Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Best Mail-Order Value For Thick Chocolatey Espresso Blend?
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Best Mail-Order...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
Author Messages
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012, 7:58am
Subject: Re: Best Mail-Order Value For Thick Chocolatey Espresso Blend?

Sometimes it's cheaper if you go to the roasters site instead of Roastes, gocoffeego. I noticed that with orders from Deep Cello they are cheaper on shipping costs. On my last order of Nostromo Justin put in a sample bag of his own micro roasting company it was called Kenya Kaliluni Peaberry and to me it had a nice fruity after tasted if I remember correctly his other company is called Mad Beard Micro Roaster

Gery Bastiani
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012, 8:27am

Intrepid510 Said:

Why not get that order at roaste you will get free shipping at least and if you don't mind signing up for a subscription to that order and canceling it you take ten percent off.

Posted February 22, 2012 link

Definitely do mind signing up for a subscription with the obligation to stop it by cancellation if I don't want it anymore.  I'm a single order at a time kind of guy.  However, I like your recommendation for getting free shipping.  How fresh are the beans though, I mean if they go from one place to another and then get shipped to me, how long after roasting will I actually get them?  (I'm also an order from the source kind of guy.)

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012, 2:10pm

If they are Roaste, GoCoffeeGo or who ever the people that they broker for are shipped directly to you from the roaster. Unless you order straight from the roasters themselves.

Gery Bastiani
jbviau
jbviau
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012, 2:41pm

^^^ Example: on 1/21 I placed an order for a nice Yemen that Velton's offers through ROASTe. It was roasted and shipped from WA that same day and arrived at my doorstep in MD today, 1/23. 2-3 days post-roast is pretty much the norm in my experience. Right, there's no "middle man" for the beans, themselves (just for the order placement).
kid_drew
kid_drew
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville BES900XL
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Drip: French press is the closest...
Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013, 5:53am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just came across this and thought I'd throw my personal favorite into the mix.

http://thirdcoastcoffee.com

They have 4 different espresso blends, and their Tres Costas is one of the best I've ever worked with.  Bright, citrusy, with a nice milk chocolate flavor.  And at $9/lb, it's the best value I've found anywhere.

Those of you in Austin can pick it up at South Congress and Ben White.  If you ship it, it comes out to about $11/lb.
showing page 5 of 5 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Best Mail-Order...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.213652133942)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+