Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Questions and Answers
Favorite Insulated Tumbler?
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Favorite...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
CoffeeLoversMag
CoffeeLoversMag
Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu May 16, 2013, 9:13pm
Subject: Re: Favorite Insulated Tumbler?

I have one Avantro and Contigo (received it as gifts from friends though). I like both cups.

I'd say I have no problems with cleaning both cups. And to be fair, well, I use a cup for a week then change again :D

Did you know...? Dark roast coffees actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts due to the fact that the process of roasting burns off caffeine.
www.coffeeloversmag.com/theMagazine
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
pwest
pwest
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus
Grinder: Vario
Drip: TV, Moka Pot, Aeropress
Roaster: Stirred Turbo Oven
Posted Tue May 21, 2013, 4:14pm

I kinda like the Impress Coffee Brewer: http://shop.gamilacompany.com/impress/features/
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Wed May 22, 2013, 7:46am

that Impress looks interesting.  Would you compare the coffee to aeropress, press pot, or something else?  How much does one cost?

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
pwest
pwest
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus
Grinder: Vario
Drip: TV, Moka Pot, Aeropress
Roaster: Stirred Turbo Oven
Posted Wed May 22, 2013, 4:46pm

emradguy Said:

that Impress looks interesting.  Would you compare the coffee to aeropress, press pot, or something else?

Posted May 22, 2013 link

Probably closer to a press pot: I've only used it twice, both times I ground as I do for my TV.  The first time I filled with water from my instant hot water dispenser (this is the first time I ever tried it for coffee, and I suspect it is not hot enough) and the result was good, but not exceptional.  The second time I used my TV to heat the water and that worked quite well.  It stayed very hot for a long time and had a nice press pot flavor and mouthfeel

emradguy Said:

How much does one cost?

Posted May 22, 2013 link

It was $40 and I found a free shipping coupon code over on Home Barista that was still active.  My main plan for this thing is to take it traveling with me--I'll use the hotel microwave to heat the water and bring my own coffee. I used to use my AP, but pressing into those hotel-supplied paper go cups is a real challenge!

-Phil
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Thu May 23, 2013, 3:19pm

Cool, thanks.  Yeah Aeropress and paper cups don't play well together

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Favorite...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.248378992081)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+