Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Caffe Amouri No. 7
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Caffe Amouri No....  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
ajb123

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler.
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso.
Vac Pot: Yama.
Drip: Chemex.
Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012, 12:31pm
Subject: Caffe Amouri No. 7

Just went by a local coffee shop (in Vienna, VA) that does its own roasting on a tip from another poster at CoffeeGeek.  I tried their No. 7 blend ($13.00/lbs) making it a much better deal than shipping from my old favorites back in Chicago.  Ground enough for a double, not really sure what to expect -- but I was enthralled by the results.

Since purchasing my Breville DB, I have been looking for a shot that seemed commensurate with my cost of investment.  I had gotten many, MANY lackluster shots, a few so-so's that still didn't justify the machine... and then THIS.  The two streams trickled gently down the spouts giving rise to mounds of copper-colored crema.  The consistency of the shot overall was much more viscous than what I had been getting and a darker opacity overall.  I have been enjoying such shots consistently since I bought this roast, and I am so thankful I'm starting to make something that lives up my machine's capabilities.  Still miles to go for this beginner, but I am not as frustrated with the quality of my shots anymore.  19 g's in 25 seconds.  9 barr extraction at 200 degrees.

What I tasted:

A roundhouse kick of dark chocolate and sour cherries (see the great stuff from Michigan -- the sour adj. is not meant to be pejorative) to start.  That rides long before giving way to a sweeter, almost brown sugar finish.  This was just an amazing blend and I'm excited to go back for more.  They apparently have another espresso blend that's much lighter (good for milk drinks?) that I had in the shop.  I found the No. 7 to be the better of the two but I haven't tried the other blend on my own machine, so it is not much of a comparison.
 View Profile Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600+, CO/UFO combo
Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012, 7:44pm
Subject: Re: Caffe Amouri No. 7

ajb123 Said:

They apparently have another espresso blend that's much lighter (good for milk drinks?) that I had in the shop.  I found the No. 7 to be the better of the two but I haven't tried the other blend on my own machine, so it is not much of a comparison.

Posted June 27, 2012 link

Alexander,
Nice description of the #7.
BTW, usually a lighter blend is pulled as straight shots, or macchiato (not the Starbucks kind, the 1oz steam milk + double shot kind) and the darker blends are used for the cappas and latte drinks.
As far as I'm concerned, unless another moderator suggests otherwise, I see no reason why you can't post a link to this roaster so others here can enjoy this coffee.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
ajb123

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler.
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso.
Vac Pot: Yama.
Drip: Chemex.
Posted Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:08am

IMAWriter Said:

As far as I'm concerned, unless another moderator suggests otherwise, I see no reason why you can't post a link to this roaster so others here can enjoy this coffee.

Posted June 27, 2012 link

Gladly!

http://caffeamouri.com/
jwsnyder919

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Thu Jun 28, 2012, 1:49pm

hrmm..might be worth the trek over from alexandria.
theMac

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Jul 1, 2012, 6:02am

I'm curious what you were using that was lakcluster and where you got it from?  In other words was it old and the biggest difference is this is fresh.  Just curious.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Caffe Amouri No....  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.240585803986)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+