Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Blends
Favorite Online (roasted) Espresso Blends
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Favorite Online...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 12 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
ItalianWay
ItalianWay
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: GAGGIA Baby, ISOMAC...
Grinder: GAGGIA MDF
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: Gene Cafe
Posted Wed Feb 15, 2006, 4:53am
Subject: Re: Favorite Online (roasted) Espresso Blends

My favorite is peach Wood Fire Roasted Coffee.  It is imported from Italy.  Anyone tried it?

ItalianWay: aboutespresso_1kg_macinato_medio.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
joatmon

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2006, 8:13am

Removed
 View Profile Link to this post
2cupper

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Capresso S8
Posted Wed Feb 15, 2006, 5:28pm

I love the Vivace Vita as I drink mostly cappuccinos.  Anyone have another one that may be somewhat similar but as good or better?  

I tried Black Cat last year, didnt like.  Dont like Illy, etc. as doesnt taste near as good as the Vivace.

Glad to hear you can freeze and try that as I buy 4 lbs at a time.
Robespresso

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: MD 50
Vac Pot: no
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: stircrazy/sunpentown combo,...
Posted Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:08pm

I like the classic espreso from Aritsanroast.com and the coventry blend.  For those of you who buy more than a couple of pounds and freeze a pound or so, do you still get great crema after you defrost and used the coffee?

Rob
twistedneck
twistedneck
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Brewtus
Grinder: Mini
Posted Fri May 12, 2006, 4:08pm

Favorite online espresso blend is Black Cat.
 View Profile Visit website Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
JohnBonham1980

Espresso: QuickMill Anita
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Vac Pot: Not yet...
Drip: Presto Scandinavian
Roaster: Dawson Taylor
Posted Mon May 15, 2006, 11:02am
Subject: How about Klatch Roasting's Belle Espresso?

I haven't noticed anyone mention any of the espressos by Klatch Roasting. The Belle Espresso was rated highest ever for an espresso blend by Ken Davids on his NCR website, whose opinions I respect...

It's wickedly expensive for me to get it shipped without buying way more than I'll use before it falls off the quality curve... and I'm not set up yet for home roasting so green isn't an option.

Just wondering if it'd be worth the price of admission (approx. $35 for 2 lbs and shipping).

Hmmmm... this'd make a good topic for next poll I think...

"Freedom is running easy in harness." - Robert Frost
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Olivers
Olivers
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: LM Linea, Pasquini Livia 90
Grinder: Mazzer Mini, Robur,
Vac Pot: Bodum
Drip: French Press
Posted Mon May 15, 2006, 11:20pm

I Like
Espresso Forte from Counter Culture
Dancing Goats from Batdorf and Bronson
Hair Bender from Stumptown
Vesuvio from Batdorf and Bronson
Dolce from Espresso Vivace
Del Sol from Caffe Vita
AnnaM
AnnaM

Posted Wed May 17, 2006, 11:57am

I have tried quite a few of the roasters recommended here but the two that really stand out with their exceptional quality and service are  Rocket Coffee Roasters (DarkStar) and Paradise Roasters (Espresso Classico).
phaelon56
phaelon56

Espresso: LM 4 group , Isomac Tea,...
Grinder: Major, Super Jolly,...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Fetco, Melitta
Roaster: Sivetz , Diedrich
Posted Wed May 17, 2006, 12:27pm

Fascinating discussion.  I've tried some but certainnly not all of the blends mentioned.  And just as it happens to be with wine, food etc. - there is such an amazing divergence of taste among individuals and its not always consistent.

For example...  I've tried both Caffe Fresco's Daterra and one roasted by Andrew Barnett at Ecco Caffe. Andrew's had a slight edge but I think they were some COE beans he had stashed and roasted up for a special occasion.  

I absolutely loved the Daterra in general yet I wasn't enamored of the flavor profiel of caffe Fresco's Ambrosia blend. That doesn't mean it's not good - just that it doesn't find a good fit with my palate.  I've seen folks post here who love both the Daterra AND the Ambrosia   yet I've traded emails with a CG'er whose tastes is directly counter to mine: she hates the daterra and loves the Ambrosia!

I have not emailed Black Cat, Vivace's blends or Victrola's Streamline but have tried all in their cafe's and enjoyed them.  For my taste the Black Cat was the most complex and had by far the longest lasting taste artifacts.   I drank a 12 oz drip coffee after my double shot of Black Cat yet twenty  minutes later I was still tasting the Black cat!  (and it was good).

As for freezing...  in an ideal universe where we all had a terrific roaster in our neighborhoood or shipping prices were so cheap the we could just have a 1/2 pound or pound sent to us by mail order every week....  there'd be no reason to discuss it.  But the careful freezing and thawing practices mentioned here are valid and will definitely allow one to store beans and use them well after the roast date with no real evidence deterioration.

I do think 6 - 8 weeks is a reasonable cut-off date but I've used beans that were frozen for longer than that and they produced excellent crema and great flavorful shots. It's a far better choice than using 2 - 3 week old beans when there are no other options.

And I think "vacuum freezing" refers to the practice of using a foodsaver type vacuum sealing system to bag the beans before freezing them.

Owen O'Neill
coffeeDirtDog
coffeeDirtDog
Posted Wed May 17, 2006, 12:54pm

phaelon56 Said:

For example...  I've tried both Caffe Fresco's Daterra and one roasted by Andrew Barnett at Ecco Caffe. Andrew's had a slight edge but I think they were some COE beans he had stashed and roasted up for a special occasion.  

Posted May 17, 2006 link

Ecco is one of those that you really need to take the time to get to know to really get teh most out of.  It can be pulled a multitude of ways to get different flavor profiles.  It's not CoE if you got the Daterra reserve.  No secrets, just excellent roasting.

www.barismo.com
showing page 4 of 12 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > blends > Favorite Online...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.281537055969)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+