Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Roaste
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Roaste  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 8 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jbviau
jbviau
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Fri Sep 9, 2011, 9:21am
Subject: Re: Roaste

jbviau Said:

...Restaurant.com also sells a $50 ROASTe gift certificate (see here). Let me add a few details for clarity. After you've added one or more of the ROASTe gift certificates to your cart, simply enter the code SUMMER (expires 6/30) at checkout for 80% off the already-discounted prices of $10 for a $25 certificate or $20 for a $50 gift certificate. That means you'll be charged $2 for each $25 certificate, as mentioned above, or $4 for each $50 gift certificate. I bought one of each just now and paid $6 total via PayPal. That got me two gift certificates with ROASTe coupon codes. They don't expire, but there are restrictions, which I'll summarize below. Combine these with eBeans and you're in business. The higher minimum order on the $50 gift certificate in particular means I'll probably save it for an equipment purchase.

$25 gift certificate: Min. purchase of $75. 1 certificate per order. Can't be combined with other certificates or coupons. Doesn't cover shipping.
$50 gift certificate: Min. purchase of $150. 1 certificate per order. Can't be combined with other certificates or coupons. Doesn't cover shipping.

Update: It appears I also got a $25 restaurant.com credit for taking advantage of this offer. Just redeemed it.

Posted June 23, 2011 link

This deal is active again, fyi. Use the link above (here it is again) and the code SAVE (expires 9/14). I got another of each denomination (i.e. one $25 g.c. and one $50 g.c.) for $7 total. Btw, the coupon codes that these gift certificates give you work well. I've redeemed two since June. Their values show up on the "review order" screen after you've entered them.
 View Profile Link to this post
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 4:42am

ROASTe is a neat site for us coffeegeeks.  One function of the site is a highly interactive feedback model.  They appreciate feedback and participation enough to award ebeans - credits good for future purchases - for comments, product reviews, and blogs by coffee lovers.  I have been actively participating  for over a year now.  This added up to an amazing amount of ebeans - enough to purchase a Quick Mill Silvano espresso machine shipped from Chris Coffee!

How neat is that!

Even if a new espresso machine is not on your list, the coffee selection is world class.  One extra purchase I made a while back with my ebeans was the prime shipping option - now my shipping is free on any size order - that purchase has more than paid for itself.  

Thanks for making this Quick Mill Silvano espresso machine possible ROASTe! You guys ROCK!

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
SteveRhinehart
SteveRhinehart
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: 1970s La Pavoni Europiccola
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Hario Skerton
Vac Pot: Yama Tabletop 3-cup
Drip: Chemex, CCD, Kalita Wave,...
Roaster: Flavorwave/Stir Crazy
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 6:52am

Congrats Eric! Roaste shot an email out the other day mentioning your windfall, though they said it was an NS Oscar that you nabbed. Still, way to go! I've been meaning to blog more there, you've inspired me to make the extra effort now!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
EricBNC
EricBNC

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 11:19am

SteveRhinehart Said:

Congrats Eric! Roaste shot an email out the other day mentioning your windfall, though they said it was an NS Oscar that you nabbed. Still, way to go! I've been meaning to blog more there, you've inspired me to make the extra effort now!

Posted September 14, 2011 link

Thanks for that Steve - yes, the newsletter in the email did say Oscar but no matter.  The ebeans were enough to cover either machine and to be honest, I think either one would have made me happy!

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
jbviau
jbviau

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 11:24am

+1 on the congrats, Eric! Speaking of ROASTe, that coupon deal at the top of the page expires today.
samuellaw178
samuellaw178

Espresso: Arrarex Caravel
Grinder: Rosco Mini
Drip: French Press, Aeropress,...
Roaster: DIY Copper drum roaster
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 11:42am

Congrats Eric, that's really neat(and the machine)! I must say, I am very impressed (more to jealous actually, haha!). Do you mind telling how much the Silvano cost in term of ebeans? You must have collected bazillions of them. Congratz nonetheless!
EricBNC
EricBNC

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 3:20pm

samuellaw178 Said:

Congrats Eric, that's really neat(and the machine)! I must say, I am very impressed (more to jealous actually, haha!). Do you mind telling how much the Silvano cost in term of ebeans? You must have collected bazillions of them. Congratz nonetheless!

Coming from a man who will be using a Cremina I am truly flattered - The Silvano ran 9,460 ebeans to be exact.  I used a 5% off coupon (could have used a 10% off but found it too late) which lowered the price from 9,950 ebeans.  Shipping was included in the price.  It sounds like a lot, and I guess it is, but they give 50 ebeans ($5 worth) for a coffee related blog post so if you are handy with a keyboard the ebeans can add up fast.  

After reading some of The Mad Tamper's novelette's posts I think he could blog enough to own the company inside six months...

samuellaw178
samuellaw178

Espresso: Arrarex Caravel
Grinder: Rosco Mini
Drip: French Press, Aeropress,...
Roaster: DIY Copper drum roaster
Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 3:44pm

EricBNC Said:

Coming from a man who will be using a Cremina I am truly flattered - The Silvano ran 9,460 ebeans to be exact.  I used a 5% off coupon (could have used a 10% off but found it too late) which lowered the price from 9,950 ebeans.  Shipping was included in the price.  It sounds like a lot, and I guess it is, but they give 50 ebeans ($5 worth) for a coffee related blog post so if you are handy with a keyboard the ebeans can add up fast.  

After reading some of The Mad Tamper's novelette's posts I think he could blog enough to own the company inside six months...

I should've changed my status. =P Had received the cremina for a few weeks and been a very happy man.

Wow, 9k of ebeans. That's a really admirable effort. You totally deserved the Silvano! And your feat did tempt me to surf RoastE's site and contemplating to join the club. Too bad I just couldn't find any coffee that I like (within my price) and I am not looking for anymore coffee equipments.  But I am sure you have already brought in many more people just like me into roastE. For now, enjoy your espresso with Silvano!
EricBNC
EricBNC

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 7:50pm

That's what I like about the site - even if the coffee is premium priced, a couple posts or a blog or two takes the sting out of ordering a $15 bag of gourmet coffee.  After the ebeans I might have $8 or $10 shipping included in the purchase.  I can't get Counter Culture for that price and I live in the state where it is roasted.  Klatch has been getting my business but with Velton's and Deep Cello on board I will be spreading it around a bit. Also, Dolce by Vivace is one well worth trying if you haven't already.

I am not sure I understand what club there is to join though.  There is a subscription service offered (but certainly not mandatory) similar to what Counter Culture promotes, but there is nothing different than ordering from any other online vendor - create an account, pick a coffee, and then check out.

jbviau
jbviau

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011, 7:57pm

Eric is truly the King of eBeans. I amassed less than half his total at 4.4k and cashed in (combined with coupons and gift certificates) to get my Classic and Preciso this summer. Good times!
showing page 8 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Roaste  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.299686908722)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+