Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Peugeot Bresil Hand Coffee Grinder!
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Peugeot Bresil...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
sniggings

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Oct 15, 2009, 12:58pm
Subject: Re: Peugeot Bresil Hand Coffee Grinder!

just been told the grinder is on it's way, at long last! hope to receive it tomorrow.
 View Profile Link to this post
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Thu Oct 15, 2009, 4:00pm

Good to hear Chris! & let us know please how you like the grinder. {;-)

I'm interested to hear about the quality of the burr set & grinding mechanism & how the grind consistency is.

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169
http://plus.google.com/u/0/100690035958728038289/posts/p/pub

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
sniggings

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2009, 1:29pm

well I received my grinder today,it's my first proper grinder so don't have anything to compare it too but on first opening I was impressed with the build quality,the main box seems very well put together,the draw is a very snug fit but only holds enough ground coffee for 1 cup but is not really a problem as all you have to do is remember to empty the draw, if making more than a cup,but to be fair if you buy this grinder you know it's only for a cup or two at a time,as for the grind it produces ,well to me it seems as good as any shop bought coffee grounds if not better,all seems very uniform,up to now I have not tried changing the settings to much as I can only drink so much coffee! the grinding of the beans is a lot easier to turn than I thought it would be,the number of turns needed for a cup up to now seems to be around 80 but I think I have the setting a bit to fine at the moment so need to do a few trail runs,so in conclusion I am very glad I went for the peugeot grinder,one last thing I just remembered to mention is I'm surprised the mill dosn't come will I lid but lets not be too fussy.
sbpwave

Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Krups electric, Peugot...
Drip: Mellita cone; Frieling...
Roaster: Iron frying pan
Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 4:54am

I have a Nostalgie by Peugeot and I like it. Good even grind and not hard to use. I use a small Purdey paint brush (any brush would do- I like the copper ferrule that has less risk to scratch) to sweep out the drawer and the upper bin. I don't use our electric grinder much anymore. But if you are grinding a pound of coffee for a big event or party it would take a lot of time. It looks like they are made in Quingey, Dampierre or Viney, France. However the burr inside mine is stamped TRE SPADE Made in Italy. TRE SPADE is around since 1894 and makes great products also. So some of the parts are farmed out? I think you made a good choice and you payed more (as did I) for yours than one of those cheapo hand grinders that the reviews say are mostly junk.
I read about Peugeot at peugot.fr/histoire and auto-pedia.fr. These sites are in French. My French is a little rusty but couldn't find much in English.
I didn't care for the Zassenhaus grinders (although they are reputed to be quality) because it appeared harder to access the upper bin for wiping out to get rid of old coffee oil once in a while. The Peugeots are easy to get into, top and bottom.
You can make a lid cut out of a plastic lid making a notch or whatever. That's why I got the Nostalgie- to not have dust going in the bin when not in use (you can set a small cloth on top when not in use), and beans flying out at rare times when in use, but both styles have been around for decades and are popular. Peugeot started these in 1840 or 1842. Go look at internet pictures of ancient ones. You'll be amused, I guarantee.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Peugeot Bresil...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.217594146729)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+