds to pull and it was comparatively weak and it completely lost the heavenly chocolate taste.  Naturally I didn't bother marking down where I had it before and it's being a bitch to find again.  What an idiot. =(
ginalola

Espresso: Alex Duetto II; Pasquini...
Grinder: (2) Baratza Vario
Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012, 6:42pm

Vafan!....Just use a Triple Basket and be in Chocolate Heaven with every pull.  :)
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012, 6:31pm

The weather must be turning cooler, because Jeff has started to put the chocolate candy back in the shipments, thanks Jeff. Got my two bags of Red Bird today.

Gery Bastiani
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012, 7:48pm

Me too, Blue Jaguar Espresso yesterday, with chocolate.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Sat Oct 13, 2012, 1:24pm

He must have run out of chocolate...or maybe it's because I live in Houston?   I just received an order...5 lbs Blue Jag, 2 lbs decaf espresso...I got hard candies, not chocolates :(

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
showing page 44 of 54 first page | last page previous page | next page
view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Redbird Espresso  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.260776042938)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+