Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Questions and Answers
Disappearing part on Gaggia Classic
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Disappearing...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
McDuff1

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2013, 7:24pm
Subject: Disappearing part on Gaggia Classic

Setting up machine for the first time.  Made the mistake of unscrewing the removable decompression duct and the threaded part onto which it screws retreated into the machine.  What do I do now?
 View Profile Link to this post
MJW

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2013, 7:42pm
Subject: Re: Disappearing part on Gaggia Classic

If you mean the steel tube that leads to the drip tray... push it back up in there.  It doesn't screw in, it's a friction fit.
McDuff1

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2013, 9:37pm

No, the steel tube is there.  The part it fits into screws onto a threaded part - don't know technical term but it came down from the top, and the part the tube pushes into screws onto it.  That part coming down disappeared up into the machine and there's nothing to screw it into.
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Wed Jan 2, 2013, 10:16pm

Welcme to CG.  

I am not sure what you mean, but look at this diagram of parts on the machine.  40 is the drain tube from the 3 way to waste.  I am guessng from the description that you unscrewed 39 and then 38 retracted into the machine attached to a flex tube inside.  If you look at the diagram, the top comes off easily, 2 screws and lift off the plastic and metal top and fill funnel.

Tube 37 originates at the top of 27, the 3 way valve and the retracted part 38 will be attached.  You can feed 38 through the hole in the case by pushing the tube 37 in the correct direction and the thread 39 back on.  

You can disregard this and start over with part numbers and re-ask, if totally off base.

Put the parts site in favorites.

Great introduction to your Gaggia and the forum :)

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
McDuff1

Posted Thu Jan 3, 2013, 6:18am

That sounds exactly right but was there a link to the diagram in your response? I tried googling for parts diagram but the ones I found are really difficult to read.  When it happened last night I looked at the top for a way to get it off and must have missed it.

Thanks for the response, by the way.  I was despairing that I had broken the thing irretrievably before ever getting a cup of cappuccino out of it.
McDuff1

Posted Thu Jan 3, 2013, 7:11am

I did it!  Found the screws (duh) got the top off, the flex tube repositioned and screwed back on and, even more amazing, got the whole thing put back together.  Now to see if I can make espresso.

Thanks so much for your quick response.  You're a lifesaver!

If you don't mind, could you point me to the parts diagram so I can bookmark it, please?
Nurk2
Nurk2
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggio Classic
Grinder: Gaggio MDF
Drip: French Press
Posted Fri Oct 4, 2013, 5:08am

I did the EXACT same thing. Unscrewed the decompression tube to get the reservoir out and pushed the nut up into the housing while trying to put it back on... and all before I had pulled a single ristretto!

Thank You!

If it sounds good, it is good.
~ Duke Ellington

If you sound bad on Squire through a Peavey Bandit, you're not going to sound good on a PRS through a Badcat.

www.danskidmore.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Disappearing...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196783065796)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+