Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Roaste
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Roaste  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 7 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jbviau
jbviau
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Tue Jun 7, 2011, 3:14pm
Subject: Re: Roaste

geoffbeier Said:

Back on-topic, it looks like they've opened a new deal with the same rules for roaste on eversave, so anyone who missed it and is kicking themselves has another 2 and a half days to jump in.

Posted June 7, 2011 link

Thanks for (re)posting this deal. I picked up another eversave voucher and used it to buy one pound each of the Vivace Dolce and Vita. Covered shipping with eBeans. Looking forward to trying these!
 View Profile Link to this post
bushrod

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Livia 90, Elektra MCaL
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C20B
Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011, 6:00am

Roaste is on restaurant.com!

The only restriction is $75 minimum.  Using the current restaurant.com code for 80% off, I got the $25 code for $2.

Ordered five pounds of Ecco Espresso for ($80-$25)+$2=$57.  Can't beat that anywhere!

Rich A
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011, 7:48am

bushrod Said:

Can't beat that anywhere!

Posted June 23, 2011 link

Well . . . it all depends, I guess, upon PPP (personal palate preference).  Five pounds of Red Bird is $49.95, including shipping.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011, 8:32am

bushrod Said:

Roaste is on restaurant.com!

The only restriction is $75 minimum.  Using the current restaurant.com code for 80% off, I got the $25 code for $2.

Ordered five pounds of Ecco Espresso for ($80-$25)+$2=$57.  Can't beat that anywhere!

Thanks for the heads up. Restaurant.com also sells a $50 ROASTe gift certificate (see here). Let me add a few details for clarity. After you've added one or more of the ROASTe gift certificates to your cart, simply enter the code SUMMER (expires 6/30) at checkout for 80% off the already-discounted prices of $10 for a $25 certificate or $20 for a $50 gift certificate. That means you'll be charged $2 for each $25 certificate, as mentioned above, or $4 for each $50 gift certificate. I bought one of each just now and paid $6 total via PayPal. That got me two gift certificates with ROASTe coupon codes. They don't expire, but there are restrictions, which I'll summarize below. Combine these with eBeans and you're in business. The higher minimum order on the $50 gift certificate in particular means I'll probably save it for an equipment purchase.

$25 gift certificate: Min. purchase of $75. 1 certificate per order. Can't be combined with other certificates or coupons. Doesn't cover shipping.
$50 gift certificate: Min. purchase of $150. 1 certificate per order. Can't be combined with other certificates or coupons. Doesn't cover shipping.

Update: It appears I also got a $25 restaurant.com credit for taking advantage of this offer. Just redeemed it.
bushrod

Espresso: Livia 90, Elektra MCaL
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C20B
Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011, 11:38am

JasonBrandtLewis Said:

Well . . . it all depends, I guess, upon PPP (personal palate preference).  Five pounds of Red Bird is $49.95, including shipping.

Is that a good one?  If so, I know what I want to try next...

Rich A
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2011, 11:52am

I haven't tried Red Bird yet, but I've noticed that there's a lot of love for it both here and on HB.
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Thu Jun 30, 2011, 10:55am

Slightly off-topic: through the end of the day tomorrow (Friday, 6/30) ROASTe is giving members $5 worth of eBeans for each equipment review they post (max: 2 reviews). You can put that $$ toward buying more beans. There, I'm back on topic. ;) I see some of you have already taken advantage.
TheMadTamper

Espresso: Salvatore SES; Izzo Duetto...
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC, K8 Fresh,...
Drip: /Pod: Bunn MCP
Roaster: /Other: Blender - BlendTec...
Posted Fri Jul 1, 2011, 8:50am

bushrod Said:

Is that a good one?  If so, I know what I want to try next...

I think Redbird is equally popular for its price point as it is for its quality, though that's not to say it isn't exceptional regardless of price.  I just think some of the "echobox" on the forums is created in equal parts in fair comparison to other roasters and in popularity because it is more affordable than most with the 5lb deal (which isn't a bad thing.)

It's also popular (at least for the higher end machine owners) for the "snickers effect"...if brewed with a certain dose and temp it can mimic the flavor of a Snickers bar with the combination of nut, caramel, and chocolate with a hint of saltiness.  I didn't manage to experience that on the Redbird, for whatever reason (my "new" machine was still very new at the time, so I blame operator learning curve), but I did experience a similar thing with Klatch House Decaf.

I'd definitely recommend trying Red Bird if you haven't yet.  There's a lot of great blends out there, but that's certainly on the list!
chasemonster
chasemonster

Espresso: Rancilio Audrey
Grinder: Hario Mini Mill
Drip: V60
Posted Fri Jul 8, 2011, 5:49pm

TheMadTamper Said:

There's a lot of great blends out there, but that's certainly on the list!

Posted July 1, 2011 link

No kidding. I have at least 7 different companies I order from on a rotating basis, and there are probably 7 more that I have saved on my computer to try out one day for the first time.
There is no way in hell I would ever drink the same espresso from the same roaster day in and day out for any longer than 2 to 3 weeks tops! There's just too much good stuff out there to be had!

Anyway, here is my recent RoastE experience:
I ordered 3 lbs from Vivace through RoastE -which was enough to give me free priority shipping.
Then, I applied my total bankroll of Roast-ebeans which I acquired by writing a couple of product reviews on the RoastE website.
Then, there was a $2.35 coupon that RoastE was giving out that day.
All for a grand total of $32.70 shipped!

Order #: 36214
Days to Ship: 2-3 Business days
Shipping Method: Flat rate shipping (2-4 days)
Products Subtotal:   $50.85
Flat rate shipping (2-4 days): $0.00
Discount order using eBeans: -$15.80
Coupon: RVFU9UO2H3RZ: -$2.35
  ------
Total for this Order:   $32.70

I placed the above order on Sunday evening, July 3rd.
My order was delivered yesterday, July 7th.
The beans were roasted on July 5th.

This is outstanding!
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Sat Aug 13, 2011, 12:29pm

Some of us have entered an iced coffee recipe contest over at ROASTe. Just for grins, I'm sponsoring a little side contest there that involves giving away a bag of coffee of your choice. Details here (100% free, no strings attached). Seemed like a good way to "pay it forward," so to speak. After all, I bought my Preciso and Classic almost entirely with eBeans! Feel free to take part, y'all, but please do so before tomorrow (Sun.) at 11 p.m. EDT if you're so inclined.
showing page 7 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Roaste  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.329370975494)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+