Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Best Mail-Order Value For Thick Chocolatey Espresso Blend?
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Best Mail-Order...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 5 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
ccolton
ccolton
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Le 'lit PL53
Posted Sat Feb 11, 2012, 8:40am
Subject: Re: Best Mail-Order Value For Thick Chocolatey Espresso Blend?

Hi Jason,

Yes, I certianly do now know!  I think I am becoming obsessed with coffee - this really is a different experience.

Have you ever heard of Old City Coffee in Philadelphia?  http://www.oldcitycoffee.com/

If so, any recommendations about them?

Thanks,

Chris
 View Profile Link to this post
ccolton
ccolton

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2012, 9:07am

Thanks, Gery.  Yes, they are expensive but, as I said, that was incredible coffee.  I will give your recommendation a try!

Thanks, Chris
gbastiani1952
gbastiani1952
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: QM Andreja Premium
Grinder: Cimbali Junior
Drip: Crusinart
Posted Sat Feb 11, 2012, 6:51pm

If you haven't looked at their site is www.Roaste.com and another is www.gocoffeego.com but are like a coffee broker they have anything and everything to do with coffee. But I did notice that its usually cheaper to buy the coffee straight from the roaster, cause for the same amount of beans from Deep Cello for example they charged me 10.00 for shipping but Deep Cello was only charging 3.95 for same amount. But you can go there and read the reviews to see what you may like and compare prices before ordering

Gery Bastiani
cherbhy

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Saeco Aroma
Grinder: Lelit PL53
Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012, 3:08pm

I have to add Caffe Fresco's Ambrosia blend to this list. It's simply wonderful.
ccolton
ccolton

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012, 2:08pm

I just received my Red Bird and Red Bird Decaf - I am still amazed at the taste of these coffees - where does the chocolate taste come from?  Amazing!  All of these coffees are so much different from what I have drunk in the past.

I also found a local store that sells Black Cat and CC Toscano - the buyer there agreed to inform me when the new shipments come in.  We'll see how fresh it is.

Great recommendations from everyone on this site for incredible coffee - I feel like a kid who just found out about candy.

Chris
ccolton
ccolton

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012, 5:57am

I received my order of samples from Deep Cello - tried the decaf last night and it is incredible.
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, 2 Macap M4s, OE...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Wed Feb 15, 2012, 6:40pm

Hey Chris,

Glad to hear you like the Red Bird.  It's awesome, huh?  I'm interested in hearing how you like Black Cat.  I won't tell you what I think of it, so as to not bias you.

I tried Deep Cello's Nostromo and Black Tie, in that order and found the Black tie to be more in the bass tones (along the lines of Red Bird).  Another blend I find to be in the same ballpark is the WBC from Klatch.  I think I may have recommended it to you in another thread...and I had mentioned their decaf is great as well.

I think you're hooked, Man!

Ron

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
MTmama
MTmama

Espresso: Alex Duetto
Grinder: Super Jolly
Posted Thu Feb 16, 2012, 7:57am

KennyH Said:

I second the Red Bird suggestion. I ordered five pounds recently and I'm going through it faster than any other coffee I've had. It seems to be easy to get a great shot even on relatively entry level equipment.

Posted January 20, 2012 link

I agree!  I've tried Black Cat, Hairbender, and a few other local roasters and then discovered that RedBird is in the same town!  Called up Jeff and he delivered a 5lb bag and I've been hooked ever since.  I haven't even ventured into other blends in the past 8 months.  On my Silvia I'm able to pull consistently decent shots with Blue Jaguar and Brazilian Sweet Blue.  It is just always good!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
ccolton
ccolton

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012, 9:05am

Hi Ron,

Sorry for the delay - I didn't have this thread send me notifications.  Thanks for all your advice!

emradguy Said:

Hey Chris,

Glad to hear you like the Red Bird.  It's awesome, huh?  I'm interested in hearing how you like Black Cat.  I won't tell you what I think of it, so as to not bias you.

Posted February 15, 2012 link

I love Red Bird.  My favorite so far, and I recognize that it may be that I got lucky with a few great shots and not a real difference in the coffees, is Counter Culture's Rustico decaf.

The local store has not delivered yet on fresh Black Cat - they keep promising.  We'll see.

emradguy Said:

I tried Deep Cello's Nostromo and Black Tie, in that order and found the Black tie to be more in the bass tones (along the lines of Red Bird).  Another blend I find to be in the same ballpark is the WBC from Klatch.  I think I may have recommended it to you in another thread...and I had mentioned their decaf is great as well.

I am going to visit the WBC from Klatch when I finish this post!  I am out of decaf!

emradguy Said:

I think you're hooked, Man!

You have no idea - I am totally addicted!  I am drinking 3 to 4 times the coffee I used to drink and alcohol consumption is down to nothing.  What's wrong with that picture?  Any way, yes, I love my new machine and especially all the great advice for coffees!

Thank, Ron!
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012, 9:55am

ccolton Said:

I am drinking 3 to 4 times the coffee I used to drink and alcohol consumption is down to nothing.  What's wrong with that picture?

Posted February 20, 2012 link

Nothing, Ron, unless you have wines in your cellar that need drinking . . . ;^)

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
showing page 3 of 5 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Best Mail-Order...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.310641050339)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+