Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Questions and Answers
Barista dream machine roaster
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Barista dream...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
dqts

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio S20 midi de
Grinder: Cunill Brasil, Capresso...
Vac Pot: bodum 8 cup
Drip: Chemex, kyoto
Roaster: us roaster corp 1 lb
Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012, 11:11pm
Subject: Barista dream machine roaster

Saw this pop up on eBay recently. It boasts a 1kg batch size for 2700 wow. Anyways I haven't been able to find too much info about it. I am going to contact the seller because I am assuming they make it.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this or has used it.
One thing I did notice was the roasting time it lists is 20-25 mins which I am assuming is for the max amount but that's a bit long in comparison to commercial roasters doing it in 12-15 at their max capacities

Here is the link.

Click Here (www.ebay.com)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012, 11:28pm
Subject: Re: Barista dream machine roaster

dqts Said:

Saw this pop up on eBay recently. It boasts a 1kg batch size for 2700 wow. Anyways I haven't been able to find too much info about it. I am going to contact the seller because I am assuming they make it.

Just wondering if anyone knows about this or has used it.
One thing I did notice was the roasting time it lists is 20-25 mins which I am assuming is for the max amount but that's a bit long in comparison to commercial roasters doing it in 12-15 at their max capacities

Here is the link.

Click Here (www.ebay.com)

Posted November 30, 2012 link

Well, first off, why they would recommend it for your "Million dollar family room" is more than curious, as the smell, smoke and heat would reduce that to a $100 family room in no time.
Speaking of time, that is, for the most part WAY too long for a normal roast. You are correct in that a normal roast time might be 12-16 minutes, on average.
What's not clear is if the 20-25 includes the cooling time. They say ROASTING TIME, so I assume it's that only, cooling extra.
IMO, save your money.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Fri Dec 7, 2012, 5:33am
Subject: Re: Barista dream machine roaster

I did a lot of research before buying my 1kilo roaster (which is 2.2lbs not 2.5lbs) , I ruled out electric when getting over a 1lb capacity, they just don't have the power or control over a roast that a gas machine will. This machine listed is half the price of any other 1kilo machine which makes me wonder where costs where saved but I guess if one puts it into their million dolor family room or kitchen they can afford to also put in the exhaust and whole room filter they can afford to just buy a new machine when this one fails. I have found I need to add a whole room scrubber to filter the air in my garage to take care of the smoke that escapes when dumping the beans, a two hour roasting session even with the doors open gets the room full of smoke and I begin to get nauseous.

If I had $3k burning a hole in my pocket for a roaster I would be looking at 1lb roasters (gas)  like the mini 500 or save money and get the Hulky.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Q and A > Barista dream...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197230100632)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+