Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Melitta Clarity Second Look
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Melitta Clarity...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 7 of 7 first page previous page
Author Messages
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Dec 23, 2004, 12:38pm
Subject: Re: Melitta Clarity Second Look

kvltrede Said:

However, if this post catches you in time I'd recommend that you take a quick look at QVC to see if they still have them at $16.  Somebody posted about this price reduction in an earlier thread today.  As a guy who breaks about a carafe a year I jumped on that deal.  I was going to let the Clarity blow-out pass me by at $36 plus s/h and $50 plus tax but at $16 I couldn't resist.  I still plan on being extra-careful with the carafe of my current Clarity but now I won't have to ponder spending big $$$ on a Technivorm if I do happen to break it.

Kurt

Posted December 23, 2004 link

Hey Kurt, do you remember the thread please? WoW, unreal on the QVC 54.92% price reduction blow out/get the rest of em' out the door for the Christmas season special!!!

I just re-checked QVC, & it's still there! @ $16.34 Click Here (www.qvc.com)

P.S. I just rechecked the link (2 3/4 hrs after my post) & they're all sold out now! {:-(
Oh well...

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
kvltrede

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Solis Maestro Plus
Vac Pot: Cory
Drip: Melitta Clarity & Mr. Coffee
Posted Thu Dec 23, 2004, 3:54pm

CraigA Said:

Hey Kurt, do you remember the thread please? WoW, unreal on the QVC 54.92% price reduction blow out/get the rest of em' out the door for the Christmas season special!!!

I just re-checked QVC, & it's still there! @ $16.34 Click Here (www.qvc.com)

P.S. I just rechecked the link (2 3/4 hrs after my post) & they're all sold out now! {:-(
Oh well...

Craig,

It appears that you found the thread but, if not, here ya go:  12-23-04 Clarity blow-out thread

Kurt
 View Profile Link to this post
vvyk3d

Posted Thu Dec 23, 2004, 4:08pm

yep it was me that posted about the price. I was all set this mornin to wake up and go out there. I thought id give QVC one last try before taking the trip, i was happy with my find.

Dan
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Dec 23, 2004, 4:17pm

kvltrede Said:

Craig,

It appears that you found the thread but, if not, here ya go:  12-23-04 Clarity blow-out thread

Kurt

Thanks Kurt, for posting the link, no I missed the thread & hadn't looked for it yet.

vvyk3d Said:

yep it was me that posted about the price. I was all set this mornin to wake up and go out there. I thought id give QVC one last try before taking the trip, i was happy with my find.

Thanks Dan! {:-)
I already have 3!, but I love readin' all the posts on it. {:-D

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Bluegrasser

Espresso: Krups Vivo 887
Grinder: Kitchen Aid Pro-Line
Drip: Melitta Clarity
Posted Thu Dec 23, 2004, 10:01pm

JonR10 Said:

Very good feedback and thanks for sharing your experience so far.  

Don't throw away your old Krups just yet!!  I would love to hear about the differences between the two pots for GOOD beans, and if you decide to upgrade the grinder that would be a great experience to hear about as well.  

Posted December 20, 2004 link

I got some fresh beans, and all I can say is WOW!

I've got very close friends in New Mexico, and they shipped me some from the New Mexico Pinon Coffee company for Christmas.

Pinon may not be for everyone, but I was surprised at the full flavor from the fresh beans, and grind. It was a light city roast, and I've always prefered the dark roasts using my Krups... But it was fresh, and a gift, so I made a pot, and was amazed. It had much more pure flavor than I expected. No over-roasted burnt taste like the Starbucks..

The more I use the Clarity, the more I like it.

Thanks for steering me to it guys.
mainbohemian

Espresso: Yes
Grinder: Yes
Vac Pot: Yes
Drip: Yes
Roaster: Yes
Posted Fri Dec 24, 2004, 7:36am

Bluegrasser Said:

Report thus far... If you care... :)

... So here's what I did to get the best drink with the Clarity and charbucks beans.
I increased the grind size, so I'm now 1 click from the filter setting, and increased the coffee amount, to 1 tbs per cup.

Posted December 20, 2004 link

Hi ... is it possible for you to provide us the weight of your ground 1 tblspn of coffee? ... i'm finding weight-to-water ratio to be more exacting than volume-to-water.
showing page 7 of 7 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Melitta Clarity...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.303754091263)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+