Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Brazen Brewer Release Valve Failing
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Brazen Brewer...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
BeerCan

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Jan 3, 2014, 3:00pm
Subject: Re: Brazen Brewer Release Valve Failing

Add me to the buzzing list.  It was so loud I thought my garbage disposal turned on by itself LOL

Off to the Brazen support pages.
 View Profile Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 7:22pm

shacke Said:

If you have an earlier model, and you are now buzzing and not draining, they will replace it.

I was an early adopter and had the same issue.   new one showed up, no sweat.

Send them your serial number, and let them know your water is not scale prone.  That should do it.  They will probably send you a sheet with troubleshooting it but it's kaput.  

They were a pleasure to deal with.  No joke.

Posted January 2, 2014 link

Did all the steps and answered all their questions. Email said they would send a unit out. Getting tired of waking up 1 hour earlier to make espresso for the wife, darn tempted to pull the 15 year old mr coffee maker out, lol.

Still it would be nice to have received  an official email indicating if a replacement is on its way, maybe with a tracking #. Well I will just pretend its 1980 and wait in the dark for a few more days and be happy or mad when it arrives or doesn't.
BeerCan

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014, 7:25am

germantownrob Said:

Did all the steps and answered all their questions. Email said they would send a unit out. Getting tired of waking up 1 hour earlier to make espresso for the wife, darn tempted to pull the 15 year old mr coffee maker out, lol.

Still it would be nice to have received  an official email indicating if a replacement is on its way, maybe with a tracking #. Well I will just pretend its 1980 and wait in the dark for a few more days and be happy or mad when it arrives or doesn't.

Posted January 9, 2014 link

Same here :)   They said they are sending a replacement and went into radio silence.  No problem as their support was pretty responsive during this ordeal especially considering the time of year.  Hopefully mine arrives soon though, my current one really sounds bad.
hankua
hankua
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Salvatore One Black
Grinder: Major, Rossi, Tanzenia,...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, CCD
Roaster: Feima 800n
Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014, 11:42am

Same here; just got ups tracking from Behmor. Maybe their behind due to the holidays?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014, 2:28pm

hankua Said:

Same here; just got ups tracking from Behmor. Maybe their behind due to the holidays?

Posted January 10, 2014 link

Glad to hear this Hank.

My past experiences with Behmor and their roaster was kinda the same way, after a month of waiting for the roaster to return from service I had already had a HotTop in my possession for 3 weeks. The difference here is I really like the Brazen and don't really want a different drip maker so I will wake up early and make the better half her Americano to go and try to stop my complaining. Lol. I have many doubles of items and the Brazen may just need a back up waiting on the shelf in the basement so people (or me) can take their time and I don't need to worry about it.

For now I will just check my in box hoping for a delivery status every twenty minutes.
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Tue Jan 14, 2014, 5:31pm

Today I got a response from Behmor, a replacement should be sent out by Thursday stating they had some ....place your excuses here... So I got that going for me, lol.
pjsmith

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014, 6:49am

I just found this thread.  I'm starting to go through the process of identifying the buzz sound to Behmor. And I'm confident they'll make good on it. I did want to say that, overall, these threads have a somewhat negative tone about Behmor as a company.  This I don't understand. Particularly when the complaint is that you've emailed (during the holidays) and nobody has replied that day.

I find Behmor's responsiveness to be better than nearly any other company I've ever had to make a warranty call on. And it's friendlier to boot.  I think too many people are holding this company to the standard of an ideal, rather than evaluating them relative to the norm. My experience is that they approach the former and outshine-by miles- the latter.

Sure, I have a part probably failing on my machine, and I'd be just as happy if Behmor fixed my current one rather than them losing the cost on giving me a brand new whole unit. But this is what they are doing for people. Meanwhile, I still enjoy an excellent pot of coffee that this machine makes every morning.
LiferJuice
LiferJuice

Grinder: Capresso Infinity Stainless
Drip: Behmor, Technivorm
Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014, 5:40am

My Brazen has worked flawlessly, but I keep my Technivorm as a backup just in case.
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Sat Feb 1, 2014, 6:19am

pjsmith Said:

I just found this thread.  I'm starting to go through the process of identifying the buzz sound to Behmor. And I'm confident they'll make good on it. I did want to say that, overall, these threads have a somewhat negative tone about Behmor as a company.  This I don't understand. Particularly when the complaint is that you've emailed (during the holidays) and nobody has replied that day.

I find Behmor's responsiveness to be better than nearly any other company I've ever had to make a warranty call on. And it's friendlier to boot.  I think too many people are holding this company to the standard of an ideal, rather than evaluating them relative to the norm. My experience is that they approach the former and outshine-by miles- the latter.

Sure, I have a part probably failing on my machine, and I'd be just as happy if Behmor fixed my current one rather than them losing the cost on giving me a brand new whole unit. But this is what they are doing for people. Meanwhile, I still enjoy an excellent pot of coffee that this machine makes every morning.

Posted January 15, 2014 link

My problem started Jan 2, email responses where quick but it took 24 days to receive the replacement unit and an email during the wait to them to see if they actually sent it. Many people are on their 2nd and third replacement, I think this is the tone you refer to and not that I or someone else didn't get an email back during or after the holidays in the same day.

I still love the brewer, time will tell if the replacement will hold up to the test of time.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Brazen Brewer...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.313355922699)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+