Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
favorite espresso roasts.
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > favorite...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 10 of 10 first page previous page
Author Messages
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Wed Jul 25, 2012, 7:21pm
Subject: Re: favorite espresso roasts.

rsinger Said:

Hey CMIN:

I'm in S. Fl too...  lately I've been getting everything I drink from Panther Coffee (which is outstanding), but I'm always interested in new sources, especially if the price is good :)

CMIN Said:

I'm going to have to check them out!

Rick

Posted July 25, 2012 link

Grew up in Boca, but just moved to Pompano last year. Never had Panther but I've been down where they are when they've had the food truck gatherings down there. I've also gotten beans from Siquella's on Federal in Boca, think they get their beans from their roaster every Tues and will sell you a pound too if you call before hand to make sure they have enough, there all the time as love their food. Brooklyn Water Bagels was really good though, both beans and the awesome bagels. Ask for Chris, the roastery/small coffee shop is right next to the restaurant. They have a bunch of other beans too including some flavored stuff that smelled really good. I got a sample of one of Larry Kings roast (actually don't know if it's shipped to them or if they roast for him), think it was Sunrise, on the lighter side for me but I liked it and generally I'm not a fan of light roast. I'm not sure which Espresso blend I bought, brain fart, was either the medium or dark roast, but I really liked it, really comes through well in milk drinks.

You have Eternity in Miami too. Recently found out about Alaska Roasting in Miami, Senor Coffee in Lauderdale, and Oceana Coffee in West Palm. Boca Java reopened to. There was another one in Miami, they were updating their website and now I can't recall the name of the company.
 View Profile Link to this post
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Wed Jul 25, 2012, 7:38pm

B and B was short for Batdorf and Bronson. you can find them on the gocoffeego site.

Gery Bastiani
rsinger
rsinger

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: OE Pharos - #136!!  ;)
Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012, 10:51am

As long as were on the topic...

There is also Cafe Don Pablo Coffee, in Miami Gardens, they roast daily, and do mostly wholesale business, but will sell to individuals if you call in advance (very inexpensive)

and also

Brew Urban Cafe where you can buy Intelligentsia Black Cat (they get it 4 days post-roast on Thursdays).
and they may even be carrying Anodyne Coffee (from Milwaukee) now.

New Bezzera Strega
OE Pharos: #136!!
Silvia's a virgin.....  again! (and sold)
Brasilia Cappuccino Del-1 Hx (sold too)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66189160@N04/sets/72157628015297112/show/
http://espressoproject.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CMIN

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012, 11:09am

rsinger Said:

As long as were on the topic...

There is also Cafe Don Pablo Coffee, in Miami Gardens, they roast daily, and do mostly wholesale business, but will sell to individuals if you call in advance (very inexpensive)

and also

Brew Urban Cafe where you can buy Intelligentsia Black Cat (they get it 4 days post-roast on Thursdays).
and they may even be carrying Anodyne Coffee (from Milwaukee) now.

Posted July 26, 2012 link

yeh I've been there (Brew), but I don't like Black Cat, I've bought from their store and ordered from Intell... always has a sour taste to it I don't like. I did buy some of their Anodyne beans, not sure which roast as I just told them it would be for espresso, and they were pretty good, liked a lot better than Black Cat. Brews is pretty cool though, that place is slammed busy everytime I've swung by, but I like the one off Federal, not the downtown one off Riverwalk as parking can be a pain in the ass.

I just checked out Don Pablo, have you had their stuff before? Man that's really cheap for 2lb bags, may have to give them a try. One of their beans got a grea review on coffeereview.
rsinger
rsinger

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: OE Pharos - #136!!  ;)
Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012, 7:58pm

CMIN Said:

I just checked out Don Pablo, have you had their stuff before? Man that's really cheap for 2lb bags, may have to give them a try. One of their beans got a grea review on coffeereview.

Posted July 26, 2012 link

Yep... I've had a lot of the coffees from Don Pablo, I bought coffee exclusively from them for more that a year...if you go there, call and talk to Fernand first, and tell him what you'd like, and he'll have it ready for you (you can ask him when the roast date was, but they are constantly roasting so if it wasn't roasted that day, it's never more that 1 or 2 days previously).  I liked their Guatemala Antigua and Brazil Santos the best for espresso... the espresso blend was not my favorite...

They are really nice people, I've gotten to know Darron Burke a bit, and he has always taken the time to show me his equipment when he gets something new, and was excited to show me around his new operation when he moved into a larger space last year...

I haven't been particularly fond of Black Cat for the past year either, I played with it for quite some time, controlling all the brew variables (grind, temp, pressure) is a systematic way, and never really got anything I'd write home about.  

Let me know what you think of Don Pablo.

I just brewed some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from Panther (as espresso)... one of the best coffees I've ever tasted! Really amazing....

Rick

New Bezzera Strega
OE Pharos: #136!!
Silvia's a virgin.....  again! (and sold)
Brasilia Cappuccino Del-1 Hx (sold too)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66189160@N04/sets/72157628015297112/show/
http://espressoproject.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Stuart

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Roaster: Air Crazy popper
Posted Sat Jul 28, 2012, 8:06am

Nobody drinks Stumptown's Hairbender any more? I was at Betterday Coffee in Santa Fe last weekend and picked up a bag.  At eight days post-roast, I'm finding risrettos to be wonderfully smooth and sweet. (198F, 18g coffee, 30g in 33 seconds)

I will probably still favor my local roasters (Brown and Cuvee -- well, sort of local). Fresh-roasted beans without the $6-$7/bag shipping charges. And I really do enjoy Brown's Cottonwood and Cuvee's Spicewood 71.
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012, 5:45pm

Just ordered my usual order of Red Bird, but I've added a pound of Jeff's Guatemala Antigua. I read on a thread that it was good so I thought I'd try some. Has anyone else tried it.

Gery Bastiani
showing page 10 of 10 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > favorite...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.271847963333)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+