Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Roaste
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Roaste  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 9 last page next page
Author Messages
BellaEspresso

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed May 5, 2010, 2:39pm
Subject: Roaste

Has anyone tried Roaste?  If so what do you think?
 View Profile Link to this post
Dave_I

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Brewtus II
Grinder: Baratza Mario
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Cheap coffee machine (can't...
Roaster: None . . . yet.
Posted Wed May 5, 2010, 3:08pm
Subject: Re: Roaste

BellaEspresso Said:

Posted May 5, 2010 link

I tried it once, and loved it!  With their perks, it's kind of hard to use anything else to be honest.  But yes, I thought it was a great service with some nice benefits.  There are some other equally glowing reviews of it that led me to use it in the first place.  I think Canon was the first to tout their services.  But yes, it's good, get some Vivace or Klatch espresso from them or something. ;)

-Cheers
Jmanespresso
Jmanespresso

Espresso: Alex Duetto II
Grinder: Compak K10 - Vario
Vac Pot: Yama-SY5/SY8/TCA5
Drip: V60, Beehouse, CCD
Roaster: Hottop B
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 9:11am

I JUST opened the door to the Mail Truck, which had my RoastE order.  First time using them.

I used them to buy some coffee from Vivace.. Ive been wanting to try their coffees, but shipping direct from Vivace is ridiculous to NY.. With RoastE, it was free.  IDK if I will use them all the time, but Im satisfied with the service.

I know that if I like the Vivace coffee, Ill use RoastE to order it again, thats for sure.  There is a decent amount of roasters on their too.. PTs, Klatch, Paradise.. Plus a whole bunch of others Ive never heard of, a number of which seem like good roasters.

Follow Your Bliss

Coffee makes your constantly overcome your prejudices and re-evaluate your own "received wisdoms" when it comes to judging cup flavors. -Tom Owen, SweetMarias
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
clumeng

Espresso: Vivaldi II, 67 Cremina
Grinder: Vario, Maestro, Pharos
Vac Pot: Aeropress
Drip: Technivorm, Chemex
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 11:43am

Oh I bet you're going to like the Vivace.  It was very very pleased with it and ordered a bunch more from Roaste.  I was lucky enough to be in Seattle last week on business and got to have a couple of wonderful drinks there.  This may be my go-to bean now.

Jman make sure to increase the temp when you brew.  Really necessary.  I actually preferred the Dolce to the Vita in milk but my palate sucks.  

Don't forget Ecco - I was very happy with their Espresso and reserve blends when I ordered.
canon

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Faema Legend
Grinder: Monolith, Compak K10 Fresh,
Roaster: Hottop B
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 1:36pm

Roaste is a fantastic new service which provides a marvelous source to try coffees from some of the country's best roasters without having to pay shipping.  In the process the customers earn coffee bucks which they can apply to future purchases.  The only disadvantage that I can see is that not all the coffees being currently offered by the roasters they represent are available with the Roaste benefits.  Current offerings, such as SO's are normally not available.  This may change in the future.  

In the past 6 months I have probably gone through 15-20 pounds of Vivace Dolce.  Before Roaste I griped about their shipping costs but this is not an issue through Roaste.  Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I discovered Redbird espresso from Redbird Roaster and it has displaced Dolce as my favorite and at $7 a pound pluse $10 for shipping 5 pounds it's a no brainer.

BellaEspresso Said:

Posted May 5, 2010 link

mrbjvb

Espresso: Quickmill Anita, Rancilio...
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch, Rocky...
Vac Pot: Yama 8 cup
Drip: Behmor BraZen, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 1:48pm

I have never bought coffee from them, but that is where I got my vac pot from. They have good discounts and often offer free shipping. Shipping was fast!
roastbear
roastbear

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3 with...
Grinder: Macap M4 with doser
Drip: Chemex
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 7:15pm

ROASTe rocks. Well into my second order with them. Purchased 2 pounds of Vivace Dolce first for a very price, then cashed in my club points on 2 pounds of Ecco Espresso. Both roasted to order, and in my mail box on the third day after roasting. Both were very good, and a treat to be able to try at the click of the mouse.
I highly recommend ROASTe.com. They have a nice selection and it's a great opportunity to expand you coffee horizon.
CoffeeRoastersClub
CoffeeRoastersClub
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vintage La Pavoni Lever...
Grinder: Breville Smartgrind,...
Vac Pot: Vintage Silex, Nicro...
Drip: Technivorm Moccamaster...
Roaster: javaPRO-CRC AIR Fluid Bed...
Posted Thu May 6, 2010, 11:37pm

Question to those who frequently buy from Roaste.  I visited their site and like to state that it is definitely very visually appealing and entices you to get involved.  

Anyone have any insight as to their business model?  They are essentially using drop shippers, correct?

Offering free shipping is a profit eater for sure.  Margins are generally very tight using drop shippers.

Very interesting site.

Len

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

Bitcoin Merchant www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com     www.javaPRO-CRC.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JVBorella
JVBorella

Espresso: Speedster, Strega, Cremina
Grinder: K10 WBC, Bunnzilla
Vac Pot: Hario NCA 3 & 5, Mitzudash
Drip: Hario Wooden Neck/Buono
Roaster: Hottop KN-8828P/B
Posted Fri May 7, 2010, 8:49am

ROASTe is simply passing the order on to the roaster. When you couple the e$ you can earn & apply with the free shipping I don't see how they can even break even on some of my orders. Maybe they make their money on advertizing? It's a killer deal while it lasts so take advantage of it.

John
jammin
jammin

Grinder: Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: manual
Roaster: quest m3
Posted Fri May 7, 2010, 9:25am

JVBorella Said:

ROASTe is simply passing the order on to the roaster. When you couple the e$ you can earn & apply with the free shipping I don't see how they can even break even on some of my orders. Maybe they make their money on advertizing? It's a killer deal while it lasts so take advantage of it.

Posted May 7, 2010 link

especially when you order from multiple roasters on 1 order and get free shipping.  makes it hard to shop anywhere else for me.  I'm just enjoying a great opportunity to try as many new coffees as I can while it lasts.

roast your own
showing page 1 of 9 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Roaste  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.271986961365)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+