Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Coffee: Machines and Brewing Methods
Verismo Question ...
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Verismo Question...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Willee

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Oct 22, 2013, 5:22am
Subject: Verismo Question ...

Can the shot volume be adjusted on the Starbucks Verismo machine?
 View Profile Link to this post
DanoM

Espresso: Bezzera Strega, '84 La...
Grinder: Compak K10, Kludge grinder,...
Posted Tue Oct 22, 2013, 10:03am
Subject: Re: Verismo Question ...

If I remember correctly I think you can change the shot volume on those machines.  That being said I wouldn't recommend one - I was market testing it before it was released for sale and found it to be pretty poorly made and the "espresso" that came out was even worse.  At least give them a very good try before buying one!

(I took the money that I was paid for market testing and bought a better machine!  I suggest everyone buy a better machine than the Verismo.  The base Verismo machine sells in Australia for AU$80; another Starbucks ripoff.)
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Tue Oct 22, 2013, 10:03am

William
Welcome to the board :D

For the most part, we tend to not use these machines, in part to the lack of adjustability built into them and the use of pods or in this case, Kcups which is very stale ground coffee.

Do you own one or are you considering buying one? Espresso can be quite the expensive hobby and a lot of people are not interested in investing $600 to $1200 for a starter setup so the superautomatic and pod/kcup machines are popular with many people.

A quick view of the Verismo website,  
http://www.verismo.com/en-us/
shows it to be a fairly inexpensive Kcup machine, most of these machines are fixed in volume. Some can be fooled by not filling the built in water tank to the line and so it gets less water than it was designed for, making a smaller drink.

I have had drinkable coffee from the Keruig (however you spell it) when staying in motel rooms and it was much better than what is normally in the lobby, burning on the machine for hours.

What is it that you are looking to get, stronger coffee? More espresso like?

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
jbviau
jbviau

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Tue Oct 22, 2013, 7:55pm

Willee Said:

Can the shot volume be adjusted on the Starbucks Verismo machine?

Posted October 22, 2013 link

I don't believe so, but it can on, say, the CBTL Kaldi machine, and that one will accept Verismo capsules (brewed, not espresso); see here if you're curious: http://www.singleservecoffeeforums.com/post94021.html#p94021
Bogiesan

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Salvatore Famosa c.2000
Grinder: Rancilio M40
Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013, 7:44am

The Verismo machine was available at Macy's and Dillard's here in Boise ID (and Starbucks stores, of course). They are all gone and the consumables are being sold off at deep discounts. I know the black apron gal at one of the larger SB shops and she impied, without being disloyal to her employer, the shop had to stop demoing the units in the store because the so-called espresso and the reconsitituted milk were literally undrinkable. Even regular SB know-nuthin's could tell the difference. Add enough hazelnut syrup, though, and you can drink anything.

If you want a single-serve unit, stick with the larger, programmable and adjustable Kuerig systems. But do yourself a huge favor and carefully taste test the output of several brands of the consumables. Taste carefully. Take a go-cup of your favorite black coffee with you to the demo.

Convenience is the only sellable feature for these single serve systems. The pods are expensive and they are filled with lousy coffee and tea and the extraction method just barely qualifies as "brewing."

I play go. I use Macintosh,. Of course I ride a recumbent.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Coffee > Machines > Verismo Question...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.234178066254)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+